Best Time To Trim Marijuana?

• Thread starter OrganicPro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OrganicPro

when is the best time to trim the weed? Fresh as soon as you cut it? Or is it better to wait until it's fully dry. I've heard both sides and some say to NOT trim when wet because of something with the chlorophyll. I'd like to ask you guys, and see what y'all think.

Dunge

Dunge

You are asking a question that has brought this forum to a furry of absolute positions.
Many passionate farmers who attempt to deeply understand their plants have come down on both sides of this question. And once down, they seem to become more convinced of their stance.

I don't think it matters a fig.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I cut off anything that doesn't have visible trichs appearing. Then hung in branches. After drying for 10 or so days it gets trimmed then put into turkey bags and then dried with it open for another few days up to a week. Then the jars and burping, another week or two... It just depends on your style. Giving a longer dry gives a more quality product with more terp preservation.
But yes do both for your own preference. What works for some doesn't work for others.

O

OrganicPro

Does anybody know the actual science behind it? Would love to hear from u science guys

fatawa

fatawa

I can only speak on wat i do.im same as mirrorzen n most ways.i cut branches,hang for 7-14days(depending on temp/rh)and i jar after.no turkey bags for me(but they do wrk very well)burp everyday for hr or so(again depending on feel of buds/size)n 2-3wks primo....if its yur first run grab sum humidpaks to ensure rh n jar.once u do it a few times succesfully u kno wat yur looking for.but as far as science...im a doer not a thinker but curing is def the differnce between top shelf....n good weed.but 1st trim shud b fan leaves like zen said w/no trichs,let dry by hanging,2nd trim is for edibles.

H

hawkman

I can only speak on wat i do.im same as mirrorzen n most ways.i cut branches,hang for 7-14days(depending on temp/rh)and i jar after.no turkey bags for me(but they do wrk very well)burp everyday for hr or so(again depending on feel of buds/size)n 2-3wks primo....if its yur first run grab sum humidpaks to ensure rh n jar.once u do it a few times succesfully u kno wat yur looking for.but as far as science...im a doer not a thinker but curing is def the differnce between top shelf....n good weed.but 1st trim shud b fan leaves like zen said w/no trichs,let dry by hanging,2nd trim is for edibles.
Don't use humity packs (boveda, ect) they take the terpene's and essential oils out of the product - do a side by side cure and then you will know what i mean -

fatawa

fatawa

Don't use humity packs (boveda, ect) they take the terpene's and essential oils out of the product - do a side by side cure and then you will know what i mean -
cant say i hav brother.i used them 2rips yrs ago.n made sure to pay attention n feel things.i def go without for yrs now.i will say get the lower rh packs if u choose this.50ish rh packs r better.but i can understand what yur saying bout terps/oils..they r more of guidlines for noobs imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom