Best Vertical, Open Fixture, Blue Bulb.

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

What have you guys found to be the best blue for vert grows? None of the horti blues are rated for open use...

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Cmh! About to hang some vertical for veg, here's a company that sells an Edison adapter so you can put the bulb in whatever fixture you want. Couldn't imagine vegging under blues again, I've switched all my veg spaces to these and saw the difference in hours.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Thanks WE, I didn't think the CMH were rated for open fixtures either.

It's not for vegging. It's for multispectrum use in conjunction with HPS.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Crist man if I coulda afforded cmh's I woulda grabbed em but when I priced them they were HIGHLY priced, I realize they may outperform horti blues but I am happy with what ive seen so far outa the horti blues. As for walts question I think I found one while searching for the conversion bulb yesterday let me see if I can find it again for ya. good thread man.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Thanks WE, I didn't think the CMH were rated for open fixtures either.

It's not for vegging. It's for multispectrum use in conjunction with HPS.

Phillips started making them with another glass sleeve over the bulb so they can be used open...grobal sells a complete fixture and I like those as well. I've been running the summit ones that aren't open-rated in econowings for a year with no problem though.

But yeah, if you're going for multispectrum with hps you'll probably want blues, since the cmh is alreafy multispectrum. Im gonna be dropping some cmh vertical between some rows in the next month or so I'll let you know how it works out

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@VERMONTSKUNKS the money that got saved in power this year (compared to 600s) covered 2/3 the cost of the lights. Its a big move up front but its so amazing not dealing with bulb changes and having a spectrum that plants absolutely rage under...plus being under warranty is awesome. Out of 150 units we had three ballasts go and two bulbs go, all replaced with no questions.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

HMMMM, if I can only fill two 3 x 3 x 7 tents would you still rec them? I was warned that they need to be a certain height, or is that those damn gavitas? Don't get me wrong, if a friendly farmer like you shows me I can afford a set-up im GONNA INVEST!

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

My mind is racing lmao! Let me find out im on to something I can finagle!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hahaha I'd definitely recommend them- they can be inches from the plants without burning and do just as good from a few feet away. The only thing I don't like about them is bud looks more like outdoor (a little more leaf) but the quality of the smoke is top notch and weight is definitely there. You'll do as well with a 315 as you would with a 600 for sure.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@We Solidarity have you ever talked to Flip?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Haha nah I've heard of cycloptics but never checked them out...there units are super well priced that's by far the cheapest Phillips/Phillips setup I've seen...only reason I think they're priced that way though is because they're hardwire, the summit units use Phillips bulbs and Phillips ballasts but they run a 120/220 extension

DapperDon

DapperDon

Not trying to be a dick, but why is this in the tree farming section?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@DapperDon someone growing trees wants to know about which blue bulbs are recommended for vert...

Top Bottom