Best Time To Use Hps400w

• Thread starter artcore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

artcore

I have always done my grows from beginning to the end with one hps400w but I think this was a waste of electricity so now I'm using a hps250w but the idea is to use the hps400w during 5 weeks of each grow...

What is the best time to use the hps400w?... in the last five weeks of flowering?... in the first 5 weeks of flowering? (Critical Royal Queen Seeds - 8 weeks strain)

Mr.X

Mr.X

Get a MH conversion bulb for vegetative if yer lamp doesnt just run both. Or you could veg under fluorescents. The spectrum in HPS bulbs causes plants to stretch a bit and the longer internode space doesn't let the buds develop into thicker denser colas. However for flowering they R theeee SHIT, promoting more profuse flowering and increased resin glands, AKA: trichomes !!!!! Yummy. Best of luck 2u .

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

You should veg under a 2 bulb T5. Then flower under the 400. Your really not using but 15-20 bucks extra a month on the bill. Not even a bleep on the radar.

A

artcore

The plants that are now under the hps250w (critical royal queen seeds) were germinated and maintained for two weeks under a cfl dual 125W before moved to the hps250w and the idea was to use the hps400w for 5 weeks to increase the yield while saving electricity.

To increase the yield what is the best time to use the hps400w?... in the last five weeks of flowering?... in the first 5 weeks of flowering? (8 weeks strain)

I'm trying to start a perpetual grow and I have set up a new cab to keep 4 mothers and to root/veg 16 clones with two T5 24w 60cm, the veg cab is small so I will create bonsai mums in 3 liters pots (OT1 Guide To Bonsai Mums), already have 3 Northern Light sensi seeds, 3 Bubble Gum THSeeds and 3 Pain Killer Dr. underground germinated 2 days ago with the two T5 24w, of every 3 will choose a mum.

My doubts are now on the growth speed under two T5 24w 60cm, to maintain the perpetual grow is necessary that each mum give 5/6 cuts every 5 weeks... can I get 5/6 cuts every 5 weeks with two T5 24w 60cm? I am thinking of joining another T5 24w 60cm but if two were enough for my needs I do not need to spend money on another.

Top Bottom