Big Boys Are Sniffin Around

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicozarks

organicozarks

There is not much need to reverse engineer your product. You can buy a mix already blended by 100kg loads from India. If I know this then someone that is your "competitor" knows this. $70 per Kg sample orders available. You seem to have a great product, but wasn't it inevitable? The problem with this industry is advertising dollars will win out over a great product any day. I wish it were not that way, but it is what it is.

As far as patents go they are not worth it for the average person to get. It will cost ten's of thousands of dollars up front, and then who knows how much to defend in court. I opted to not patent anything that I make. If someone wants to copy your shit then you must be doing something right.:)

I would think the only reason a competitor would want to actually purchase your product is to do side by side tests with a blend they have already made. I do this all the time.

All that being said, it is good news that you have a product that is good enough that others are going to mimic it. As you have already said you need to just keep moving forward, and making yours one step ahead of the others. I would however worry that if enough people get into this market that at some point some new "rules" might pop up from some Government entity. That seems inevitable as well.

Keep up the good work!!!

purpleberry

purpleberry

Well if they cant figure out where you source it they aren't very smart. It didn't take me very long at all to figure it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom