Best way to store seeds?

• Thread starter MrGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGood

MrGood

Hey farmers! Just a quick questions as to what is the best way to store seeds for a long time? Got some genetics I’d like to preserve until I’m ready to pop them.
Google gives me answers like store in the freezer but I’m not too sure about that honestly.
Appreciate it 🤟💯

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Dark Tupperware container in the fridge. Do not FREEZE:)

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I keep it at 38F
3EF045B3 55B7 4152 A77A 2F5B7020D60A

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It reads 34f cause I had just opened it before I took the pic.
If you can afford a commercial fridge I would definitely get one if your storing a lot of money in seeds and or spore syringes

MrGood

MrGood

It reads 34f cause I had just opened it before I took the pic.
If you can afford a commercial fridge I would definitely get one if your storing a lot of money in seeds and or spore syringes
Probably the next investment 😂

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

A breeder suggested to add some rice to the container the seeds are stored in. It not a desiccate as they may remove too much moisture.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I store mine at 38 in the fridge as well. I also add oxygen absorber packs and Boveda 32% RH packs and the container is sealed. There's packs of seeds in there over six years old and they germinate as if they're fresh with no duds

MrGood

MrGood

I store mine at 38 in the fridge as well. I also add oxygen absorber packs and Boveda 32% RH packs and the container is sealed. There's packs of seeds in there over six years old and they germinate as if they're fresh with no duds
Sheesh 6 years 😅😱 must be some fire stored away

Latest posts

Top Bottom