Best way to be legal in Cali?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

hey, I am a medical patient here in cali, but say someone wants to do between say 50 and 200 plants. Whats the best way to be legal about it? I got some buddies to photocopy their recs, so we have a few copies sitting here in case the law comes by, but as far as specifics or the best way, I am not sure.

How do you folks growing in Cali deal with growing many plants? Like say you have 40 clones and 40 vegging plants. or theoretically even if you wanted to go up to 100-200-300 etc...

I've seen these shops have hundreds of clones so I know there must be some way to do it, peace.

hiboy

hiboy

Its all a krap shoot now.
Nothing legal about growing with feds.
I dont believe anything is legal anymore with Cali rules. Ive seen patients come together for a larger grow, cops didnt even care about the paperwork, tore it all down and prove it in court
hb

squarepusher

squarepusher

Its all a krap shoot now.
Nothing legal about growing with feds.
I dont believe anything is legal anymore with Cali rules. Ive seen patients come together for a larger grow, cops didnt even care about the paperwork, tore it all down and prove it in court
hb

that's some BS, I guess what I'm trying to avoid
From what I read about the Feds, they are mainly focusing on people who have shady money practices like laundering, or folks who may be selling non-medical or out of state exporters. Also, there was some memo that the feds don't really get involved in grows unless its quite large, 500+ so below that even though they could bust you its not really worth their time in most occasions.

But thats too bad about the cops tearing down peoples grow that would cost a lot of money with lost harvest and such thanks for the reply peace

hiboy

hiboy

that's some BS, I guess what I'm trying to avoid
From what I read about the Feds, they are mainly focusing on people who have shady money practices like laundering, or folks who may be selling non-medical or out of state exporters. Also, there was some memo that the feds don't really get involved in grows unless its quite large, 500+ so below that even though they could bust you its not really worth their time in most occasions.

But thats too bad about the cops tearing down peoples grow that would cost a lot of money with lost harvest and such thanks for the reply peace

Local cops or the D.A. will call feds if they want to,,, many dont but depends on all of the circumstances. Numbers matter most. Thats why i veg at one location and flower at another.
hb

kweezy420

kweezy420

cops or feds raid/destroy first then ask questions later (first hand experience, i even bitched at the douche bag sheriff for destroying a legal grow.. all he did was laugh)

K

KushMonster

It just comes down to how it looks, if you're unlucky enough to get inspected/searched and your place looks like you're doing commercial grow operation, that's when they'll try to drill you at court. I've had buddies quite a few plants and because they made it clear it was for personal medical issues, he got away with it. Then again I'm sure it comes down to who you run into also.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
hey, I am a medical patient here in cali, but say someone wants to do between say 50 and 200 plants. Whats the best way to be legal about it? I got some buddies to photocopy their recs, so we have a few copies sitting here in case the law comes by, but as far as specifics or the best way, I am not sure.

How do you folks growing in Cali deal with growing many plants? Like say you have 40 clones and 40 vegging plants. or theoretically even if you wanted to go up to 100-200-300 etc...

I've seen these shops have hundreds of clones so I know there must be some way to do it, peace.
Sounds like you have a desire to blow it up. You should know that all counties have been noticed by the feds that they want to be notified if they are aware of such large grows.

Those kinds of numbers are definitely going by the wayside here in California. Mendocino's plant tagging program that allowed up to 99 plants? Gone. Now it's 25 plants per parcel.

El Dorado county has banned growing a larger area than something like 10'x20' (200'sq). Kern county has limited folks to 12 plants/parcel. The city of Elk Grove has placed severe restrictions on numbers AND locations. Rancho Cordova is taxing medical growers based on the space used. IIRC, Lake City has banned ALL growing altogether--no dispensaries, no cooperatives, no collectives, no personal/private growing whatsoever.

And photocopying recs implies that they have multiple grows going in multiple spots, and that's a great way to get more trouble than you or they will know what to do with.

Ultimately, what you're proposing is going to cause you severe headaches if the goal is to do it legally, because what you're proposing at this time is being legislated/ordinanced out of existence.

I've been receiving emails regarding this stuff through my association with a patient advocacy group, I should put all the emails together in their own folder, then post them up.

squarepusher

squarepusher

Sounds like you have a desire to blow it up. You should know that all counties have been noticed by the feds that they want to be notified if they are aware of such large grows.

Those kinds of numbers are definitely going by the wayside here in California. Mendocino's plant tagging program that allowed up to 99 plants? Gone. Now it's 25 plants per parcel.

El Dorado county has banned growing a larger area than something like 10'x20' (200'sq). Kern county has limited folks to 12 plants/parcel. The city of Elk Grove has placed severe restrictions on numbers AND locations. Rancho Cordova is taxing medical growers based on the space used. IIRC, Lake City has banned ALL growing altogether--no dispensaries, no cooperatives, no collectives, no personal/private growing whatsoever.

And photocopying recs implies that they have multiple grows going in multiple spots, and that's a great way to get more trouble than you or they will know what to do with. 0

Ultimately, what you're proposing is going to cause you severe headaches if the goal is to do it legally, because what you're proposing at this time is being legislated/ordinanced out of existence.

I've been receiving emails regarding this stuff through my association with a patient advocacy group, I should put all the emails together in their own folder, then post them up.

Not exactly blow it up, I just realized today that I got a few new clones recently, about 40 an it upped by numbers significantly, even though my total wattage is only about 2k in an indoor type space. So, if one was to do SOG style you could easily have close to 99 plants even though running only 2-3k lights in a 10x10 area say.

But thanks for your input! do appreciate it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, you could end up with those kinds of numbers, easily. I've gotten close to it myself after I got my first aero-cloner.

