Best/worst Dispensaries In Co

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Best for me would be "Natures herb and wellness" in greeley because it is clean and they have a huge on site grow room where they grow their own flowers. They also have good prices on extracts for being north of denver but the extracts are not the best of the best sometimes.

My worst is right down the street from there in greeley at "smokey 420" for a few reasons.
First, no parking. You literally have to park halfway in the street.
No security room, just a half wall between you and the waiting room and the building is very small.
I got three different grams of bud and each one smelled exactly the same. The buds were dark and shiny and clearly have been sprayed with something.
The buds all smell like pyrethrin mixed with herbs and spices, cloves and sage maybe?
There is no way I will be smoke testing their buds, I just stopped in to sample a few different kinds of bud on my way through town and ended up wasting my money.

X.rm

X.rm

Best for me would be "Natures herb and wellness" in greeley because it is clean and they have a huge on site grow room where they grow their own flowers. They also have good prices on extracts for being north of denver but the extracts are not the best of the best sometimes.

My worst is right down the street from there in greeley at "smokey 420" for a few reasons.
No security room, just a half wall between you and the waiting room and the building is very small.
I got three different grams of bud and each one smelled exactly the same. The buds were dark and shiny and clearly have been sprayed with something.
The buds all smell like pyrethrin mixed with herbs and spices, cloves and sage maybe?
There is no way I will be smoke testing their buds, I just stopped in to sample a few different kinds of bud on my way through town and ended up wasting my money.
Pyrethrin? Shiiiiet. .. talk about buyer BEWARE! !! Smfh, i just posted on your other thread; i would like to know what you've heard about MMJA, just got a bunch of beanz and had like only 10% germination rate. I've never had such a low rate. What's the scoop

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I take the beans that don't pop and squeeze them gently along the seam with a pair of needlenose pliers until I feel/hear a "snap" and then replace them. They usually grow on out after that, squeeze them like you do a sunflower seed to crack it open, if that makes sense.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

What did the manager do when you called to let them know or to complain or ask for a refund?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
What did the manager do when you called to let them know or to complain or ask for a refund?
I live over 4 hours away from the dispensary, not worth it to go back for a few grams.

xavier7995

xavier7995

What a weird and wonderful new world we live in that this is even a thing.

Medical oasis is the only shop I tell people not to visit. I have been to plenty of others that I just pulled up, looked at the place, could tell they obviously didn't give a crap about their store so one could infer they don't care what's on the shelf, so I just cruised down the road.

I give points to places that run their business well even if I am not impressed with the products on the shelf. Might be an ass and walk out or just buy a gram after making them get down lots of jars, but I don't disqualify them from future consideration.

K

kolah

I often visit the CO Springs pot-shops to sample their stuff and check the prices. I like to see what their growing and IMO it's all horrible. I'm always shocked at the list of chemicals they use. Buds are tiny and larfy, no tri's, rarely any smell and it smokes harsh. The $99 ozs are a fucking joke. And their so called top shelf stuff is bad as well. I gift it away after sampling it. And people buy and like this shit?

More reason to grow your own but pretty soon they will outlaw it here in CO. It's already in the works..no personal grows.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I often visit the CO Springs pot-shops to sample their stuff and check the prices. I like to see what their growing and IMO it's all horrible. I'm always shocked at the list of chemicals they use. Buds are tiny and larfy, no tri's, rarely any smell and it smokes harsh. The $99 ozs are a fucking joke. And their so called top shelf stuff is bad as well. I gift it away after sampling it. And people buy and like this shit?

