Best sealed room thread here

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rawman

rawman

Sealed rooms are the way to go for sure... I run open bulb magnums without the glass, beats the hell outta cleaning that shit all the time... I air exchange all night so the dehuey doesn't have to work as hard.... I run co2 between 1000-1200 PPMS I have a controller that allows me to set a high and low point....

Since I've been growing in a sealed room it seems growth rates go through the roof, so fast....

Also the only times I've hit 2+ a light was in my sealed room... Although I haven came close in another room thats not sealed....

Also mine as well note SOGS are the way to go to... Would you rather have to rely on getting a Half LB a plant @ 4 plants a light, or would you rather grow 15 a light and only need 2-3 ounces a plant? Thats my philosophy...

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I guess I'm going to have to start a thread on my new rooms. Probably won't be the best, but hopefully it will inspire others as I feel I have tried to make it as simple as possible right now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes! If you've been doing sealed rooms, then definitely please start a thread, and if it's really good I'll make it all kinda sticky.

ghost79

ghost79

What's the best way to seal a room? Please through out any ideas, or suggestions you may have, it will be much appreciated !!! I have another question, when it comes to air, like fresh air, isn't that important even if the room is sealed. What's the downside to not having fresh oxygen, while supplementing w/ CO2 in a sealed room?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Oxygen is supplied via mini split. Sealed meaning no intake or exhaust with ac and non air cooled is really where its at. Check back through the thread and click links for pics

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What's the best way to seal a room? Please through out any ideas, or suggestions you may have, it will be much appreciated !!! I have another question, when it comes to air, like fresh air, isn't that important even if the room is sealed. What's the downside to not having fresh oxygen, while supplementing w/ CO2 in a sealed room?

Oxygen is actually supplied via your plants. Remember that thing called photosynthesis? Plants breathe in Co2 and exhale O2.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The basic reason for a sealed room is to gain and keep control over the climate inside. Only when you are in control can you coordinate a controlled program of managed inputs where all the components work together.

Case in point; CO2 supplementation is a common enough practice, but if you don't keep your humidity in the right range- near 70% at 80 f- then the plant will be too busy trying to maintain its internal balance to take advantage of the additional co2. If the grower also doesn't increase his ec, the plants will be unable to draw up enough nutrient to support the additional growth, and again, it stalls.

A well sealed, CONTROLLED room is really an essential foundation for any deliberate, repeatable growing style.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ghost....hope I didn't come off like a dick in that reply. Anyway, when I first started growing I was taught to exhaust my room. Needless to say I spent a LOT of time doing my best to create the RIGHT environment for my plants, because in the end that's ONE of the major components to a successful run. After a miserable first run, I took a step back and did a LOT of research on all the forums, eventually finding my way here. I took a look at the most successful rooms, and they were ALL sealed.

What can you do to seal your room? Simple things really....like the insulated outlet covers, a threshold on your door with a door sweep, door seals (I can't remember the proper name), so on and so forth. Also how you cool your room plays a MAJOR factor. Mini splits and window units do not have an AIR exchange. Most portable AC's vent air outside the are being cooled....but not all of them.

Hope this helps answer your question.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

One of the things I have found very helpful is Seal and Peel, it's called Draft Stop and a bunch of other names. It comes in a calking tube and is clear, it can be applied and than removed anytime after it dries. Comes off like a big long piece of elastic and leaves no residue behind. Duct tape drys out over time so I use the red construction tape it holds forever. I also use both high and low expanding foam to fill in gaps also. I also use extruded foam that comes in rolls for contractors to fill in around windows and such. It comes in 1/2" and up sizes and is cheap. I use a lot of the none destructive sealing ideas as clients don't like you messing with their homes in my experiences.

rawman

rawman

Gorilla tape, ducting tape aluminum tape, liquid nails sealing the boards, expansive foam around the floor and door seal.... N insulation between the wall in room.... Plus reflectix also acts as an insulation, then go across seams with the foil ducting tape.

Top Bottom