best way to turn 20+ pounds of bud into wax/shatter?

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
germinator

germinator

^^^^^yup^^^^he said it. Like a Terpinator giganticus

Besides its more like 270 cans for say 320 onions or 20#....right?
How many in a case?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
9 or 12 depending on the size of the can

fractal

fractal

Are there pre-made closed loop butane extraction systems out there for under a grand? I don't think that is something I would trust if I built it myself. . . Hypothetically of course.

Yeah Dabbie, it's a blessing but feels like a problem right now. Hypothetically if you had a beautiful I mean BEAUTIFUL crop but the weather won't allow the final 2 weeks to finish properly, you would be stressing a bit over not being able to just trim it and get rid of it. Hypothetically your only option would be to churn out a few pounds of wax, or make bubble hash but that takes way too long for a lower yield.

M

mcpuffin

There are a few 'cheap' CLS out there. I think Bhogart's smallest system is about $1500 but not including pumps, so add another grand at least.

You could probably build a bigger unit for the same price, fwiw.

The amount you'll save in butane will make it all worth it. You might go through a case and a half for that amount of material with a CLS.

Last edited:
Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

Skunk pharm still has the best info

From what I've heard there are many now who harvest a bit prematurely because they say it makes better bho than ripe flowers because by then the trichs have started degrading

overripe

overripe

correct me if i'm wrong here, but i don't see any reason why you couldn't:
sell 3/4 of it as flower, take your profits and buy a CLS from Emotek Labs to run the last 5+ lbs and you're in business.

XTC

XTC

Are there pre-made closed loop butane extraction systems out there for under a grand? I don't think that is something I would trust if I built it myself. . . Hypothetically of course.

Yeah Dabbie, it's a blessing but feels like a problem right now. Hypothetically if you had a beautiful I mean BEAUTIFUL crop but the weather won't allow the final 2 weeks to finish properly, you would be stressing a bit over not being able to just trim it and get rid of it. Hypothetically your only option would be to churn out a few pounds of wax, or make bubble hash but that takes way too long for a lower yield.

That a problem...but still a good problem to have in the scheme of things..

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

May I ask why you wouldn't consider maybe doinga pound or so via dry ice extraction instead of butane? I encourage you to do both and compare them if your willing to. I find that dry ice kief either pressed or straight from the pile is BETTER than wax/glass/shatter. Just a thought so yo could avoid all that damn butane. I am still not convinced that shit is safe no matter how much they try to remove the stuff. My juju says no no no.

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

^ I like this advice. I'd be steering way clear of that much butane personally.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Frac //// throw something over them, this plant will take some cold. sheets alone should work down to 25 for a nite. maybe some plastic. don't give up the ship homie.....

fractal

fractal

Frac //// throw something over them, this plant will take some cold. sheets alone should work down to 25 for a nite. maybe some plastic. don't give up the ship homie.....

Rain is coming, temps aren't going to be above 60 next week most likely. Not feasible to cover them up. Pretty much gotta take what is there, big frosty buds but the pistils are still pretty much white. Maybe as they dry the pistils will change color as happens sometimes and then the flowers will hypothetically be saleable but as it is it seems like turning the crop into concentrates is the best option. Don't want to shell out more money for butane and tubes but probably will have to.

Blaze

Blaze

Why can't you cover? A little rain and 60 degree temps is really nothing to freak out about usually. Also to get good concentrates, you need good bud. Premature stuff isn't going to cut it. Unless your garden becomes overrun with mold and mildew I would ride out the storm. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but personally, I think you are going to totally screw yourself over if you follow through on this plan.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I've had some plants out in colder temps. Just gives them color

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

But if you do make oil I'd make a 4 tube holder contraption, 4- 1/2pound tubes 2" diameter and run 6-8 cans thru each one. Can get that done in a super long day..

colostoney

colostoney

if ya have access to a water hose near them water them real good as late as ya can into the cold night and then again as early as you can when ya wake up
ground water is usually 50-60 degrees or so and it will a lot a times give your plants just enough a drink a warm water to get by
all except super touchy sativas usually handle the upper twenties for a snap easy and sometimes will be all steamy on a cold morning right at harvest
I'm with everyone ride it out bro a lot folks in colo used to harvest too early now I notice everyone
concentrating on maturity n amber trichs plus man fall colors in herbs is priceless imho

Top Bottom