More reason to grow your own but pretty soon they will outlaw it here in CO. It's already in the works..no personal grows.
Since A20 is a part of our state's constitution, a change like you state would require a vote, wouldn't it? I feel that's the best part of MJ legislation, we are the only state that changed our constitution to protect patients. Are you referring to subsequent statutes etc? Legislation that came after that like sb106 or hb1284 or A64, hb11-1043? Those rules do not apply to patients or personal grows. I guess I need to clarify that I am speaking of Medical, not rec rules about grows. If you are saying that personal recreational grows will be outlawed, I'd buy that. IANAL, but I have no concern about my medical patient status or my ability to grow my own, and I don't believe that any type of legislation would pass that would change A20. Even if it's just an affirmative defense and not full legalization, it's still in the constitution. I'm happy to eat my words if things have changed.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Gonna be mighty salty when I have to pretend to be sick with something or other and pay my 420 bucks for a prescription. For whatever reason, having to tack some medical "need" on to my desire to smoke weed just infuriates me. It really weakens the legitimate medical argument when the primary Avenue does a wink and nod to the fact they are jokes of the med profession and charge 420 or 710 or whatever.

But here we are and I am happy to do what I gotta do to not go to jail for a little bit o weed in my pocket.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Gonna be mighty salty when I have to pretend to be sick with something or other and pay my 420 bucks for a prescription. For whatever reason, having to tack some medical "need" on to my desire to smoke weed just infuriates me. It really weakens the legitimate medical argument when the primary Avenue does a wink and nod to the fact they are jokes of the med profession and charge 420 or 710 or whatever.

But here we are and I am happy to do what I gotta do to not go to jail for a little bit o weed in my pocket.
I think my EPC is worth every penny, and weight is no longer an issue with rec rules, so fuckin grow them trees. Small price to pay to sleep better.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Has there ever Been a good dispensary ??? i mean really. Sure the honest guy says ok i am starting up a company and i will follow these rules and guidlines , as in customer satisfaction etc .
But reality is money brain washes even the small business and of course corporate business Does not matter who is the CEO ??? you or me or your brother Greed and customer loyalty goes down the shitter .. specially when month end bills start stacking up etc ..
We work in the supply and demand era for everything in our daily lives and with supply being on demand QC , goes down the hole
From FFOF , Sunshine ocean forest what was a great soilat one time and demand for it has turned out nothing but issues there product is being pushed out the door , Corners Cut etc and its not going to get better any time soon ..
I do not bother with dispensaries or hydro ponic grow shops for one reason , it allows police to monitor who is coming in and leaving possibly writing down plates or what ever ..
with most people growing there own medicine there is no need to with online shopping nutes can be shipped to your door or PO box what ever right ..
If i was to go to a dispensaries i would be trying to make some friends with other growers ??? trade weed ??? or clones get a tight group of people together and you can have years of smoking different strains become a collective and fuck the dispensaries with there garbage weed in which the once great grower has changed to a business of cash cropping and quick sales
And on closing note again from what i here most of the top end weed is empty on the shelfs and sad thing is once the dispensaries know which one people are after price increases 30 - 50 - 80 percent even they know when to cash in

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I often thought of starting such a collective, but I live in a non legal state. Even if I lived in CO I would not let big bro know about my operation, medical or not.
Since when has uncle sam ever done anything but take things that don't belong to him and bully people around telling them what they can't do and what they must do?
Uncle sam would rather you take a poisonous pill than use a plant for medicine.

K

kolah

I like the option of getting a MD rec/script and leaving it at that. Don't register with the state.

scoop

scoop

It's an option if you want to get popped when they come to the door with a warrant.

Been there, done that. (in 2007) The "card" was all they wanted/needed to see.

YMMV.... good luck out there!

K

kolah

Is that actually an option?

Yes. Card or no card if you get busted you still have to battle it out in the courts. The MD script/rec is your backbone line of defense.

Having the redcard registers you with the state. You are in their files, name address, etc. Just having the MD rec does not have you logged into the database and you do retain some privacy. Not all LEO's honor having the "legal" red card ..and CO people get popped even when they have it. Either way you go keeping within your recommended plant numbers helps reduce the risk.

And remember in CO we still have the recreational/"personal" growing rights even without the MMJ option.

The feds don't give a shit either way...to them it's all illegal. If they pop ya, (in almost all cases I have seen) you can't use the state laws to defend yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom