best ways to prevent stretch

• Thread starter shawnskush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shawnskush

shawnskush

so i received my new bennies and nutes before my last water and used them and after being gone for almost a week i came back and the plants grew way more than i expected....soooo here we are now wondering what are your best methods in your personal experience for keeping stretch to a minimum

cannabeans

cannabeans

Using a metal halide for the first few weeks of the bloom cycle helps to keep the stretch to a minimum.

buddahslave

buddahslave

take the tops off the arms will make them bush out. feel for a little bulb on the top its like a lump and prick it off. you can also add mother of all blooms in the start of flowering will cause the plant to stop stretching.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
top at the onset of your 12/12 light hour change over. Don't feed them much food if any during the transitional stretch(2-3weeks Varietal dependent). Spray with seaweed at the end of veg and very beginning of flower.

And last but not least(which you don't wanna hear) don't grow tall genetics...look for hybrids that shorten them or literally flip to a flowering phase right after rooting or dramatically shorten your veg time and increase plant sites.

shawnskush

shawnskush

thanks for the tips baba ill definitely check the seaweed out. im used to tall plants usually around 6 ft these might exceed that is my worry lol

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

top at the onset of your 12/12 light hour change over. Don't feed them much food if any during the transitional stretch(2-3weeks Varietal dependent). Spray with seaweed at the end of veg and very beginning of flower.

And last but not least(which you don't wanna hear) don't grow tall genetics...look for hybrids that shorten them or literally flip to a flowering phase right after rooting or dramatically shorten your veg time and increase plant sites.
Great info baba. Thats why you do what you do..

buddahslave

buddahslave

A overdose of silica will work just like bush master. I've did it a couple times. Makes the stems turn real woody, and fat. They get stunted from it. The down side is the stay stunted for like 2 weeks, and they get a N defiantcy. With that being said, I stoped doing it.
How much is an overdose? I would like to test the line with the silica

LBH

LBH

2 biggest things u can do is get lights as close as possible and keep day temp and night temp as close as possible. Big gap,big stretch.

Dr Stupid

Dr Stupid

This may not be for everyone, and I don't know how it will be received, but you can try this. Thanks to Dizzlekush for the stepping stones. Seems to help quite a bit with the lanky og's etc. We'll see how this looks as it finishes flowering. Right now they're just finishing their stretch. I am still playing with timing and application.

6-BAP. Synthetic cytokinin.

6-BAP on the left, control on the right. I chose these plants because they were identical in size when I flowered them. You can see the treated plant stretched less. These plants were set off to the side and aren't receiving direct light, so even better results are possible.
Bap 1

Nutts

Nutts

I just live with stretch and adjust my grow lights to deal with it. Ill train a plant sideways if I have to.

Nutts

Nutts

If you want woody stems. Would t you just add another fan? I use fans and by the end. You could stake Dracula with a branch. Noooooooooo problem

Top Bottom