Bho Honey Oil

• Thread starter Scotty637676
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Scotty637676

hi I am new to all this and of my first grow I used the trim to make some hash oil as I have a honeybee extractor so I made some using butane gas followinging the steps on YouTube so this is why I’ve joined this site cis it seems u guys n gals know more my question is my honey oil is running an sticky like oil should be but I want to turn this to shatter or wax so I can handle it better an so u can dab it as it won’t dab as it is at the monient it just runs when heat is applied thanks

4plant

4plant

Were you able to vaccume purge it? You might have some residual solvent keeping it loose. Get a coffee cup warmer and place what you have in a suitable container on it. As it heats up whip it like in a circular motion for awhile, let it cool and repeat. This will help remove remaining solvents and will either whip into budder or harden into shatter when it cools. People will complain it kills terps but it’s better than smoking tane.

Nugg

Nugg

It's all in the temp.....lower temp is for shatter.. higher temp gets honey oil....and Imo..only use the bud,no leaf...I go for a was texture..think I cook at like 145°..when I make honey oil..I cook at 190° untill no more bubbles..like 8-10 hrs..nice clear Amber color that way...that's just me I'm sure everyone has there own..

S

Scotty637676

Were you able to vaccume purge it? You might have some residual solvent keeping it loose. Get a coffee cup warmer and place what you have in a suitable container on it. As it heats up whip it like in a circular motion for awhile, let it cool and repeat. This will help remove remaining solvents and will either whip into budder or harden into shatter when it cools. People will complain it kills terps but it’s better than smoking tane.
No I don’t have abacuses to be able to do this

S

Scotty637676

Thanks for the info

Madbud

Madbud

Hey Scotty, open blasting is kinda frowned on here at thcf, imo. Visions of Fez and Kelso blowing up Red’s basement kindathing. That said, i ran a few bottles lately. Outdoors in a leather jacket, double boiler of a clean pyrex dish floating in a larger dish of warm water on top of a pizza box for insulation and using Neon11x or vector 14, has to be superfine butane. (Hold a bic lighter to glass, you won’t get that black soot with 11 or 14x.) I freeze the material, packed but not tight, prewarm the dishes and a thermos with hot tap water, then half fill the larger dish and fill the thermos. Float the small dish and blast away. Let it bubble off, add some more hot water and wait til its done boiling off to a goo. Good luck.

S

Scotty637676

Hey Scotty, open blasting is kinda frowned on here at thcf, imo. Visions of Fez and Kelso blowing up Red’s basement kindathing. That said, i ran a few bottles lately. Outdoors in a leather jacket, double boiler of a clean pyrex dish floating in a larger dish of warm water on top of a pizza box for insulation and using Neon11x or vector 14, has to be superfine butane. (Hold a bic lighter to glass, you won’t get that black soot with 11 or 14x.) I freeze the material, packed but not tight, prewarm the dishes and a thermos with hot tap water, then half fill the larger dish and fill the thermos. Float the small dish and blast away. Let it bubble off, add some more hot water and wait til its done boiling off to a goo. Good luck.
Wow thanks

C

Chiliwili

It's all in the temp.....lower temp is for shatter.. higher temp gets honey oil....and Imo..only use the bud,no leaf...I go for a was texture..think I cook at like 145°..when I make honey oil..I cook at 190° untill no more bubbles..like 8-10 hrs..nice clear Amber color that way...that's just me I'm sure everyone has there own..
Wow you purge for 8-10 hours? Also what is your whipping technique?

D

dabarino

I purge my shatter for 36-48 hours under vacuum at max 92f on the slab I do my wax at 105-115f for 8-12 hours

Top Bottom