BHO materials

• Thread starter colby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

colby

Im going to start making my own wax soon. ive done it a few times but this time im going to buy everything i need. im looking for a list of everything ill need from butane to a vacuum purge. also any tips on making wax would be great. i want to try to make some shatter. im going to buy some really good bud and blast an oz or so of it. so if you guys could help me out so my first run comes out perfect that would be awesome! my emails [email protected] if anyone wants to hit me up on there to.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Well congrats on your future batch, I highly suggest you take some time out before you get started and READ... ALOT....

SkunkPharmResearch.com is a great starting point.. If you have future questions past that.. specific ones im sure people won't mind helping :D

C

colby

Well congrats on your future batch, I highly suggest you take some time out before you get started and READ... ALOT....

SkunkPharmResearch.com is a great starting point.. If you have future questions past that.. specific ones im sure people won't mind helping :D
Thanks man! I'll check it out right now

StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

Hey colby, I just started making my own bho a few months back, and I'd be happy to share experiences with you. I think I have a pretty good list of the most important materials your going to need. First off, get an ir thermometer, I ruined my first batch thinking I could guesstimate things (you can't lol). What size runs are you going to be making? Making bho is my new favorite hobby lol

C

colby

Hey colby, I just started making my own bho a few months back, and I'd be happy to share experiences with you. I think I have a pretty good list of the most important materials your going to need. First off, get an ir thermometer, I ruined my first batch thinking I could guesstimate things (you can't lol). What size runs are you going to be making? Making bho is my new favorite hobby lol
I'm debating on doing an ounce or two of super dank, dependes on how much equipment I have to buy. Glad you said that about the thermatior I wasn't going to get one lol.
Should I get a vac purge? I want really good shatter.

velocity

velocity

If you want top line yes you need a vac purge it. Dont skimp of CFM of the pump and the cost. 5 cfm vac pump is good 8CFM ever better. Dont buy a cheap vac pump spend $ on a quality commercial unit. The more CFM you have the faster you can purge.

Last edited:
StonedPngwin

StonedPngwin

The equipment costs are just about the same no matter how much your running. I personally don't use a vac for purging as I only run a quad at a time. If your going to do a zip or two I'd prolly recommend a vac, I get around a gram from a quarter, and can fully purge it on a double boiler in about three hours, with your higher quantity it would take forever on a double boiler. You'll need your extraction tube, unbleached coffee filters, rubber bands or zip ties and a deep walled Pyrex dish for blasting and collecting. You'll need something to scrape your dish and collect your oil once your done, I use utility razor blades and a four inch paint scraper. Make sure you clean your blades before you use them as they will have lubricant on them. You'll want either parchment paper or an oil slick pad. I highly recommend the oil slick pad, but don't make the mistake of thinking a silpat is the same thing. You'll want a torch and some kind of dabbing tool just to make your life easier while collecting your product. You'll need a vac chamber as well as a pump for purging. These are going to be your main tools. Don't attempt without an ir thermometer though, especially in the beginning.

C

colby

Than
The equipment costs are just about the same no matter how much your running. I personally don't use a vac for purging as I only run a quad at a time. If your going to do a zip or two I'd prolly recommend a vac, I get around a gram from a quarter, and can fully purge it on a double boiler in about three hours, with your higher quantity it would take forever on a double boiler. You'll need your extraction tube, unbleached coffee filters, rubber bands or zip ties and a deep walled Pyrex dish for blasting and collecting. You'll need something to scrape your dish and collect your oil once your done, I use utility razor blades and a four inch paint scraper. Make sure you clean your blades before you use them as they will have lubricant on them. You'll want either parchment paper or an oil slick pad. I highly recommend the oil slick pad, but don't make the mistake of thinking a silpat is the same thing. You'll want a torch and some kind of dabbing tool just to make your life easier while collecting your product. You'll need a vac chamber as well as a pump for purging. These are going to be your main tools. Don't attempt without an ir thermometer though, especially in the beginning.
thanks man I'll let y'all know who it comes out. I've got to order the stuff so in a week or so

C

colby

Should I get a dehydrator to?
Anything else I can buy to make it better?
Do you have any tips you can give me while making it I really want to get the best I can possibly get I'm buying all the right stuff and the best bud I can get
If you want top line yes you need a vac purge it. Dont skimp of CFM of the pump and the cost. 5 cfm vac pump is good 8CFM ever better. Dont buy a cheap vac pump spend $ on a quality commercial unit. The more CFM you have the faster you can purge.
oul

velocity

velocity

If looking for a dehydrator grab this. Its stainless steel easy to clean, tall and wide so can do trays or a pot. Has a wide range for temp and also has a timer for the fan. I have had 2 of these for 4 years to do jerky, fruits, and mushrooms with, I run them almost nonstop and still going strong.

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/stainless-steel-dehydrator/food-dehydrator

When you buy your vac pot be sure and look at the seal. Not all are the same. I like pro vac because the seal is in the lid and rests on the top of the pot.

Read skunkpharm, its a bible really. Alot of it is knowing how to do it, but it takes time to get it to an art, so many factors involved. Just be dillagent and in few batches will notice alot. On youtube are tons of vids to make what ever you want, just dont settle for 1 video watch several and notice the differances there are so you know when running hey this not coming out right so let me try this way instead.

Here is a link that may get you what you need, just look at the bottom and click the right button. Not saying have to use this place BUT atleast get an idea of what use and prices. If want the ultimate pump get a 8CFM same brand. Click on an item and look at the bottom you may see something that works for you. Please dont hate me LMAO but they have so many things in a place you can get side tracked LOL.
http://www.amazon.com/Robinair-15500-VacuMaster-Vacuum-Pump/dp/B000O1C47M

Last edited:
velocity

velocity

Dont forget to get the oil for the vac pump, when it starts looking dirty change it

C

colby

Alright thanks man I think I'm going to buy vac pump and a gallon size chamber would that be good? Both from that website prob lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom