Best Strain In Colorado?? Still The Kush? Chem?

• Thread starter miko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
miko

miko

Just curious what you think is the best strain currently going around?

I know in CAL the CHEM DOG and GSC are very popular.
Any thoughts on whats on the plate in CO currently?

I am passing through there soon and wanted to get some information going before hand.

Peace~

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

I am passing through there soon and wanted to get some information going before hand.

Peace~
Pretty much the same bro with a bunch of high cbd hyped strains. Probably not worth your time.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Peace~
OG is what's hot out here.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Doesn't matter the strain. If it's high quality it's in demand.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Doesn't matter the strain. If it's high quality it's in demand.

You would think so, eh?
I've taken killer sativa to dispensaries on a few different occasions. I'm talking 4 hr high sativa.
There is at least one person on this site that can vouch for it(sorry, don't network much) but the smoke is top notch.
Anyway, long story short I couldn't give it away down in the city.
Sorry man, got any OG? :banghead:
Anything loud? :banghead:

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
You would think so, eh?
I've taken killer sativa to dispensaries on a few different occasions. I'm talking 4 hr high sativa.
There is at least one person on this site that can vouch for it(sorry, don't network much) but the smoke is top notch.
In Colorado or Cali?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
You would think so, eh?

We can't legally vend to the clubs here in CO, so my perception comes from the unregulated markets.

But I feel your pain regarding sativas though- they just don't get the respect they deserve in most markets, but usually that is a factor of quality. Not many folks grow sativa around here- even fewer grow them well.

"Loud pack" and the OG/Chem dominance comes from the magazine culture telling stoners what to think. Yes I love OG/Chem/Diesel but IMO those genetics have led to a boring homogenization of what the experience of "being high" even feels like. I don't just want variety in flavor- I want variety of experience.

When I want an OG high nothing compares- but when I want a tropical sativa high, OG doesn't come close.

Last edited:
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

We can't legally vend to the clubs here in CO, so my perception comes from the unregulated markets.

But I feel your pain regarding sativas though- they just don't get the respect they deserve in most markets, but usually that is a factor of quality. Not many folks grow sativa around here- even fewer grow them well.

"Loud pack" and the OG/Chem dominance comes from the magazine culture telling stoners what to think. Yes I love OG/Chem/Diesel but IMO those genetics have led to a boring homogenization of what the experience of "being high" even feels like. I don't just want variety in flavor- I want variety of experience.

When I want an OG high nothing compares- but when I want a tropical sativa high, OG doesn't come close.

quality is definitely not a factor, anybody that smokes it wants it. lasts 4 hrs

100% agree with the magazine culture/music culture thing. I have had zero problems with the same place taking cookies or OG's so it kind of proves what you said.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Ive found the problem with people like "us" refering to the folks on the farm, is that we are light years beyond what most people can even grasp in a normal context. GSC, Sour D, OG, Kush, White Widow, Maui Wowie are some strain names off the top of my head that most everyone who smokes pretty frequently has heard of and whatever, but when you get into the type of strains were talking about and the knowledge on cannabis that we have, its no wonder we get pissed off at everyone who just smokes to get high. My brother smokes as much as i do, but does he give a fuck at all about what it looks like, the smell, the trichomes, the cure, no, he couldnt tell the difference between strains unless its like some kill grown sour d, but give him sourd and Chemdog hes clueless. And honestly all the dispenseries ive been to, whihc is very few i may add, have been down right wankers about cannabis. So trying to sell them some sativas probly will never happen, because to many folks have fucked them up, and no one buys them. Unfortu naley even amazing sativas tend to not look that great, but that being said if you spend that much time on these plants why not keep them for your head, or save them for folks you know will appreciate a good head high.

miko

miko

So something like gsc or OG is still bound to be very high demand it sounds like...
I have some barney lsd I am hoping might be a hit...

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I grew some Barneys LSD, pretty good smoke.
Almost no stretch on phenos I ran.

miko

miko

I grew some Barneys LSD, pretty good smoke.
Almost no stretch on phenos I ran.
Didn't really notice the no stretch thing until you mentioned it.. you are right, I am not yet seeing much stretch right now either.
My BOG stuff seems to double in height and in width. :) BOG is really nice , stout, strong, nice buds.

I guess my search is just in seeing if there is anything a bit frostier, larger, denser, etc.. that I could do in a larger scale - meaning easy to clone too, easy to feed, etc..
I hear a lot about CHEM and OG KUSH, but never had it, seems the flower time might be a lot longer and that puts me off..

Top Bottom