Best way to attach a hose to a bucket?

• Thread starter KAL EL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KAL EL

KAL EL

I have been tinkering with the idea of building a new system.
I want to attach flexible tubing to some buckets. I used to just drill the hole and then glue a piece of rigid plastic tubing in and then sealing it. There must be an easier way. I like those uni seals, but I am not using pvc. Do they make bulkhead with tube attachments? I want to keep it simple as possible.

D

Dubsta

easiest way is to get the gromet for a waterfarm. Drill a whole, put the gromet in and stick a 1/2 barbed fitting threw it.

~dub

convex

convex

They do make barbed bulkhead fittings ...
Can also use uniseals and insert barbed fitting instead of PVC.

Cheers

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Future Harvest has a nice 11/4" barbed bulk head they I think they call a thru hull, might check it out.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

scroll down on this page till you see a male pvc adapter and a female pvc adapter to see the parts i'm talking about

http://www.foxelectricsupply.com/content/products/CategoryCatalog.asp?qscategoryId=24325

you will find them in the electrical section instead of the plumbing area
these have straight threads vs npt tapered threads so you can tighten them all the way up and they are still regular pvc only gray so you can use regular white pvc pipe and glues etc.

iirc it takes a 7/8 th's hole for a 3/4 in adapter, use one of those uni bits for a clean hole

while you are getting parts, get a tube of plumbers goop, the clear glue to put on the flanges of the adapters as you screw them together through the hole
give it a day to set up and you are good to go

for each bucket, also get a pvc coupler, a pvc barbed fitting that screws into the coupler and a 3 inch long piece of pvc
do not glue the 3 inch pipe to the adapter, just slide it in and it will be water tight and removeable

i use them on modified hempy buckets to keep any overflow contained as they are water tight and cheap and readily available

fwiw

S

Stoner Smurf

These work great with vinyl tubing, you just need to use a hose clamp.

HPMAABK34.jpg

Edit: I didn't shop around for price, I just took the first result google gave me. You may or may not find them cheaper else where.

Top Bottom