Best way to get more power out of a rental?

• Thread starter gooey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gooey

i am not using such a box...that was a suggestion i think...i am just trying to figure out my options so i can tell my electriciton what i want n not seem totally unaware of how electricity works lol...ne one have thoughts on a nice flip flop setup??

S

Steel Erection

Bro put a 100 amp breaker in the main panel and run a line to a sub panel where ever you want. If your buddy's an electrician have him run the heaviest wire he can from the 100 amp breaker to the sub. Put all 20 amp breakers in the sub just to be safe. Run your ballasts off 240 so they only draw about 10 amps each. And your ready to rock. - SE

C

cheech

if you want 8 lights on a flip that is 40 amps running constantly. then you want veg lights? you live in the house so that is another 20 amps of living load i'm guessing. what is your panels main amperage? 100 isn't enough for 8 lights, ac, and misc.

but! regarding the flip flop relays.......

i have a 100 amp panel and run roughly 6 lights 24/7.. 4 lights flipping between rooms. in the summer when my window ac kicks in i get crazy relay chatter and sometimes i loose the connection from the relay.. like when the lights in the house dim... keep that in mind.

if you will be there a while you might want a 200 amp panel. i was quoted 1k to upgrade. you won't loose the connection to relays and can flipity flop all year long. i have a diy relay thread. check it out.

G

gooey

Right on cheech thanks alot...i am thining of gettign 200 but not sure yet...for now i think i am just gon run 6 lights 3 on at any time plus 4 4x8 t5's, plus a/c, fans etc....thinking i can keep that within 60 amps at anyone time with 40 left to live on so to say....gonna get an electrician in once i get the f'n keys lol, thanks again everyone...real help...peace

Top Bottom