Best way to kill mites for good?

• Thread starter CanadianClassic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urbanite420

urbanite420

Predatory mites are the best! go to buglogical.com and get the mix pack. in a week or two theyll be gone or very close to it. and they wont come back if the pred mites are still hangin around

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

If you can seal your room (during dark cycle even) and open a CO2 tank, it'll suffocate the buggers. I would not recommend this if your garden is in your house. I buy a new tank, seal the room off, open the valve, and leave for 12 hours. The co2 levels get insanely high (20,000ppm or so- highly toxic to animals and humans), but the mites can't live w/o oxygen. I stopped a pretty bad infestation for less than $50 by repeating this 3 times in the course of a week. Be sure to vent the room before going to work in it!

Billygoat

Billygoat

If you can seal your room (during dark cycle even) and open a CO2 tank, it'll suffocate the buggers. I would not recommend this if your garden is in your house. I buy a new tank, seal the room off, open the valve, and leave for 12 hours. The co2 levels get insanely high (20,000ppm or so- highly toxic to animals and humans), but the mites can't live w/o oxygen. I stopped a pretty bad infestation for less than $50 by repeating this 3 times in the course of a week. Be sure to vent the room before going to work in it!

I like this idea, but what about the egg? Is the three treatments for when the eggs hatch? I'm guessing you are trying to break the cycle and get them killed off with the CO2 before they reproduce?

Might have to try this one time.
Take care,
BG

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

That's why it needs to be repeated, Billy. My plan would be CO2 bomb on Mon, Wed, and Friday. Or two days in a row is good, with another treatment 48-72 hours later. The idea is to kill the adults, then the newly hatched before they start having sex!! lol

C

Carson

I thought I had my mites eradicated. I start flush on 2 of my bitches and do a close inspection. Crap, I see stipples

C

Carson

I hear about 1 part alcohol, 2 parts water working so I figure this late what do I have to lose. Spray, and then webs show up!
I turn around to a girl that is a week behind and give her a spritz and she is covered in webs. spray pluck, shop vac the last 3 days.

T

Trim Reaper

I tried the co2 thing and it didn't work for me. I must be a dumb ass, becouse NASA supposedly uses this method.
I have heard from several sources that NO PEST strips work. I was thinking of trying a few, anybody have any experience with these?
:anim_52:

B

budbrothers

I tried the co2 thing and it didn't work for me. I must be a dumb ass, becouse NASA supposedly uses this method.
I have heard from several sources that NO PEST strips work. I was thinking of trying a few, anybody have any experience with these?
:anim_52:

we went over that already. read my friend. they didnt work for me. they did for some. there are different types of spider mites and some more resilient than others. kill them all.

T

Trim Reaper

Sorry. I will read full thread 1st.
Thanks, newbie error :cool0044:

J

Jalisco Kid

Buy floramite and avid and put it in your first aid kit. Using poison in maintenance program is weak,stupid and butt ass lazy. Glad I smoke my own, I can not imagine the poison on the herb in the clubs. Suerte JK

nuttso

nuttso

every time i see a bug question i answer it with co2. if u can manage to seal your room. there is nothing better against bugs.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
every time i see a bug question i answer it with co2. if u can manage to seal your room. there is nothing better against bugs.

Too bad it doesn't work for spider mites. If you ever got the cali super borg it doesnt kill em.

At least it only $20.00 down the drain.

nuttso

nuttso

Too bad it doesn't work for spider mites. If you ever got the cali super borg it doesnt kill em.

At least it only $20.00 down the drain.

I'm 100% sure the super cali borg breath air. So when u cut the air it will hyperventilate. I know some bugs can survive alot longer with high co2 concentrations, but they are alot slower than in normal envirement. 20000 ppm kills everything bro.

B

BudGood

I haven't went through the whole thread, just the first few pages. A few thoughts:

No Pest Strips work well, but you MUST be able to shut off the airflow to/from the room during the treatment, this is important as you're basically gassing them with dichlorvos(sp). If your shades are air-cooled and well-sealed from the rest of the room, go ahead and run the fans that cool them off. I've used them for multiple types of bugs, works against damn near anything.

Predatory mites work great! I got the Borg in my garden, chopped down the flowering ones, and worked on the veg; I bought a few thousand of the "triple-threat", three different types of predator mites, they came in a sawdust I sprinkled on the plants. Some of them thrived in higher temps/humidity, others in lower. Some were voracious eaters, one wouldn't eat alot, so the ones with big appetites died after the food source ran out, while the others survived times of no food long enough to catch any eggs hatching or mites hiding. After I was fairly certain they were all gone, I moved EVERYTHING out of the growroom and sprayed the walls and floor with a 5-7% bleach solution, and wiped down everything with the same solution before reintroducing the equipment and stuff back into the sterilized room. I now *always* clean all pots and stuff with a bleach solution, just to be sure.

Haven't had mites for years and years, even though I've been medical for a couple of years now, and have acquired many cuts. Quarantine quarantine quarantine!!!

One more thing, I cut down all the rose bushes around my house. Roses are either natural carriers of mites, or are pretty damn attractive to them. I've seen infestations of varying degrees on every rose bush I've ever looked at....

I've seen people use CO2, and the principle is sound. You must have the room well sealed to do this though.

IMO, it's much easier and better to get rid of any pests/problems in veg. I would NEVER put a plant with an infestation into flowering.

Hope that helps, take care... :bong2:

horribleherk

horribleherk

on my last grow i got really infested i went to home depot & bought a hot-shot no pest strip 24 hrs later not a mite to be found , do not leave in room any longer than 36 hrs remove the strip & place in zip-lock bag for future use as prolonged exposure does leaf harm [i found out the hard way ]the strip kills the eggs too havent had a mite since with mites you have to break their reproduction cycle i would repeat the process from time to time just remember to take it out or you risk a die-off

C

CanadianClassic

Took me forever to respond but thanks for all the advice i ended up using Azamax did 2 diff sprays and it seemed to kill everything!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I'm 100% sure the super cali borg breath air. So when u cut the air it will hyperventilate. I know some bugs can survive alot longer with high co2 concentrations, but they are alot slower than in normal envirement. 20000 ppm kills everything bro.

Concept make sense, sounds like I just need to give it another run. I saw the monkeybone thread today.

Thanks for your contributions on the subject.

P

pushykushy

mites a fucking up my shit man!! I use 217 organic spray 70 a bottle and they are still here!! Help me please!!

Top Bottom