Bho Extraction Machines

• Thread starter Surfandgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

Id like to start this as the definitive extraction machine page. Id like to hear about every ones experience with the extraction machines they have built or purchased. Im looking for reviews on equipment like the bigfoot extractor, Tasmisium, MKIII BHOGART etc... What kind of accessories work best likes purgers or pumps etc.. Do you like active or passive? What kind of different solvents have you guys tried and what are the differences. This is just for extraction machines to make shatter, related accessories, materials and techniques. Thanks!

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

I'm in for the ride, even though it may be a little late. I've ordered a Dabzpro extractor and am waiting impatiently upon its arrival. Will update when it arrives and maybe post a production log to follow.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Personally speaking i don't run enough to validate the purchase of a closed loop or any other style " machine " Im an open tube blast kinda guy...

Just works for me. :D

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

I LOVE my open blast BHO, an ancient and archaic method to be sure, but a tastefully and highly successful era, coming on the heals of the lab equipment and petroleum ether methods of the 1970's (YUK)! Unfortunately open blast is horrendous on the environment and the pocket book as well, especially if you like to medicate in large dose. lol. I smoke 12-15 g of BHO resin a week medicating just myself. Open blasting in small batches becomes very monotonous very quickly! I'm going from the very small to the very large. Going from 2 x 2" x 18" open blast tubes to a 4" x 80" material handling tube (closed Loop). OH YA BABY!

I believe we are on the EVE of a new era in cannabis resins and associated products and production. The concentrate manufacturing industry is constantly on the cusps of new invention these days, with the advent of legalization. Here's to all the scientist and adventers out there who chose to share with us common folk!

Last edited:
germinator

germinator

I LOVE my open blast BHO, an ancient and archaic method to be sure, but a tastefully and highly successful era, coming on the heals of the lab equipment and petroleum ether methods of the 1970's! Unfortunately open blast is horrendous on the environment and the pocket book as well, especially if you like to medicate in large dose. lol. I smoke 12-15 g of BHO resin a week medicating just myself. Open blasting in small batches becomes very monotonous very quickly! I'm going from the very small to the very large. Going from 2 x 2" x 18" tubes to a 4" x 80" material handling tube. OH YA BABY!

I believe we are on the EVE of a new era in cannabis resins and associated products and production. The concentrate manufacturing industry is constantly on the cusps of new invention these days with the advent of legalization. Here's to all the scientist and adventers out there who chose to share with us common folk!
I think she is right............She means you grey wolf wherever you are these days......and the skunk farm research crew.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I think she is right............She means you grey wolf wherever you are these days......and the skunk farm research crew.

Hes on at least 2 other forums still posting everyday but don't seem to make his way here anymore...

And there website hasn't had shit for new information in months...Then again what else is there to do atm they kinda covered everything there is atm.

D

disposition84

I'm very happy with my terpenators, started on the mk3c years ago and really fell in love with saving butane over open blasts. Couple months ago upgraded to the much larger mk4c and thing is awesome. Using one of their sleeved tubes for psuedo-dewaxing works pretty nice, but my next upgrade is a closed sleeve liquid co2 injection as breaking up dry ice and getting it into the sleeve is a bit of a pita but i've become accustomed the the quality.

Stay far away from isolation extractors, if they're even around still. Met these guys at the cannabis cup and seemed nice enough, but between lack of support on their product, shit design, and inferrior made parts, I've retired her and she sits on the wall as a memento of why you do your research first before jumping in head over heals.

Moving to CLS after couple years of open blast and I'm glad I've made the transition, hasn't been a cheap move, but I feel so much safer working with one and have so much more control over things during the process.

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

Im personally looking to purchase a system from the 5k-10k range maybe more for the right system. Butane is illegal in CA but using other less volatile solvents are allowed. Has anyone run other solvents through their closed loop system? The cannabis cup is coming in Feb to LA and Ill be there with my buddy as a vendor but Im going to shop around for a machine while Im there and meet the guys who make em. See what kind of a cash deal I can get on the spot. I would like to have as much research on the subject done as I can by then.

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

I have not personally heard of any other solvent being run in a CSL, other than butane. There has been some talk of propane and hexane, but apparently they have their own set of problems.

Your first question when purchasing a CSL system, is if you want, or need, a ANSI/ASME certified system that meets all food handling and safety issues as well as any potential fire and explosion safety protocols. If you are producing for the retail or medical market this is paramount.

There are, very few, certified systems on the market, but fly by nighter type operations abound. Do your homework. There a couple systems worth while to consider, that seem to be a little more superior than others and a few that are not so much. Really depends on your needs.

For a certified system I would consider, Terpp Extractors. I personally have chosen Dabzpro Extractors, they seem to have the best bang for the buck and far superior to most others available. There are others that appear to be working as well. Beware of the fly by nighter's or cheap knock offs. Service is everything in this industry and you definitely want good customer service and technical support for what ever system you choose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom