best way to start seeds ???

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

that is very true , i am usually gone very early and home late at night , around 7 or 8 .. could they survive 5 or 6 hours with no water if something broke ?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I NEED to water my Sunshine Advanced Mix#4 no more than every 2 days, indoors. Thats with climate control and fans going, in Smart Pots(Aero Pots,Earth Juice). I would say as long as you use a drip you will be fine. Not many things can go wrong with a drip system, to waste, as long as you don't run out of water/nutes in your res and your lines don't clog. Check out this method, Leadslead's drip system tutorial.

M

Mmmmasonite

that is very true , i am usually gone very early and home late at night , around 7 or 8 .. could they survive 5 or 6 hours with no water if something broke ?

Well hydro yes....Aero no........Like Crombien said.....Sunshine #4 is a good mix if you do soiless top drip...Sold quick at the old shop......Peace

below frigid

below frigid

I just put them in soil and water. Put them in a warm place. I am growing only outdoors so this way I only get the vigorous growers. If they can't make above ground on their own without coaxing I don't want them. I do have to start a few extra beans though. My seed stock is usally fresh so I still get over 90 % above ground.

N

NBfrost

Im thinking on going that route as well , i was thinking on what you said crom , I think i am going to go the dripper route , with the top feed .. i might also just make a small aero ponic tube system .. to get use to the truly hydro ponics .

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Im thinking on going that route as well , i was thinking on what you said crom , I think i am going to go the dripper route , with the top feed .. i might also just make a small aero ponic tube system .. to get use to the truly hydro ponics .

Just watch out for all the root zone issues that you can run into without temperature regulated reservoirs. Might be a good point to choose if you are going to use beneficials or stick to the chem/H2O2 approach for the Aero set up. IME aeroponics/nft setups if not done properly will give nothing but migranes, root rot, and crop failure. Though drip systems seem to be the answer to this. Drip to waste is a good way to start. Aero has a sharp learning curve. Just an FYI, I don't want to discourage you. Best of luck brotha!

Cheers,
Crom

S

Sunnyd

100% germ rate...

Materials:

Paper Towel
Sealable sandwich bag
water
air

Wet the paper towel, then squeeze to remove excess water.
add seed and fold paper towel onto self.. spray inside of bag and seal almost all the way.. blow into the bag and fill with air and seal... place somewhere warm wahla...

T

theTinker

Perhaps its just my strain. I've always had at least a 90% success rate with the simple method of tossing the seeds into some tissue, keeping it moist and dark. within 48 hours, the seeds have grown roots and i just pop them into soil under 18/6 low lighting and then under the HPS after a few days.

S

saffron

im starting with some seeds but which 1,s???????????

hi,im starting with seeds ,never done seeds before just cuttings,and have also just got myself a 6 pot iws bubbler set up,im no expert so would love some help in deciding what seeds i should get ,i like a real couch lock kinda hit ,and im obv after a big yield ,,any suggestions ????????

M

Mmmmasonite

hi,im starting with seeds ,never done seeds before just cuttings,and have also just got myself a 6 pot iws bubbler set up,im no expert so would love some help in deciding what seeds i should get ,i like a real couch lock kinda hit ,and im obv after a big yield ,,any suggestions ????????

Go for a Bubba Kush...Big, dense, crystally nugs.....A great tasting yielder.....Peace

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I soak seed in cup of water 12 to 24 hrs then into a beer cup with pure coco water coco lighty but under 8 bulb t5 they pop in 24 to 48 hrs and get a 100% germ rate super simple way Easter than checking a paper town ever 4 hrs

Top Bottom