Best way to smoke without getting "itchy lungs"?

• Thread starter Toscano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toscano

Toscano

Hi everyone!

Been smoking for a few years now, but I'm still not sure I'm doing it right.
Will explain.

Tried bongs and vapers, but always get the same result: "itchy lungs" which make me cough every time I inhale (mind you, I'm 47 and have smoked for 30, so not exactly starting... but the itchy thing when smoking pure grass always makes me cough).

The way I do it is using rolling papers, half tabaco half grass, but naturally that impairs the experience a bit.

Could this be the smoke temperature?
I see some bongs have deposits for ice, maybe that would work better?

Anyone here with the same "itchy lungs" problem?
How did you make it work for you?

Thanks.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Coughed all the way through decades...and still coughing through it today at times 👍 I do understand your dilemma, and I have found that I cannot smoke just any old strain, and I have found that when I find a mild strain (as far a coughing goes), I find the genetics for this strain and continue to grow it for me, but I still want high THC. Also, ice in a bong works well, but again take smaller hits, and in a blunt keep the heater hot...sometimes I take 2 pulls, with the first pull just to heat the end up for my second pull which I will inhale. Other than this, it edibles for me 😉👍

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

There is unfortunately still a lot of harsh weed out there. I dont know what yours tastes like but I havent seen anything "mild yet potent" in over a year. Its pretty sad really. Over here anyways.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

In the last year I found that "Banana Punch" is my favorite strain for this very reason...I can roll it without tobacco and it has a much milder pull than many others, yet gets me high as fuck, and now I am growing it as half my grow. 😉

Toscano

Toscano

In the last year I found that "Banana Punch" is my favorite strain for this very reason...I can roll it without tobacco and it has a much milder pull than many others, yet gets me high as fuck, and now I am growing it as half my grow. 😉
That's good to know!
I'll be starting out with some Northern Lights automatics as that's what I have now, but already planning what to use for my second crop.
Will check that out.
Thanks!

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

My current grow of Banana Punch....and is very easy to grow with nice bud structure and yield.

20220617 220315
weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Also I'm a broken record with this but death star from ak bean brains ticks the right boxes for me.
He also has sensi star bx4 which I would bet is better refined than nirvana's.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Also I'm a broken record with this but death star from ak bean brains ticks the right boxes for me.
He also has sensi star bx4 which I would bet is better refined than nirvana's.
Sensi star used to be fantastic and as good as any when it was sold in regular form,once they femmed it,it went to nothing special. It's still a good choice but not overpowering anymore. I mean from Paradise ,I haven had any of AKbeans.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

ak bean brains only does regs. try his. but i thought nirvana's was reg still?
Just like ak bean brains has original nl5xhaze that has only been popped for 2 or 3 rounds since the late 80s.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

ak bean brains only does regs. try his. but i thought nirvana's was reg still?
It could be,I idn't know Nirvana sold it too ,I have only tried Paradise and White label regs and both were very potent. Many years ago Nirvana had Ice and it was really strong too but they lost something along the way .

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Pure kief in a double percolator ice-bong was the smoothest I did smoke so far.
Using tobacco will have a far greater negative impact on your lungs than cannabis, it's worlds apart

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Using tobacco will have a far greater negative impact on your lungs than cannabis, it's worlds apart
Except for nicotiana rustica plants like Aztecs used, mixing it will enhance the potency but that strain of tobacco isn't used in cigs.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hi everyone!

Been smoking for a few years now, but I'm still not sure I'm doing it right.
Will explain.

Tried bongs and vapers, but always get the same result: "itchy lungs" which make me cough every time I inhale (mind you, I'm 47 and have smoked for 30, so not exactly starting... but the itchy thing when smoking pure grass always makes me cough).

The way I do it is using rolling papers, half tabaco half grass, but naturally that impairs the experience a bit.

Could this be the smoke temperature?
I see some bongs have deposits for ice, maybe that would work better?

Anyone here with the same "itchy lungs" problem?
How did you make it work for you?

Thanks.

This is one of the reasons I smoke blunts. Most bongs make me cough my lungs out and pipes and joints don't do the trick for me so I smoke blunts. That and I grew up in the South Side of Chicago, so I come by it honestly 🤣

I highly recommend hemp blunt wraps if you can find them they can be found for pretty cheap, just as cheap as some tobacco blunts, like 4 or 5 for .99 to 1.49.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

leafonly dot com has real whole leaf tobacco wraps of many varieties. I'm thinking of trying the connecticut broadleaf or PA oscuro wrappers.
So much cheaper than going to the gas station for blunt wraps.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Madmax

Madmax

Hit the nail on the head....also the drying and curing process id very important along with reducing nutrients towards end for a smoother smoke..

Top Bottom