Best way to raise RH

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

Hello everyone I need to know what the best way to raise your RH % is. I have tried the 5 gallon bucket with water and that really didn't work. Thanks for the help

H

hassan321

Some foliars are going to burn pistils, period. There are many variables that may affect that, such as dilution, what you're using in particular, whether or not you're keeping it mixed, etc. In my experience using soaps at low rates is fine, but I have seen burning at some pest-controlling recommended rates, around 2T/gal if I recollect.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello everyone I need to know what the best way to raise your RH % is. I have tried the 5 gallon bucket with water and that really didn't work. Thanks for the help
If you can't do a humidifier (cool mist, not vaporizer), then you can hang a bath towel on a bar over that 5gal bucket of water, so it's just touching the water. You want the towel almost soaked. The reason for the towel is that you're exponentially increasing surface area, which increases evaporation rates, which increases relative humidity. Plus, a towel should be pretty easy to find, you may even have one on hand. :)

G

Gamechanga12

If you can't do a humidifier (cool mist, not vaporizer), then you can hang a bath towel on a bar over that 5gal bucket of water, so it's just touching the water. You want the towel almost soaked. The reason for the towel is that you're exponentially increasing surface area, which increases evaporation rates, which increases relative humidity. Plus, a towel should be pretty easy to find, you may even have one on hand. :)

What humidifier would you recommend?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

How large of a space? How many lights? I'm looking at this for a temp solution:

In the meantime I'm going to make my own fogger.

greenthumb

greenthumb

I bought a very nice humidifier on amazon.com for $28. It puts out cool mist. It says it's for babies, I figured the girls would love it.

Does anyone know what the ideal humidity for the veg. stage is? (and flower stage?)
I'm having a hard time finding an affordable hygrometer.

Dunge

Dunge

Try reducing ventilation until heat becomes the problem.
I have been surprised by how accurate the little $10 temp/humidity units are from to box store.

greenthumb

greenthumb

Try reducing ventilation until heat becomes the problem.
I have been surprised by how accurate the little $10 temp/humidity units are from to box store.

Hey Dunge, didn't catch where you got that temp/humidity meter! ("box store"??...!)

DarkSpark

DarkSpark

Ultrasonic humidifers are good. but they tend to crap out after a while, they never last very long ime.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lowe's or Home Depot.
Modern tech seems to have solved the humidity sensor problem.
Beats the hell out of the old horse tail meter on my wall.
Horse tail meter...?

Dunge

Dunge

Mechanical humidity meters have horse hair holding the meter gauge against a spring.
Take one of those old things apart and you can see for yourself.
Humidity is not an easy thing to measure.
I don't know how modern electronic sensors do it, but accurate measurement is a rather new ability.
Ever heard of a Sling Psychrometer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom