BHO to a more refined product?

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

with lots of rock hard BHO how does someone refine it to be a more mind bending hash?

is a condenser needed ?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i would start with mind bending buds...bam....mind bending hash.
or we talking pertty looking?

Ever after

Ever after

hmk bho. just want to use chemistry to make it different

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
check out graywolf...he has good info

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
you cant go wrong with hmk's info

Graywolf

Graywolf

Mind bending has to be in the material to start with, but can be improved per unit volume by removing the inactive ingredients by dissolving it in a solvent and filtering out the solids.

That will improve it some, and you can improve it more by making a cannabis acetate out of it, reflux boiling it in acetic anhydride. Not so much more potent, as passing the blood brain barrier so much quicker that it doesn't come on, it arrives with both feet.

squiggly

squiggly

Mind bending has to be in the material to start with, but can be improved per unit volume by removing the inactive ingredients by dissolving it in a solvent and filtering out the solids.

That will improve it some, and you can improve it more by making a cannabis acetate out of it, reflux boiling it in acetic anhydride. Not so much more potent, as passing the blood brain barrier so much quicker that it doesn't come on, it arrives with both feet.

Please keep in mind that acetic anhydride is incredibly illegal to have if it is not for research purposes. This is a main reagent in the synthesis of heroin. Trying to buy it, and perhaps even searching it on the internet, will flag you to the DEA and Homeland Security faster than you can say "I'm fucked."

If you can sneakily obtain it--go nuts, but do not try to get it from a chemical supplier--as it is the law that they must report such a request to the DEA.

Graywolf

Graywolf

On the other hand, if you are using it for legal purposes, having the DEA aware, shouldn't be an issue. It is also used to make aspirin and any number of other things.

Ever after

Ever after

so i just toss 10 grams or so of bho in a distiller with the acid...acetic anhydride? and let the acetic anhydride evaporate off ? im not sure what instruments i need?

how good is quick washing bho or bubble hash with ether ? and what kind of ether do you need for that to be safe to eat or smoke

Graywolf

Graywolf

so i just toss 10 grams or so of bho in a distiller with the acid...acetic anhydride? and let the acetic anhydride evaporate off ? im not sure what instruments i need?

how good is quick washing bho or bubble hash with ether ? and what kind of ether do you need for that to be safe to eat or smoke

The condenser is set up to reflux, rather than distill and a solution of oil suspended in hexane, is reflux boiled in acetic anhydride. It is then reacted with water and washed in a separatory funnel with brine until neutral and clear, before evaporating off the hexane to yield the acetate.

There is a copy of our procedure on our Skunk Pharm Research site at hXXp://skunkpharmresearch.com/thc-acetate/

Diethyl ether is usually what folks use and I understand it works well, though I haven't tried it.

Ever after

Ever after

grey wolf why is your condenser not have a top addon peice for glass on glass its like it stops i cant find one online that stops all of them have a hole in the top thats a glass on glass fitting why is that? wont i lose stuff that way? or is there a way to recolect something or recylce it i see how you use a water pump and cold water hooked up to the a pump and that makes the air that rises go back down or turn in to liquid im just wondering why yours has a glass openening at the bottem and not at the top like all the others ive looked at

Graywolf

Graywolf

grey wolf why is your condenser not have a top addon peice for glass on glass its like it stops i cant find one online that stops all of them have a hole in the top thats a glass on glass fitting why is that? wont i lose stuff that way? or is there a way to recolect something or recylce it i see how you use a water pump and cold water hooked up to the a pump and that makes the air that rises go back down or turn in to liquid im just wondering why yours has a glass openening at the bottem and not at the top like all the others ive looked at

They are made both ways and we have both. When doing refluxing with an Alhin, there is no need for further plumbing.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

They are made both ways and we have both. When doing refluxing with an Alhin, there is no need for further plumbing.

Hey GW was readin on your sight about your guys test results on the thc acetate, after all the heating and reaction is over you say that the pain relief from the acetate was stronger?? Would this then imply that thc is the most ""medicinal"" element to the plant in terms of pain relief? and also since hexane was used for the starting reaction; wouldn't there be better starting solvents to use other then hexane in order to come out with a better end result, rather then extract a bunch of cannibinoids only to convert them into thc through the process; why not start with a higher thc oil to begin with: I understand if the project was just an expirement, otherwise i don't quite get the reason for making the acetate to begin with? anyways don't mean to bust your balls or anything just trying to see the logic in what to use it for. much respect.........Take it easy

squiggly

squiggly

Hey GW was readin on your sight about your guys test results on the thc acetate, after all the heating and reaction is over you say that the pain relief from the acetate was stronger?? Would this then imply that thc is the most ""medicinal"" element to the plant in terms of pain relief? and also since hexane was used for the starting reaction; wouldn't there be better starting solvents to use other then hexane in order to come out with a better end result, rather then extract a bunch of cannibinoids only to convert them into thc through the process; why not start with a higher thc oil to begin with: I understand if the project was just an expirement, otherwise i don't quite get the reason for making the acetate to begin with? anyways don't mean to bust your balls or anything just trying to see the logic in what to use it for. much respect.........Take it easy

THC-acetate more readily crosses the blood-brain barrier. Simple as that.

Graywolf

Graywolf

All good questions!

CBD is a know analgesic, but as the CBD would have been converted to THC, it certainly suggests that THC acetate has analgesic qualities as well.

Hexane actually makes a pristine extraction and does a good job of removing whatever cannabinoids are present. Pentane would also work and be easier to purge afterwards, but it does need to be a non polar solvent.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

All good questions!

CBD is a know analgesic, but as the CBD would have been converted to THC, it certainly suggests that THC acetate has analgesic qualities as well.

Hexane actually makes a pristine extraction and does a good job of removing whatever cannabinoids are present. Pentane would also work and be easier to purge afterwards, but it does need to be a non polar solvent.

I feel for sure that pentane has a more "complete" extraction in terms of gettin every last cannabinoid, and it's only slightly harder to get then hexane depending ofcourse on where you are and what you do. I guess now that i thought on it a bit it makes sense that hitting the brain with thc all at once would be more beneficial in some senses; i think more medical experiments need to be granted so that these questions can be stomped out with a definative answer. Have you found a readily easy way yet to seperate the cannabinoid compounds before carboxylzing them? I think that'll be the real key to unlocking the true potential of this wonderful plant. anyways thanks for the response, much love man, Take it easy

Graywolf

Graywolf

We extract the oil before decarboxylating it, so as to more precisely control the process.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Dunge

Dunge

what is brine?
Chemistry is a powerful technology.
Chemistry experimentation is dangerous.
Gloves and eye protection are good.
Fire and blast control can in some cases be useful.
Consume product cautiously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom