Big above-ground planters

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Liberty_Seed

nice garden fractal; I saw that thread of Tom Hills those pics/plants are bad ass; med state here I come

fractal

fractal

Most plants are flowering hardcore right now. The phoenix is starting to stretch a bit now, I think that they will finish at least 10 feet tall above the planter for at least three of them. The super silver haze is about ten feet tall including the planter. That one will end up in the canopy of the oak tree above it I think.

First off, you guys need to get a load of this Royal Kush! I transplanted some rooted clones of this one today that I cut about a week ago from the bottom branches which had the smallest preflowers. Even so the clones rooted really nicely in about a week, talk about vigor! This plant is a masterpiece creation and I believe the diesel genetics are in there for sure. She does look rather light green in color although I am feeding her plenty. This is just how the Royal seems to grow. . . A grassy shade of green and not a deep one like the pure kush or even GDP. This plant looks like it will finish entirely by the end of september, and yield fat. The top cola will likely be about the size of a gallon jug when it is ready. The way the cola is stacking up is insane, there are so many buds making up the top that it looks like a scaffolding or something all covered in buds! Such a heavy, dank smell also. I can't wait to smoke some!

For reference, the planters are all 3 x 3 x 3 feet.

RoyalK flowers
RoyalKush1
RoyalKush
RoyalK flowers 2
fractal

fractal

Phoenix Haze is a cross of nevile's haze and super silver haze. Pretty uniform with three being lankier and having a classic christmas tree shape and two neville's dominant plants being more bushy, with closer nodes and smaller leaves. All are just now stretching to flower and will end up being massive plants covered in trippy flowers.

Phoenix 5
Phoenix 2
B

bicycle racer

nice grow im in socal too this heat particularly today and yesterday is absurd slows plants down im outdoor in hempy buckets 3 and 5 gall highly efective fast growth but watering is a constant thing next 5 to 7 gal minimum but none the less i sugest hempy grows outdoor works great.

fractal

fractal

Phoenix Haze from JLP a gift that will keep giving for all of time

Phoenix 3
fractal

fractal

Hey lance armstrong what's up your hempy buckets are way too small for outdoors, I believe. You should get some of those rope handled tubs or some giant rubbermaids and rock some 40 - 60 gallon hempy buckets.

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

lookin good fractal, nice to see you running that royal kush. a friend of mine took part in making the cross. its Purple Kush x Sour Diesel x Afghani, if uve got any questions about it im sure i can find u an answer :D keep it green

fractal

fractal

I don't think that any garden now is complete without sour D. This one I have had about the longest of my "special clones". This big hedge here should produce at least 1.5 pounds if it keeps up the way it is going. Sour diesel is a definite winner in the fat cola category, you can see them stacking up here. I love that sour toasty skunk thing it has going and this plant should yield plenty of tasty buds.

Sour diesel
Sour diesel cola
fractal

fractal

Dudes thank you kindly for the stokagement and encouragable words.

capegrower, it was the logical thing to do because my local soil is mostly clay and volcanic debris. It is so rocky that sinking fence posts is a pain in the ass.

But I got my Azz handed to me today when I checked up on the 'other site' thread about huge plants. This fuckin BUTTE guy, in the same general region as me apparently (Butte county CA would be within a couple hours) is blowing it up! That crew there is seriously handling shit like scientologists. Fuck the thetans, grow the buds. I have to rip one of their pics and show it to you here:

BUTTEhugeplants3
fractal

fractal

So yeah I am pretty depressed today. I beat up my plants pretty good for letting me down and not being at least 5 pounds each. Shot another one of them too to prove a point. They even dug trenches below their planters! aaaargh. Seriously though next year is going to be fun, I barely had time to get anything done before it was too late and things started flowering hard. I do not have drippers, or timers or anything set up yet.

This is really a temporary set up, next season's plants will be on a completely open field about 300' x 120'. Nothing shaded, full sun and a whole winter and spring worth of preparation.

P

phrank monklin

containers rock...

We use big containers and organic soil in the swamp, and all I can say is freakin' wow! Just like I'm saying looking at your fine efforts :confused0054:

peace,

phrank

fractal

fractal

Hmmmm what would you like to see first, people? maybe some Granddaddy Purple would fit the bill.

GDPSugar
GDPflowers
GDPinSmartpot
fractal

fractal

The LA pure kush really is a helluva low yielding plant, but with a sweet kushy smell that sticks to my nose for a long time. This is something I still have yet to sample and I think I will be hooked for sure, judging from the appearance of this plant.

PKflower
PKnuggs
PKeve
fractal

fractal

Phoenix haze f2 shows a little variation, with two stubbier closer-noded plants and three lanky, tropical sativa trees that display the classic open christmas tree profile. I love how the lower branches arch out so far and show excellent bud formation this early into flowering. I would estimate the Phoenix and super silver hazes have only started to flower in the last 10 days.

PXhaze2
PXhaze1
F

fuzzy

Very,Very Nice

Wish i could grow like that man.Very nice job Fractal!Keep up the forestery bus.:clapping peace,fuzzy

fractal

fractal

Phoenix Haze escaped a raid by dutch police when the seeded plants, laden with ripe beans dropped a healthy amount of them on the floor as the mothers were hauled off to slaughter. These seeds were then worked and bred one more generation to create these f2's which were freely given by JLP. Further generations will also be given out to those who want a REAL sativa to grow that doesn't take 16 weeks.
I tried growing these plants indoors last winter. The seedplants were in 7 gallon pots beneath a 100 watt light and there were 7 or 8 or them. They were not even knee high when flowered and within 5 weeks they had hit the 9 foot cieling, grown into every possibly combination of knots amongst themselves and basically failed to be viable with the way I was doing them. What was starting to develop was amazing though, like being in the caribbean in front of a tropical buffet. Lots of exotic notes in these plants, they are going to be a treat.

PXfoliage
PXhazeSmartpot
fractal

fractal

It's all about focused intent, fuzzy. The Golden Gate bridge was once an idea, then a blueprint, then a form. I was dying of jealousy every year the last few years, thinking of the fat buds being harvested every year by those fortunate enough to have land to do it on. I just kept working, blowing it up in every space I could wherever i was renting until I finally got a break. My suggestion, find one strain that produces huge and that everybody always wants more of. No matter what it's called. Then grow nothing but that until you can move up a step.

This used to be something I could only cultivate in my dreams

TrainwreckArm
fractal

fractal

The star of the grow is most definitely Royal Kush. Freaky huge buds, fast vegger and it stinks like garbage water! Not like it, but same intensity. Gag reflex skunk odor. This one if on its way to done. The leaves started losing a bit of green so I dosed it again with my favorite organic fertilizer todday, one last time to swell those buds and finish them up solid. This one does turn deep purple with cold temperatures but all I see now is green and crystal!

RoyalKushCabbage
RoyalKushSugar
RoyalKushbranch

Latest posts

Top Bottom