Best STRAIN in UC

• Thread starter COCOAKUSHXBLUE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
COCOAKUSHXBLUE

COCOAKUSHXBLUE

Since my ceilings are low 7ft i cant do alot of strains...been trying to experiment with many differ strains but cant find a keeper....anyone know of a good indica dom strain thats a heavy yielder 15% thc or higher and short to medium growth that responds well in the uc....Let me know what you guys got or know of!
STRAINS iv tried

Chocolope- which was a nice short bush with good internode stacking
Cotton candy- stretch like a mofo but filled in later flowering but had to tie everthing down
Sssdh- was a medium height mix but wasnt a good yielder but good smoke
Dutch passion blueberry- things are hugee but get 2 big for my 7 foot ceilings :(
Going to try la confidental x cheese next with short veg...

G

GeneticFreak

Some Bubba's can throw some heavy yields. I think this is a question you have to find out by trial and error. Because your question really leads to more questions. Like what your skill level is? Co2? Whats a heavy yield to you may not be for the next farmer. Are you looking for a cash crop or personal meds? Will be interesting to hear some responses though.
Im running gsc cherry pie cut for the first time in the UC. I'm hoping for quality meds and some dense tasty nugs.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I just finished a grow of SinCitySeeds NightFire OG and this is a keeper, it's very hard to get into my garden as I have been growing for over 40 years and have been a med mm user for 5 years. I have a huge seed collection because I have had so many so so seeds from the prows that never lived up to their hype. I have no problems recommending SinCitySeeds Gear at all. Check out my last grow I chopped 1 week ago on the SinCitySeeds thread here or my on going thread the $6500 dollar experiment. Here are some pix for you to look at while you make up your mind.

In all my years I have only recommended a total of 3 seed producers.

Peace

IMGP9485
IMGP9486
IMGP9495
IMGP9499
IMGP9507

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I top my plant almost all the time and that makes for a more even canopy but there is always 4 or 5 that get bigger and I just crush the stalk and bend them over to keep the canopy even. These girls ^^^^^^ would be about 6 feet if I did not bend them over. I have 9 plants in this room and you can see 6 in the shot. Some of these plants will yield over 1 pound each and as high as 1 3/4 when the gods smile on me, not often enough though, lol. Most are just over 1 lb at 9 weeks.

IMGP9456
IMGP9459
IMGP9467
IMGP9478
IMGP9479

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I ran a taskenti from cannabiogen that was a monster. Blew up HARD. It filled the 27 gallon bucket with roots in 3 weeks. Leafy though, but ridiculous. I think it would be better as an afghani taskenti hybrid to get some of the frekin' leaf out of the genetic but it's unmatched as far as vigor from what I've seen.

I've got 7ft ceilings too but everything seems to pull out as hard as it does up. I'm running liquid cooled vert bulbs though.

Strains I've run:
Federation's Island Sweet Skunk (great, pulls hard, big yield, potent buds)
Afropips Malawi Gold (branchy like an apple tree, hermied, not great genetics)
my cross of THC labs Red Columbian X Jordan of the isles Afghani (great, my favorite)
G13 (superb, huge yield and potent, blew up pretty hard)
sweet tooth X sweet skunk (decent)

I have a sweet sweet red columbian afghani pheno (another personal hybrid) a buddy popped that has the classic "donkey dick" afghanica/kush hybrid stature that I'll be trying next run.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I recall growing a (big bud X mikado) X skunk #1 = big mac skunk that was ridiculous as well. This was way back before UC hit the market, when you had to make your own equipment for dwc. I pulled 6oz out of a stand alone 5 gallon bucket with this strain. It would drink a gallon of water a day when it was pulling hard. The mikado strain disappeared when federation went under and I thought I would not be able to recreate it but it seems to have surfaced back up again through some people who kept the mikado going.

I prefer to grow plants that are a bit bushy, have good natural stalk and branches, nugs on the more dense side, potent, and most importantly smell like a dream. This usually ends up being an afghanica hybrid of some sort. Many strains that will grow lanky in dirt tend to bush out in a UC so don't write them off. I have run some mostly sativa hybrids that were a bit lanky in dirt and killed it in the UC, good example is the island sweet skunk.

Phenotype selection is just as important as the strain you choose. Any time I pop a new bag of seeds I make sure to keep the males and hybridize with all of my cuttings in an open pollination. You will typically need to pop 5x more seeds to find a keeper pheno out of a hybrid but you'll end up with something special and unique. The recessive traits come out. This is also a good way to keep a strain around as you never know when it's going to disappear or never become available on the market again. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not hybridizing the bic mac skunk or federation's celestial temple sativa.

What type of cycle time are you looking for as well? 55 day? 75 day?

ri420patient

ri420patient

I'm running some Cinderella 99 right now seems perfect so far I have a few others in there as well but the Cindy is short and dense I'm gonna run all them next run

Latest posts

Top Bottom