Best use of space and material?

• Thread starter Carson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Carson

I am going to convert a new 10 light (horizontal air cooled 1000 hps reflectors) room, to a 13 light, 8 plant vertical light room. Three 1000 watt hps cool tubes will be added, and the horizontal lights will be mounted vertical as side lighting. The room is @ 11'6" x 18' 6".

D = horizontal mounted vertical
O = cool tube
X = plant

proposed set up

---D
D X X D
---O
D X X D
---O
D X X D
---O
D X X D
---D

Each individual plant res. will be the 27 gal with a 6 inch net pot with hydroton, 2 12 in air stones, no rockwool cube. The system will be split as 2, 4 plant systems. They will share an air pump

Each 4 plant system: 1/4 hp chiller, 1056 gph pump for chiller, 1600 gph pump for RDWC, 235 gph pump for drippers. 70 gal res.

Thanks for looking, and any comments are welcome. I am a medical patient with a limit of 12 plants. I am doing the change over this week.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

View attachment 68886
Is this what you have in mind?

The reflectors on each end that are lighting two plants maybe a problem assuming the reflector has 90 degrees of coverage it will need to be pulled back to cover both plants and that will reduce the light intensity and it’s all about the light. So it may be better to have them closer and not cover both plants totally. My 2 cents.
:icon_spin:

N

noone88

For the people that are adventurous, try lighting up all the sides with adjust a wings. A standard hooded reflector's light dispersion is too narrow.

Apache69

Apache69

For the people that are adventurous, try lighting up all the sides with adjust a wings. A standard hooded reflector's light dispersion is too narrow.

Do you have any pics to share?

N

noone88

Nah, I don't have it set up that way. I'm not that adventurous!

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

A standard hooded reflector's light dispersion is too narrow.

What are the angles of light dispersion of a standard hood and why is it too narrow for vertical use? Better yet, what is a standard hood?

I ask because there doesn't seem to be much in the way of specifications out there. The few fixtures I've measured are approximately 90* x 90* and they output twice the light as a bare lamp does.

C

Carson

View attachment 68886
Is this what you have in mind?

The reflectors on each end that are lighting two plants maybe a problem assuming the reflector has 90 degrees of coverage it will need to be pulled back to cover both plants and that will reduce the light intensity and it’s all about the light. So it may be better to have them closer and not cover both plants totally. My 2 cents.

Way cool, that is exactly it. Thanks. :sun

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

View attachment 69402
The distance from your reflector lights to your plants is probably going to be more than the normal 28". I’ve measured twice the lumens when using some reflectors. If you can measure the light and adjust the distance to match the other lights that would be a good way to go.

C

Carson

Ok, so I got tired and lazy. This is how it is now. I left the 10 horizontal lights horizontal. ans added the 3 vertical cool tubes. I have 2 12,000 btu ac units and am adding a water cooled co2 unit. I am running the tubs 2 to a 4x6 flood table 2 flood tables per res. I think i will set it up correct next run, and use the best performing girl for the whole room. 12 plants 13 cool tubes next time.

J= jack herer
L= lemon skunk
C= critical mass
M= mango
v= vertical cool tube 1000
h= horizontal sealed air cooled 1000

h-j-h-j-h-m-h-m-h
----v---v---v-----
h-c-h-l-h-m-h-m-h

46" center

C

Carson

They have been in veg for almost 2 weeks. Looking good. Explosive growth rate.

The main problem I am having is my pump filter bags for the chiller pumps are stopping up with sediment, and no flow. Then temps in the res go up. I am trying to combat this by putting filter bags over my 4" drains. (I do have screens for the drains already).

I will post my findings later.

Thanks DD's for a cool turbo system.

C

Carson

I have added 24,000 btu's of cooling outside the room for cooling the lights, now that mother nature's cooling has turned off.

J

JoE_AnTiX77

nice setup bro .. cant wait to see it rollin .. keep up the good work

C

Carson

due to infiltration by rogue male plants we are 4 Jack on ond end, Mango my god lit by 2 vertical and 4 horizontal 1000, and a critical massive lit by 1 vertical and 4 horizontal.

Top Bottom