Big Bud Is Heavy Bud!

• Thread starter GrowBros
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowBros

GrowBros

I have had a problem that i have not encounteredin previous grows only because i have never had a chance to grow plants as tall and as big as i currently am. So my problem is, i am used to staking my plants with the basic bamboo stakes they have a hydroponics stores but my plant shave grown too tall and heavy for the stakes to hold them up. I wanted to use the tomato growing rings but they are pretty expensive for each plant. I was using a trellis net but didnt cre for that beacuse i like to rotate and keep my plants mobile in case of an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Trellis is your best bet but no moving around or not very easy anyways,there are other square cages that sit on the floor around your plant but you cant move them very easily either,once they reach a certain size they just are not very mobile.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I have had a problem that i have not encounteredin previous grows only because i have never had a chance to grow plants as tall and as big as i currently am. So my problem is, i am used to staking my plants with the basic bamboo stakes they have a hydroponics stores but my plant shave grown too tall and heavy for the stakes to hold them up. I wanted to use the tomato growing rings but they are pretty expensive for each plant. I was using a trellis net but didnt cre for that beacuse i like to rotate and keep my plants mobile in case of an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Google: yo yo plant trainer.
Best of luck.
Peace

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Forgot about yoyos but their not very mobile either.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I use one big hearty "center pole" like a big bamboo stick or whatever will work, and tie branches to IT using string. They all pull against each other in all directions causing a nice and stable structure. And it only costs me for the inner stick (per plant) plus a roll of string... Nylon preferred.

Or, I'll tie them in pairs... One on each side of the center pole to pull in opposite directions, and just loop the string once or twice around the center pole with the string. That way i can slide the string up to pull the pair of branches tighter towards the center

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If they're really that big, nothing but a T-bar will do, all bamboo will snap. When I had to use them, it was in conjunction with Hortonova trellis. I still use Hortonova, but now that we've got the nice bed all set up I have metal conduit set in the concrete, so no more need to drive in those T-bars.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

The basket are 2 bucks they aren't as tall as the cages. The cages are about 5ft the baskets are 4ft. The baskets work well.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

tie 2 canes together to add height and if theyr not strong enough double em up.or use yo yos

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

A year later and this is how I now do it...

It is one continuous, long piece of string that is only tied to itself once. So, each branch holds each other up AND the lengths can be adjusted simply by sliding the string slack to the next branch.

Takes a little time per plant, but I never have more than a dozen plants that need treatment like this at any given time.
IMG 3857
IMG 3858
IMG 3859
IMG 3860

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

It is one continuous, long piece of string that is only tied to itself once. So, each branch holds each other up AND the lengths can be adjusted simply by sliding the string slack to the next branch.

Takes a little time per plant, but I never have more than a dozen plants that need treatment like this at any given time.
View attachment 590878 View attachment 590879 View attachment 590880 View attachment 590881

How do i do that with the string gg?

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

How do i do that with the string gg?

Single knot around the bamboo, but leave some extra string to tie off to when you're done. Then draw the main (long) piece of string around the first branch and bring the string back to the bamboo. Loop once around the bamboo and move onto the next branch. I usually pick the next branch to be the one across from the first branch, but it doesn't really matter which order you do it. Then back to the bamboo, wrap once and bring it to the next branch, repeat.

Sorry, tough to describe that lol. Maybe I'll video myself doing it and post it on youtube (if I ever have time and remember). It's really easy, just seems complicated at first.

G gnome

G gnome

They make 6' bamboo stakes 1"2-5/8" in diameter. Still too small?

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

View attachment 590878 View attachment 590879 View attachment 590880 View attachment 590881

Damn you really want to town in it no leaves I agree

Latest posts

Top Bottom