Best way to grow 8 plants in the same tent with only 4 flowering at a time

• Thread starter IMDMANUC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IMDMANUC

IMDMANUC

Good day, I live in Minnesota and today our governor signed the weed bill to Minnesota the 21st state to legalize cannabis Aug. 1. Our law says we can have 4 plants flowering and 4 non-flower. I'm looking to get a grow tent kit that is 5x5. I been watching tons of youtube vid on how to grow. From what it seems like to make the cannabis flower you need something like 12 hours light and 12 hours complete darkness? If I have all 8 plants in the same tent what is the best way to make the 4 flower and the other 4 not flower? The plants will be at different stages but the 4 plants that are not flowering will 12 hours with lights and 12 hours without lights still work? Just looking for the best way, suggestions to grow 8 plants in the same grow tent at different stages of growth

Last edited:
Pilted

Pilted

You would need two tents if you are growing photo periods. Photo.periods need 12 hours of complete darkness to flower and to stay in flower, the non flowering plants, (in veg) need more then 12 hours of light usually 18/6 to keep them out of flower. This means two lights set at different times, two online fans one filtered one not, two tents would be your best bet. Different humidities for different stages (flower, veg). One tent would not work unless it was made for just that reason with dividers already built.in ( those might exist.)

Your other option for one tent would be auto flower which flower when they want without having to change light schedule. But since you need to be sure 4 are veg and 4 are flower you would not have any control over when they change from veg to flower so this probably wouldn't work either.

Best option you have is 2 tents imo.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Some folks use separate vegetation and flower tents. I have two tents, but I grow according to how the plants want to grow. So, in one tent I have indica-dominant plants, and in the other tent I have sativa-dominant plants. The two types of plants have different width, height and growth rate characteristics.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

You need separate spaces that are light-isolated. They don't have to be tents. There are also combo tents that have two separate spaces. You want your flower space to be about twice the size of your veg space.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Good day, I live in Minnesota and today our governor signed the weed bill to Minnesota the 21st state to legalize cannabis Aug. 1. Our law says we can have 4 plants flowering and 4 non-flower. I'm looking to get a grow tent kit that is 5x5. I been watching tons of youtube vid on how to grow. From what it seems like to make the cannabis flower you need something like 12 hours light and 12 hours complete darkness? If I have all 8 plants in the same tent what is the best way to make the 4 flower and the other 4 not flower? The plants will be at different stages but the 4 plants that are not flowering will 12 hours with lights and 12 hours without lights still work? Just looking for the best way, suggestions to grow 8 plants in the same grow tent at different stages of growth

First of all, welcome to the Farm! 🤠

Second, I wonder if Minnesota cops will be lenient with the law like they are (for the most part) here in CO? We are technically only allowed 6 plants in veg and 6 in flower, but as long as you're not over 12 plants, they don't give a damn. Even a couple of plants over, like say, 14, is acceptable in most situations. As long as you're not trying to push it too hard, they're more after the cartel growers who come out here with a medical license, and then disappear after October 1st...

At any rate, I'd say invest in a separate tent if you intend to follow the letter of the law. Unless your last name is Marin or Chong, 4 flowering plants should provide you with enough personal stash to last until your next 4 plants flower.

Also, what do they consider a "viable" plant in Minnesota? Here in CO it's anything over 8 inches. So, theoretically, you could have thousands of clones as long as they're under 8 inches...

🤠

hillbil

hillbil

I use a 2’x2’ for veg plants and a 5’x2 1/2” for flower, 3500k or up in veg, 3000k with red LED Boards in flower tent.

Choppr

Choppr

Yep, Probably the least expensive and quickest turn-over to start with would be Auto Flowering (Day Neutral) Cannabis, 11 weeks seed to harvest, and halfway thru your "Run" every 6 weeks you could start a new run and rotate them in/out of 1 flowering tent (so every 6 weeks its Harvest time!). Then you wouldn't have to worry about stringent Light/Dark Cycles like with Photo-Dependent Cannabis, Consider It as Training for Photo-Period Plants later-on down the road.. Good Luck M8

Top Bottom