best variety for vertical trellissing?

• Thread starter KaliTransplant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KaliTransplant

Hi all

I've been lurking in the shadows for long enough, figured it was time to take the plunge. Ok, background first...I am running a coliseum style vertical grow, shelves arranged in an oval pattern around 2 centrally placed light tubes, 3 600's in each.

-Using soil in 13 gallon tupperwares, 2 plants per tupperware

-Organic nutrient lineup, made by a local shop. compost tea, the worx.

-Currently running half blue dream, 1/4 ecsd and 1/4 headband (not sure which pheno, smells of diesel fuel, strong!), as well as some random indicas set on the floor around both tubes

-I put plants in tupperwares, run deer fencing in between the shelves and light tubes, wait for positive growth, then flip. All 3 varieties are flipped when they are around 18 inches tall and are trained into the trellising (imagine scrog netting, running floor to ceiling.

-total sq ft. of trellissing is approx. 254 sq ft. , lots of space to fill for the # of plants i can jam in there. \

-So.......... finally to my question. I love the growth characteristics of the HB. It is strechy and continues to strech till week 6 of flower, bd and sour stop around 4 or 5, and branch less as well. What other varieties would do as well or better, possibly, than the headband for strechyness. I can control my canopy by training anybody that streches back thru the netting, so i actually WANT something that most growers would deem too tricky to manage. I have access to a large store of genetics thru the medi scene, and am interested in particular in og varieties. Who has grown what, and what did you think? smell/taste/potency, finishing time, strech time/amount, etc. Also, clarification on the differences betwen the 2 headbands (707 and original) would be appreciated.

-Well, to anybody who's made it this far, thank you for your input and stay safe. im gonna go smoke. Peace

Top Bottom