Best way to prep pressed bubble for oil, tinctures and butter

• Thread starter johnychaos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

johnychaos

so I've been making hash pills and tootsie rolls with bubble hash for about a year now. I'm curious what methods you all use to break bubble hash down into your oils, butters or tinctures.

The problem I've run into is clumps at the bottom of the mixture. I've noticed if I use loose keif it mixes in well without clumps but I can't seem to get pressed hash to a super smooth consistency allowing for more even dosing.

J

johnychaos

If I was making it this wouldn't be an issue but I'm not growing currently thus getting my hash from others and no one can seem to understand my request for non-pressed when I ask for it.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

tell them it is better unpressed. Quality of resin is not degraded, and you don't waste ur time pressing it. If they try to tell you that they want to decarboxylate that shit with heat n pressure, tell em to just do it with heat. Cook the hash at like 190 for 20 minutes, all broken up still

B

blueburnsorange

I'm not saying it's the greatest solution but if you get stuck with pressed hash and want to break it up try freezing it for a day to get it hard.

After I do this I can use an old grinder to break it back up, or just use a knife to chop it up. Then I toss it in the crockpot with some coconut oil and I'm sure you can imagine the rest from there.

W

Wrangler

Wonder how much hash goes into a cup of oil or liter or pint or gallon????? See lots of information on quantities using leaves, etc; but, not hash.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I like to use about 1g of hash per 7-8g of coconut oil. For a reference.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I pulverize it in a coffee grinder and reflux boil it in ethanol for about 30 minutes.

M

mustbe420

E z

Just put the pressed hash in the oven at 250 for a while until it gets soft then take it out and smash it. Put it back in the oven again if necessary and wait til I softens then smash it and chop it all up. Once it's all soft and gooey put some boiling water in there and stir it all up and keep stirring in boiling water to desired consistency. Let me know if it works lol

Top Bottom