Best temps/humidity for drying ?

• Thread starter MrGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGood

MrGood

Hey farmers!

Just a quick questions as to what is ideal temp and humidity for drying? This is my first attempt drying and I’d like to make sure I go at it the right way. With that being said I just chopped down my beauty and clipped her into pieces to hang inside the same tent I veg/bloomed.
Thanks

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
My method is hang in the tent at 68-70 degrees at 55% rh for a few days until the outsides feel dry. Then into paper bags at 60-65% rh for about 10 more days, shaken once a day until the smaller stems cleanly snap from the main one, no "strings"

Then into jars and burped once a week for 2 more weeks. After that they can stay closed indefinitely.

Takes about 1 month from chop to great smoke although it's totally smokeable after 2 weeks when it goes into the jars.

I built a bin with a fan and rh controller to maintain that 65% and it has been a game changer 👍

MrGood

MrGood

My method is hang in the tent at 68-70 degrees at 55% rh for a few days until the outsides feel dry. Then into paper bags at 60-65% rh for about 10 more days, shaken once a day until the smaller stems cleanly snap from the main one, no "strings"

Then into jars and burped once a week for 2 more weeks. After that they can stay closed indefinitely.

Takes about 1 month from chop to great smoke although it's totally smokeable after 2 weeks when it goes into the jars.

I built a bin with a fan and rh controller to maintain that 65% and it has been a game changer 👍

Thank you! I appreciate you 🤝🙌

just curious as to what does the paper bag do?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

It slows down the loss of moisture to the surrounding air acting like a buffer. Because it's slightly porous the exchange happens at a much slower rate, first filling the bag, then equalizing with the surrounding air.

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
20201212 211457
20201215 163043
20201215 163227
20201216 204752
20201216 232126
20201216 204155

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Forgot to mention in the beginning you need a little digital rh display to put in the jar until you get the hang of it. When it's time to jar I like my flowers to be reading from 62-64%. The goal for me is to burp them down to 60%.

Some peeps use the boveda packs and that sounds cool but I've never tried them.

growsince79

growsince79

+ 1 Perfect buds every time.

Cloudytrichs

Cloudytrichs

I have a drying delema. I'm in S.E. Fl., we're having a hot and near 100%rh. Uncommon for here. The problem is that I harvested 8days ago,put them in a small closet,I put dehumidifier products in but I'm still at 70%rh 76 degrees F. Today I ordered an electric dehumidifier which will be here tomorrow (ya gotta love Amazon at times). Anyway does anyone think bringing down rh quickly will hurt or help? Thanks in advance.

MrGood

MrGood

I have a drying delema. I'm in S.E. Fl., we're having a hot and near 100%rh. Uncommon for here. The problem is that I harvested 8days ago,put them in a small closet,I put dehumidifier products in but I'm still at 70%rh 76 degrees F. Today I ordered an electric dehumidifier which will be here tomorrow (ya gotta love Amazon at times). Anyway does anyone think bringing down rh quickly will hurt or help? Thanks in advance.
I don’t think it’ll hurt if you drop it quickly as long as it’s in the range of 60%-65% and temp wise as well.
Maybe the location you have your buds is naturally warm? Do you possibly have a cooler location in the house? Again this IMO

Panhead59

Panhead59

I don’t think it’ll hurt if you drop it quickly as long as it’s in the range of 60%-65% and temp wise as well.
Maybe the location you have your buds is naturally warm? Do you possibly have a cooler location in the house? Again this IMO
Do u leave the bags slightly open for air exchange or close the bag tight ? Tks.

Top Bottom