Best way to kill mites for good?

• Thread starter CanadianClassic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CanadianClassic

Wondering what are the "BEST" methods people use for dealing with the evil little bastards? Something that kills them good and keeps them gone..Thanks

C

cain23456

NO PEST STRIPS NO PEST STRIPS NO PEST STRIPS!!!!!

Nothing else needed at all. You can best it at walmart, home depot,aace, etc... Less than 48 hours all gone.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I keep hearing how good these are - had a gnat problem last grow and tried one - didnt do shit...

plus how toxic are those things?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I had some turn up at the end of a grow - they didnt really take hold or do any damage - but they were in the room...

on suggestion from a good friend I cleaned up for the flip like normal, but didnt plant right away, instead I left the lights to cycle on and off like normal for 2 weeks so that any eggs left would hatch out and die.

three grows later and Im still mite free - yeah I lost 2 weeks in the flower room (I just vegged my clones that were ready under a t5 those 2 weeks) but I didnt have to spray any harsh chems in my grow area and on my hydro gear.

I had a great yield with the delayed veg on the other hand.

F

farmerjohn

Whatever works, until it doesn't work anymore! Neem oil for me right now. But I have to get some no pest strips & try that. Way too easy, if it works as well as cain suggests.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Anyone else use Azamax?? I have used this product for mite control and if sprayed in veg every 3rd day I don't have a mite problem during flower

C

cain23456

No pest strips are simple, no spraying at all. you don't have to worry if it will burn your plants. cost about 3 bucks for 1. take it out of the pack and sit in in your grow room. close the door for a day or 2. your done. simple easy cheap!!! 2 days tops problem solved.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
so your saying that even though gnats thrived with a no pest strip in my room it will kill the borg?

F

farmerjohn

Tx cain! Not that this is the 1st time I've heard "no pest strips", it justs seems too simple for a problem as vexing as the BORG! I'm off to Walmart to buy "no pest strips", made in China! lol I'll report my results. I just threw 5 little bushes, 21 2 litre bottle plants & 4 seedlings into 12/12. All had been outside & nothing says BORG & a dozen other pests, like being outdoors for a month!
2 questions cain.
1.) Will it take care of other things that might have come in with the plants?
2.) The room is 3 X 4 meters. How many should I need to solve any problems?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Floramite sc, Shuttle, Avid. Any of these will kill the eggs and adult spider mite. You need more than 1 if you are going to successfuly get rid of the mites.

F

farmerjohn

Tx. I use Triple Action & it works fine. If the no pests work, then I want to use them because I'm lazy. lol

C

CanadianClassic

well thanx for the tips if those strips work well for you john i might get em if not i think ill get the floramite sc and avid combo and DESTROY!! Lucky its just clones i have in a vegg closet my flowering room is bug free and i wanna make sure i totally eradicate them before letting any of the clones in there!!

S

StickyIckys

Floramite, Judo, Forbid, Avid, etc all work very well but I wouldn't use them in flowering. Azatrol is 100% organic and works great...you can also add it to the reservoir to kill larvae and such and have it absorbed by the plant to use as a systemic. Anything that then feeds on the plant ingests the Azatrol causing quite a wonderful death for those little bastards!

I have heard of these "No pest strips" and have only heard positive things. I have yet to try them.

How many are required for X amount of sq (or cubic) feet?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I have had mites spread even with no pest strips tripled up. If you're in coastal Cali, you can bet you have some super mites. Floramite works everytime and will stop an infestation in its tracks, but it takes 30 days to break down. Azamax/Azatrol or any of those Azadachtrin neem derivatives work also, but need multiple applications. I've been hearing good things about sns217. I haven't tried it, but I've tried other rosemary extracts before unsuccessfully. I'd stick with floramite, or Azadachtrin if you must be organic. Predatory mites can also work, but they are better as a preventative, expensive, and tend to have more specific survival conditions compared to the borg.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
your not gonna stop mites till you stop swapping clones or having outsiders in your grow room or going to there's. no pets in your room and no debris if it don't do anything for your grow get it away from your room. take your mom plants take cuts from them soon as they root ditch the moms. its alot easier to get rid of mites with less plants and smaller plants.

if you do trade clones then you need a quarantine area. treat your new clone every few days for mites and was the leaves frequently scrubbing the undersides. then don't treat it for 2 weeks and examine it make sure they are gone before you bring it to your room.

running a perpetual garden being careless even floramite wont save you and if it does you are lucky.

C

CanadianClassic

I didn't trade clones and they are in their own area,I plan on taking care of them before i go any further with them and i don't care if i gotta do 10 applications if that's what its gonna take to kill them

C

cain23456

Tx cain! Not that this is the 1st time I've heard "no pest strips", it justs seems too simple for a problem as vexing as the BORG! I'm off to Walmart to buy "no pest strips", made in China! lol I'll report my results. I just threw 5 little bushes, 21 2 litre bottle plants & 4 seedlings into 12/12. All had been outside & nothing says BORG & a dozen other pests, like being outdoors for a month!
2 questions cain.
1.) Will it take care of other things that might have come in with the plants?
2.) The room is 3 X 4 meters. How many should I need to solve any problems?

I don't wanna lie to you and say it will get rid of anything except what I know for a fact. I had a Huge spider mite problem while in fl. I put in 2 no pest strips in my room, closed the doors. Less than 48 hours they were all gone. I didn't have a gnat problem, so i can't say. my room was a 12 x 14 and 2 worked fine.
on the pack it says what it kills. warning caution: don't hangout in the room

T

The Pheno

Azamax and Dr Doom work for me but you have to use it multiple times and only during veg never during flowering.

Top Bottom