Better to flower from cutting taken from seed plant?

• Thread starter Talapika
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Talapika

Obviously there's nothing wrong with growing out a seed and flowering it, but I've heard of many people growing the seed plant out large enough to be able to take cuttings and then taking a cutting, rooting it and growing it vegetatively for a period before flowering it as their preferred way. So do you think this is preferable to just growing from seed to harvest and taking a cutting for mums or do you think taking a couple of cuttings but growing one out and flowering it would be better?

Basically I want to know the advantage of doing it this way because I can't see any :mad0233:

P

Producer

Okay, you worded that a little weird.
What is you want to know man?
Is it better to grow start to finish (veg right up to flower) from seed?
Or is it better to take clones from a mother and grow with that?
Is that what you want to know?

P

Producer

What I do is grow from seed and thats the ones I keep as my mothers.
They stay in Vegatative growth all the time. I plan on keeping my mothers for years to come. And they continually supply me with more clones. So I take cuttings, grow them out for a few weeks in veg cycle and when they get about 10-12" high I put them into flowering.
This is, in my oppinion the best way to do things.

Because of your mothers you know you're guaranteed females (you'll have to sex your moms to make sure they're female as well).

You never have to waste time with seedlings! You skip that whole time process.

Your genetics are guaranteed, if you have a nice healthy mother, you will have nice healthy clones.

And you can make as many clones as you want. And choose the strongest looking of them to put into flowering, and throw away the rest.

Easy as that bro.

Hope I answered your question.

j wizzle

j wizzle

plants grown from seed are more vigourous IMO. you should just take clones of each seed. whats the point of spending 6 months to veg, clone, veg and finally flower....only to find out your seed is shit....

turn your clone into a mom, its not going to do anything diferent than the one grown from seed would do.

i dont even keep moms, messes with your plant count. i just take a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone, etc.

j wizzle

j wizzle

You never have to waste time with seedlings! You skip that whole time process.

Your genetics are guaranteed, if you have a nice healthy mother, you will have nice healthy clones.

i think you misunderstood the question

he is asking if its better to grow a mom from seed and flower her and take cuttings for future moms.

or should he grow a mom, take cuts and flower the cuts.

either way he is growing from seeds so he isnt going to skip the seedling stage.

OGONLY

OGONLY

plants grown from seed are more vigourous IMO. you should just take clones of each seed. whats the point of spending 6 months to veg, clone, veg and finally flower....only to find out your seed is shit....

turn your clone into a mom, its not going to do anything diferent than the one grown from seed would do.

i dont even keep moms, messes with your plant count. i just take a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone, etc.

I'm with j wizzle on this. Keeping moms is not necessary.

But to answer the question, I like to grow out my plants from seed 4 or five weeks. Then take clones. If you want at that point you can go into flower with the plants from seed.

By the time you are a couple weeks into flower, your clones will have rooted. Veg em til you can take cuts and repeat the process.

Once your plants from seed have flowered and cured up, you can make a decision about which to keep and which to toss. You can then donate the bunk cuttings to the clubs like everyone else does.

P

Producer

i think you misunderstood the question

he is asking if its better to grow a mom from seed and flower her and take cuttings for future moms.

or should he grow a mom, take cuts and flower the cuts.

either way he is growing from seeds so he isnt going to skip the seedling stage.

Ya you're right.
I really had no idea what he was asking! haha! I was high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom