Best soil

• Thread starter aphid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aphid

Since I am a diehard hydro person I know nothing of soil. What is the best soil for keeping moms healthy? Thanks in advance.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Fox Farms Ocean Forest with chunky perlite and your favorite vegging nutes: Will keep a momma alive, happy and producing lots of strong clones for years.

Guy at my hydro shop mentioned Canna veg nutes are great for the growth cycle. I like Home and Garden's full line myself... Both lines aren't far off. But H&G flowers really well.

fatboi79

fatboi79

hey hellmutt the guy at my local hydro store suggested the ocean forest as well, said it will be good for my mothers but how long do you just feed with plain water before you start adding your nutes?? the hygro guy said dont feed till about 3-4 weeks cause the soil is real hot!! sunday was my third week for the mother plants and the runoff is reading 1600 ppm!! i have no nute burns at all, i mean these bitches are beautiful and i dont wanna fuck them up,im a die hard hydro person just like aphid, any advice would be appreciated!!!!

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Yeah FFoF is well stacked from the get go. A month is good period to wait till you feed. As you said if your moms look great then don't change anything right now. Wait just a little longer while you top/train etc. The plants will tell you when they need food... They tell you everything really.

And put in fresh soil every 6 months and trim the roots. You'll have them around for a while. I had a GDP mom for almost 3 yrs this way. It was perfectly healthy when I had to take it down due to a move... bummer. :)

hubcap

hubcap

i love foxfarms ocean forest
i love earthworm castings
i love fish emulsion
i love kelp extract
i love peruvian seabird guano
i love perlite
i love water

:)
-cap

D

DrGreenLean

Hey man!

Just thought I'd pass by and say that I'm a fan of Bio Bizz All-Mix... Goes hand in hand with the nutes too. Worked great for me on my first grow. I know it was my first but hey... Can't be bad to give a noob like myself a result on harvest day!

DrGL

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

If you want a really easy way with soil. Foxfarms is great. I have used a recipe that will bust out the clones if you want many of them quick.

1 bag Ocean Forest
1 bag Light Warrior
1 bag or the reddish brown bag of Happy Frog Potting soil
1/2 bag of Big and Chunky Perlite
1 cup of Piece of Mind Starter
1 cup of Piece of Mind Fruit and Flower

I use this recipe for many things. I keep a 50 gallon barrel full. Every time I make it I pour about 4 gallons of Kelp water on it and let it sit. This way it helps with the microbes get there groove on.
This is also a water only recipe. Good for 6 weeks, at 6 weeks either transplant to a larger container or add about 3 inches of the soil on top and water. That will be good for another 4-6 weeks, depending on the strain.
Clones with mass amount of roots work best. It is warm/hot mix. Or plants that are a little rootbound do great also.

P

paulycali

NORTH COUNTY BOUNTY! KILLER STUFF "No Nutrients needed"

SCIENTIFIC SOILS! KILLER STUFF "No Nutrients needed"

FOX FARM OCEAN FOREST! KILLER STUFF "No Nutrients Needed"

All those soils are just add water. No nutrients until flowering and you wont be flowering. So go with one of those so its less maintenance.

Good Luck Man!

Y

yoda420

best soil would be to make your own. 1/3 peat moss 1/3 perlite 1/3 vermiculite

P

paulycali

What about humic and fulvic acid as well as castings ect

Mud Man

Mud Man

i love foxfarms ocean forest
i love earthworm castings
i love fish emulsion