Best use of space?

• Thread starter IceManTX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IceManTX

Currently, I have roughly a 3x3 area with about 4' of height (after subtracting the height the lamp requires). Due to the layout I usually do (8) 3 gal growbags (two rows of 4). And these bags are side by side touching. I'm on a 9-10 week rotation with White Widow and these 8 girls yield me about 1.5oz per plant each go round, so roughly 12oz total after curing.

Trying to increase yield (aren't we all). I'm very interested in the SCROG method but am fairly certain I don't have the space to do 8 girls that way? So my question is this:

Would I yield better if I sacrifice a couple of plants and do 6 or even fewer in a SCROG? Or am I getting about the same by cramming these 8 and letting them go vertical? I am topping them several times in veg to get more tips per plant.

Thanks for any insight.

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Great question, I am wondering the same thing as well. Hopefully an experienced farmer will chime in.

H

Highlander

Currently, I have roughly a 3x3 area with about 4' of height (after subtracting the height the lamp requires). Due to the layout I usually do (8) 3 gal growbags (two rows of 4). And these bags are side by side touching. I'm on a 9-10 week rotation with White Widow and these 8 girls yield me about 1.5oz per plant each go round, so roughly 12oz total after curing.

Trying to increase yield (aren't we all). I'm very interested in the SCROG method but am fairly certain I don't have the space to do 8 girls that way? So my question is this:

Would I yield better if I sacrifice a couple of plants and do 6 or even fewer in a SCROG? Or am I getting about the same by cramming these 8 and letting them go vertical? I am topping them several times in veg to get more tips per plant.

Thanks for any insight.

Personally I have found going with a scrog style grow not only increases yield but 100% increases the quality of your total yield. Scrog should work Especially well for you with your size and height restrictions. In your smaller style scrog grow you will end up with a 3x3 area of mostly top prime nugs and you cut the under growth on the plant allowing for more air movement and less chances of mold, pm, etc... do research in LST'ing and SCROG method for more detailed info.

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

Oh i agree for sure, thats my plan after i saw a friend getting 2 Oz's a plant in his small cramped up space. Heck you should kick butt for sure my friend, but as stated, LST is a must when ya Scrog,

LSY

Dr.X

Dr.X

For me, the more plants the better yield. I'm mean yield per square feet not per plant. You can also use LST or Scrog to cover the entire growing area and keep the plants at the height that you want and create an even canopy that aloud a better use of the light you have.
You only need to tune the right timing to put the plants into flowering. Also more plants equal less vegging time.

That's only my opinion, maybe is not the right way to do it but is just the way that works better for me.;)

Top Bottom