Better ideas than a shop vac for collecting run off in grow tent?

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Ive been struggling with collecting the runoff water from my tent. Any better ideas than shopvaccing after watering?

I did have my tray up on 10” blocks and had a hose coming off the plug to drain the runoff but it was not high enough so water wouldnt completely come out. Honestly I felt that was pretty high already so I took them out.

What do you guys use to drain your run off in your grow tent? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Better ideas than a shop vac for collecting run off
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

I put little 12x12 saucer under each pot or grow bag or rockwool block and the plant and dirt will soak up the run off. You shouldn't have that much run off though. Couple ozs if that

Siz

Siz

I put little 12x12 saucer under each pot or grow bag or rockwool block and the plant and dirt will soak up the run off. You shouldn't have that much run off though. Couple ozs if that
Isnt the point of runoff to be drained away?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Isnt the point of runoff to be drained away?
You can. You don't have to. I never have issues to have to do so. I feed and what little run off the plant soaks up

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Either elevate the tray with some tilt and drain through the hole, or use a shop vac. I have a similar setup and got the "Bucket Head" vacuum that fits over a 5-gallon bucket.

Siz

Siz

Either elevate the tray with some tilt and drain through the hole, or use a shop vac. I have a similar setup and got the "Bucket Head" vacuum that fits over a 5-gallon bucket.
I tried that. I have to elevate it too much to do that I am trying to keep them from going too high. My tent is 80” and the gavita led hangs about 8” lower than that so I dont really want to sacrifice height.

I am surprised. Are there no auto draining pots for DWC? Does everyone make their own?

I was thinking of making a system but I feel like there should be something out there.

The closest Ive came is the AC Infinity auto feed pot bottoms but they dont have a draining system.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Not necessarily If the plant tells me the ppms are to high and causing nute burn I lower the ppms of feed and I just give it 1 feed of just ph water.

F

FireWaterMusic

I'm also looking for a runoff solution. It's getting a little tiring with the shop vac. Being able to collect the runoff and test it is a great way to see how things are going. I've been looking at The Bucket Company and am considering the Ez-Pz runoff trays just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Reactions: Siz
Top Bottom