It's important to know what the current state of cannabis status is where you're planning on growing. For example, my county is proposing what is ultimately a zoning ordinance. As such, there are restrictions already in place (state law) dictating what the appropriate penalties may and may not be. That means that, as a non-health & safety threat to the public, but merely a nuisance, any cannabis cultivation that violates our ordinance is restricted to infraction or misdemeanor status. And THAT means that you cannot be put in jail for violating the ordinance (though they could, if they so wished, make a person's life miserable), but they can put it to the county board of supervisors to ask a judge in a court of law to impose a fine. Again, California state law dictates what those fines may, and may not, be.

The question is, of course, how closely will they adhere to state law? Because state law already affords patients the right to grow collectively or cooperatively, yet we have many localities outlawing what's already guaranteed a right.

squarepusher

squarepusher

Yes, you could end up with those kinds of numbers, easily. I've gotten close to it myself after I got my first aero-cloner.

It's important to know what the current state of cannabis status is where you're planning on growing. For example, my county is proposing what is ultimately a zoning ordinance. As such, there are restrictions already in place (state law) dictating what the appropriate penalties may and may not be. That means that, as a non-health & safety threat to the public, but merely a nuisance, any cannabis cultivation that violates our ordinance is restricted to infraction or misdemeanor status. And THAT means that you cannot be put in jail for violating the ordinance (though they could, if they so wished, make a person's life miserable), but they can put it to the county board of supervisors to ask a judge in a court of law to impose a fine. Again, California state law dictates what those fines may, and may not, be.

The question is, of course, how closely will they adhere to state law? Because state law already affords patients the right to grow collectively or cooperatively, yet we have many localities outlawing what's already guaranteed a right.

well said, sticking to the law seems to be something fairly hard for the local law enforcement it seems :)

I'm going to get my act in order, paperwork and maybe even a lawyer just better safe than sorry, there is no local ordinance where I live, so it falls under just blanket state law I believe.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Butte County Supervisers passed a County law based on land use.It was challenged and will be going to the voters, so for now Only State and Fedral laws apply. No limits under State laws and anything over 99 becomes of intrest to the Feds. I watched the DEA fly over and watch a small cartel grow last summer but they never did anything. I`d gess there were 800 plants in there grow.It was not on Fedral land, I think this made a difference.An other thing is almost every property around me has small medical grows. I was told at the local shop and rob that every single person up here smokes and most grow.That includes the Fire Department and local Police Officers! Only problems is there are a few rippers and meth addicts around.There is also a lot of Dog thiefts,mostly pitbuls.

Blaze

Blaze

The laws in Cali are all up in the air and are in a constant state of flux. Grow some place out of sight, and out of mind, and don't piss off your neighbors. Don't register with any "voluntary" local programs and don't try to "work with" the local law enforcement, they will just fuck you over first chance they get. Don't rely on a piece paper work to protect you either - medical recommendations and constitutional rights don't mean shit when you've got a thug with a badge and a gun knocking on your door. In other words - get your recs together and be as "legal" as possible but don't think for one second that will protect you if push comes to shove. Treat it like an illegal operation, keep it hidden and discrete as much as possible, and hope you never get inspected or hassled.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Grow some place out of sight, and out of mind, and don't piss off your neighbors. Don't register with any "voluntary" local programs and don't try to "work with" the local law enforcement, they will just fuck you over first chance they get. Don't rely on a piece paper work to protect you either - medical recommendations and constitutional rights don't mean shit when you've got a thug with a badge and a gun knocking on your door. In other words - get your recs together and be as "legal" as possible but don't think for one second that will protect you if push comes to shove. Treat it like an illegal operation, keep it hidden and discrete as much as possible, and hope you never get inspected or hassled.

good advice. plus, style of grow to keep plant #s down is good insurance in case the worst happens. i love trees.

Racker

Racker

I thought that cali was even more freeminded than the Dutch. When i read this........well :(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, no! You have to remember that, geographically speaking, the vast majority of the state is populated by very bigoted people. While we were the first state to abolish anti-miscegenation laws, we are also one of the first to constitutionally ban same-sex marriage, and we did so very recently (Proposition 8).

We're backwards-forwards/forwards-backwards. We've got these incredibly liberal, urbanized areas, and then we've got these backwaters that are populated by rednecks. To top it all off, there are still many people with the 49'r mindset, the "get off my claim!" mindset. Combine that with the whack-a-doodles in San Francisco who want to control everything, then go back in our history to get just a wee hint of the level of political corruption that occurred during the early days of California as a state in the Union, and you begin to understand the following;

Why we're broke
Why we're idiots
Why we allow weed
Why we don't allow same-sex marriage
Why we tax businesses out of the state
And, this is key!
Why we have the initiative process that is responsible, to a very large degree, for the state's bankrupt fiscal scenario. Our legislature is responsible for managing a mere 7% of the state's budget, everything else has been voter mandated.

Now, combine THAT with the fact that often it's around 50% of Californians who vote and the fact that most of *them* vote according to WHAT THEY SEE ON TV, and you've got yourself quite the dichotomy.

Blaze

Blaze

Why we have the initiative process that is responsible, to a very large degree, for the state's bankrupt fiscal scenario. Our legislature is responsible for managing a mere 7% of the state's budget, everything else has been voter mandated.

Aaand that is a grand example of something that sounded like a good idea at first but has turned into a clusterfuck. Allowing voters to mandate things, without providing a way to fund them, is in my opinion, one of the main reasons we are so bankrupt. California is full of contradictions. Even here in Mendo, one of the most cannabis friendly places in the country, is home to some of the most anti-cannabis bigots you can find anywhere (Some of you might remember the whole 'measure B' fiasco that unfolded here a few years back).

Racker

Racker

So it looks like the same guys that made alcohol in the 1920s now are against growing......

(same thing in my head)

Latest posts

Top Bottom