Cannabizz

Sup,

Strain: Big Bud
Grow Room: Slider Closet
Plant #: 3 (4 original - 1 male)
Light: 400W HPS/MH
Nutrient: Go Box & Maxibloom
Light: Veg 18/6 - Flower 12/12
Temp: 31-34 C (lack of A/C and proper ventilation) (too hot)
Humidity: 30% (not enough)
Odor Control: Carbon Filter (Large)

Lost the calendar, so I don't have the exact starting date. I'll update and maybe can get a consensus vote on when to chop. Any guesses on harvest dates? Today is 5/25/19.

If you notice anything I can improve, let me know. Thanks

Big bud beginner grow 1
Big bud beginner grow 1 2
Big bud beginner grow 1 3
Big bud beginner grow 1 4
Big bud beginner grow 1 5
Big bud beginner grow 1 6
Big bud beginner grow 1 7
Big bud beginner grow 1 8
Big bud beginner grow 1 9
Big bud beginner grow 1 10
Big bud beginner grow 1 11
Big bud beginner grow 1 12
Big bud beginner grow 1 13
Big bud beginner grow 1 14
Big bud beginner grow 1 15
Big bud beginner grow 1 16
Big bud beginner grow 1 17
Big bud beginner grow 1 18
Big bud beginner grow 1 19
Big bud beginner grow 1 20
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Update: Gave a good watering today and washed out a lot of brown runoff on this plant. The buds smell sweet like juicy fruit bubble gum, it's hard to describe.
Hi:
My guess is that you are about 24 days in flower (by the pistils and frost beginning to form). You have a very long way to go depending on strain. (never grew pure Big Bud myself). Get a cheapo 30-60x loupe to judge the pistils AND post some here too so maybe the growers here can help.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They look like they could use a small snack if you won't be harvesting for a few weeks. Yellowing of the fan leaves is pretty common, but if they are yellowing and it hasn't been flowering more than 2-3 weeks after 12/12 then a small dose of nitrogen looks called for. I like to have my leaves yellow and fall off, but only when it coincides to when the plant is totally finished. If the plant isn't ready, the lack of nitrogen might slow it down a little. On the other hand, too much nitrogen will possibly compromise your gradual flush. Its a balancing act
The chart above is a good reference in general, but don't take it as the lord's word. There are different signs for different strains... even the Sativa and Indica grow and mature differently. Keep it in mind for a general guide, but after a few grows under your belt, you won't need it.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I would say about 3-4 week of flower.

Next time, I am going to keep a notebook with the dates cause this time I haven't been counting. One looks fairly green. The other two look like they need some nitrogen because the fan leaves are yellow. I only gave plain water this week for all three. Heavy watering. I wanted to flush out the build-up, it was helpful as they all had yellow/brown runoff. The next watering I will give the feeding of the Maxibloom. I also have another product that is called Bio Bud (0.5-0-1) from General Organics. It is very low NPK, would using that in addition to maxibloom be beneficial?

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Hi:
My guess is that you are about 24 days in flower (by the pistils and frost beginning to form). You have a very long way to go depending on strain. (never grew pure Big Bud myself). Get a cheapo 30-60x loupe to judge the pistils AND post some here too so maybe the growers here can help.

I just ordered a 30x / 60x multi jewelers loupe

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would say about 3-4 week of flower.

Next time, I am going to keep a notebook with the dates cause this time I haven't been counting. One looks fairly green. The other two look like they need some nitrogen because the fan leaves are yellow. I only gave plain water this week for all three. Heavy watering. I wanted to flush out the build-up, it was helpful as they all had yellow/brown runoff. The next watering I will give the feeding of the Maxibloom. I also have another product that is called Bio Bud (0.5-0-1) from General Organics. It is very low NPK, would using that in addition to maxibloom be beneficial?
I don't usually use any special bloom boosters, just regular 20-20-20 or a adjusted blooming fertilizer with less nitrogen and more P and K, I think. Nothing special. Hopefully everything will sort itself out.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Ive tried big bud and let me tell ya that it does grow big. real big.
great yielder.
great loud smell , great bag appeal.
average potency

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

From the grow space:

Jimster, I read in another post, you said that sativa get pointy. The taller plant I have seems different than the other two. I think that was a bag seed. Do you think that tall plant is a sativa based on the pointy flowers or is that normal? The short plants kind of have a rounded head where the tall plant has a pointy head.

IMG 2131
IMG 2130
IMG 2129
IMG 2128
IMG 2127
Cannabizz

Cannabizz

How are they looking. I checked the frosty one and the trichomes are mostly cloudy. I kinda wanted to get some amber/brown going on. Was thinking of just giving plain water from now on. I notice I burned the tips.... Any thoughts on that? Thanks, have a nice weekend.

IMG 2735
IMG 2733
IMG 2732
IMG 2730
IMG 2728
IMG 2727
IMG 2725

Latest posts

Top Bottom