Best Up Sativa high... what Plant

• Thread starter Sativus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sativus

I love indacas for there personality, and the way they grow and smell but the high is not always for me... Livinging in Southern Ontario all the Bud I get is indica mostly.. I would love to grow some super Sativa that will give me that perma grin and make things fun... Any recommendations?

B

BayAreasFinest

I just got 50 durban poison seeds from a good friend of mine from Mendo. Said they are they are considered 100% sativa. I think imma do a hardcore SCROG with them. That might be my first diary here.

B

BayAreasFinest

Also I grew some Super Skunk as one of my first grows kept it around for awhile cuz of how much I loved the Smoke. Super Sativa. I really wanna try the SSSDH they have here.

R

Rolln J

I just got 50 durban poison seeds from a good friend of mine from Mendo. Said they are they are considered 100% sativa. I think imma do a hardcore SCROG with them. That might be my first diary here.

NICE - how ironic because my answer was gonna be durban poison... one of my all time favs!

S

Sativus

I was hoping to cash in on some old school seeds they advertised in high times, I have been out of growing for some time now and have lost track of all the names and strains, and what they mean. Columbian Gold, Panama Red. Highland Nepalese, Vietnamese Black, Chocolate Thai, These would be cool just to have and to collect. However I am sure there must be a strain that captures the best of these, might it be bohdi? Or perhaps, Congo Pointe Noire, I am so confused, I just don't want Couch lock or to fall asleep

S

Sativus

Definately putting Durban Poison on the list then, I have a unique opertuinity to do my thing and I want to make the best of it during the winter months, I appreciate the input alot, much thanks. Anyone with more input is welcome

E

Eggman

Hi and welcome to the farm Sativus. If I had just a few of the seeds that I threw away from the strains that you mentioned I and LOTS of other folks would be very happy.
Almost inpossible to find the real deal this late in the game.
Almost, most of us old folks are still looking!
Worthy goal IMO.
You might check out the Connoisseur Genetics forum and check out the SSSDH threads located there.
I believe the SSSDH to be a strong representation of what you are asking for.
Good luck.
Eggman

M

mr. haze420

nevil's haze is the most sativa, any of the other mr. nice haze crosses. u will find a real winner

S

Sativus

Just picked up some Wild West this morning, hgopefully it works out well I will update with pics and so on as time progresses

ISeemToBeAVerb

ISeemToBeAVerb

If you're looking for a Chocolate Thai I'd recommend checking out DNA's Chocolope (Chocolate Thai female x Cannalope male).

DJ Short worked many of the old school strains into his modern hybrids. F-13 and Flo are highly praised.

Reeferman also has some killer Sativa strains to choose from. You can find his strains here or at Hemp Depot.

Personally, one of my favorites is Kali Mist by Serious seeds. You can also find this sold as Western Winds from Sagarmatha.

-Verb

S

Sativus

Wow thats great feedback folks, I am stoked, just getting my shit together and I will be on my way.

Once again thanks people, I am gonna need all the help I can get. I am building a Aeroponics setup for these girls hoping it cracks up to be a good thing.

P

Pocus

mrnice Mango Haze..now a classic but she's an electric lady to play with :)

the Sweet Skunk cut is also to take in consideration while searching for a good sativa imo.

S

solarz

^^i'm still trying to get my hands on the REAL B.S. Sweet Skunk cut. I've heard too many stories of crossings and such happening with the ISS.

solarz

S

Sativus

I want to find some pure Sativa Male Genes to cross with what I have, is there such thing as a source for trading such things?

P

Pocus

solarz, it's around bro..strong and alive :) not the easiest clone to get but you know it's all about the good connection.

Pocus

S

solarz

I know (thru a friend) a cat who has a cut that i wouldn't mind getting my hands on (i've smoked the product), but he's a MAJOR tight ass when it comes to it (as well as other things). So around my way...its pretty scarce...or maybe i'm just not connected enough. LOL

solarz

H

HIBUSHDOCTA

chocolope and amnesia haze from the 20th cannabis cup were pretty good for me. i actually made some seeds from this cross. i popped 10 and they were really strong.both strains have thai in it. i wish i never lost those seeds.

S

Sativus

IMO, and prolly th same as others, I think growers, breeders, and weekend warrior types, should cross, but at the same time only once, and keep some seed. The art of growing should impar be preserving the genetics. I for one will do this, it took me alot of years to realize alot of good genes have been crossed and nothing really is how it was. Thats not to say its better :). Have you known a car enthusiast? And gone to a car show? Saw all the old cars and thought thats cool... I wouldnt drive it but it is sure nice to look at... :)

M

MorganFreeman

Sativus:

a bit of advice on "which strain for me," type thread I highly recomend you have some specifics of what your looking for. There is a wide variety in the "sativa" genepool with a widerange of effects, also what smokers consider "sativa" from a bag of nugs is highly subjective and based off of stereotypes quite often. posting what you want as far as flowering time is a good idea as well.

The sativas that people tend to list as top sativas are as follows: Super silver haze, C99, Kali mist, jack herrer, haze, flo, f13, super silver diesel haze, afghan haze, mango haze, mexican haze, love potion, titans haze, nl5xhaze, sweet skunk, colombian gold, punta roja, colombian black, thai, oaxacan gold, acapulco gold, zamal, highland nepalese, malawi gold, panama red, satori, highland mexican.

I think its a safe bet to get something from that list and be satisfied.
also for landraces check reeferman, Ace seeds, and the real seed company.

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
satori's nice..........and reefs has some nice sats.......shamus

Top Bottom