Best Time To Top?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kurly

Kurly

Just a guess but I would want to assume that if it was a hot, dry, and sunny day the wound from cut would heal, or at least close itself faster than if it was moist and or raining. I am interested to see what everyone has to say here. I usually top in the morning and not always, but if possible i like to do it the day after feeding.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

I set my clones up to be prettopped since i mainline. But early afternoon for the plants is when i top normally. Just works out that way for me . No reason or rhyme. ...kinda. I topped a plant yesterday at that time and it littlerally spilt out water drips unto my hand . Watered just before lights on. Shit was flowing ! These i just brang out of the fridge they been in for 45 days. I dont really worry about how much nutes at the time myself. i notice that branches for me tend to root faster too being thier in shock kinda i guess from thier little head takin off. lol. IDK. These will have 8 tops before outta the cups pretty much . I'm slightly aggresive though. lol.
Good quetsions though !
Pretopped

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

The reason i started doing this is i was getting way to weak of branches with one strain just with four tops . Starting these in rockwool too before dirt i get stronger tops overall. So this way i do 8 stronger tops. still can get a low one cola branch though at times. your mileage may vary .

Madbud

Madbud

Just a guess but I would want to assume that if it was a hot, dry, and sunny day the wound from cut would heal, or at least close itself faster than if it was moist and or raining. I am interested to see what everyone has to say here. I usually top in the morning and not always, but if possible i like to do it the day after feeding.
I could top one side in daylight and then the other side at night on the same plant

Madbud

Madbud

I set my clones up to be prettopped since i mainline. But early afternoon for the plants is when i top normally. Just works out that way for me . No reason or rhyme. ...kinda. I topped a plant yesterday at that time and it littlerally spilt out water drips unto my hand . Watered just before lights on. Shit was flowing ! These i just brang out of the fridge they been in for 45 days. I dont really worry about how much nutes at the time myself. i notice that branches for me tend to root faster too being thier in shock kinda i guess from thier little head takin off. lol. IDK. These will have 8 tops before outta the cups pretty much . I'm slightly aggresive though. lol.
Good quetsions though !
View attachment 798147
Ok, this is new to me, whats the wrapper? And you refrigerate clones?

P

Player0685

Any theories, science or legends on what time to top, night or day, sunny or raining, nutes or no nutes?
Topping is the reason I plant so early in Feb for outdoor growing. My plants usually get topped before morning feeding just so th have lots of good stuff to heal during first day of being hammered on nutes, light, love. The plants I just out out have been topped several times a few with well over 50 plus majn tops. Should produce some nice smoke and hopefully decent quantity and quality. Good luck with grow hope it goes great for ya don't over think it usually causes problemsM

IMG 0801
diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Ok, this is new to me, whats the wrapper? And you refrigerate clones?
The wrapper is paper towel soaked with colloidal silver and water. This wont flip a clone done like this. Silver is only on the towel to combat mold or pm. The cuts green up if they were not all ready too . Every week or so i remove the water driplets in the bag so the leafs dont get all messed up. Refrigerating puts them in stasis . Clones can be refridurated "murdered that spelling " for a couple months if need be. The reason i put in fridge to is timing. Plus all my grow areas are in bud , no veg except under t-5 for cloning. I'm trying to load up before the heat comes to wa.
The one strain i do this too helps me because its a very viney and compact growing when young. Maybe even catagorized as hairy when cloned the normal way. . lol. This helps alot !
IMG 2028

Looks like waterin time .lol. Later....................

below frigid

below frigid

Quit topping years ago for my outdoor plants. If you are going to do it I really don't think it matters that much when you do it . I would wait until they are atleast a couple of months old.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I mainline at about 8 in and top whenever I please . Feed before and after .

H

heisen

Quit topping years ago for my outdoor plants. If you are going to do it I really don't think it matters that much when you do it . I would wait until they are atleast a couple of months old.
Yeah outdoors you have 2 miles of ceiling height and unlimited light.the entire purpose of topping is to get the plant spread out under an even canopy.topping doesn't even apply to outdoor plants

gwheels

gwheels

I will have a couple of white rhinos outside and i like to keep stuff below the fence line. I will top them until i hit 50 to 60 sites and let it go after that. Maybe i should just let it grow but i did top a kushy kush last year to get 8 solid buds from it that were all pretty equal in size. It worked out pretty good compared to the one i left alone on the deck. I will have a 3 month veg if they start budding late august to September. They are just babies now but they are alive and thriving. :D

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Yeah outdoors you have 2 miles of ceiling height and unlimited light.the entire purpose of topping is to get the plant spread out under an even canopy.topping doesn't even apply to outdoor plants
Down here in the Bible Belt we mainline and top. Even bend over to grow along the ground for fear of prying eyes . We still have choppers here mate

Top Bottom