Big Budah Box/Vertical growing results

• Thread starter mrsgreenbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes 4.5' cir x pi , 6ft high panels, my res are 1.3' high and i want about the same at the top for my exhaust. Enough??

I agree moving the light is a very practical and more productive method, If i could i would be doing it as well....

Your video didn't come through. A few pics?

M

mrsgreenbuds

just youtube,
Vertical Grow Room Hydroponic Grow System Big Buddha Box Grow,

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes 4.5' cir x pi , 6ft high panels, my res are 1.3' high and i want about the same at the top for my exhaust. Enough??

I agree moving the light is a very practical and more productive method, If i could i would be doing it as well....

This kinda came through a bit garbled. You say your panels will be 8' wide? If so, that's going to get you 16/pi=5.09' diameter.

I just started with all this, so I'm no expert. With a stationary 1 kW bulb, 4' diameter seems a bit right based in recent personal experience. 4.5' or even 5' diameter might be better. Again, I aim to find out! But it will take time, and many bong hits...

M

mrsgreenbuds

No ''panels'' per say, a complete circle, diameter 4.5ft wide x 6ft high .. Room will be configured into grid style with the buckets/plants. 3 rows deep x 4 wide allowing 12 plants. 3plant per circle.
Does this make sense?

My main issue if the heat of the light/distance to the plant. How far do you think is reasonable, once foliage grows inwards?

ttystikk

ttystikk

No ''panels'' per say, a complete circle, diameter 4.5ft wide x 6ft high .. Room will be configured into grid style with the buckets/plants. 3 rows deep x 4 wide allowing 12 plants. 3plant per circle.
Does this make sense?

My main issue if the heat of the light/distance to the plant. How far do you think is reasonable, once foliage grows inwards?

I'm not quite able to visualize four circles fitting over a square grid, but I'll take your word for it! Sounds good, actually...

ATM, mine are doing great in a four foot diameter trellis, 3" smaller in plant to light distance than yours, and I got minor light bleaching on a few early fan leaves directly across from the bulb. My canopy is still filling up, and so I can't say with certainty how deep the canopy can get and avoid light burn. Truth is, I'm hoping to get my light mover built soon so I don't have to find out.

5th

5th

For your consideration...

If plant numbers aren't a problem you could run from clone.
User142880 pic815388 1326076174

My 96 site NTF.

M

mrsgreenbuds

I'm not quite able to visualize four circles fitting over a square grid, but I'll take your word for it! Sounds good, actually...

ATM, mine are doing great in a four foot diameter trellis, 3" smaller in plant to light distance than yours, and I got minor light bleaching on a few early fan leaves directly across from the bulb. My canopy is still filling up, and so I can't say with certainty how deep the canopy can get and avoid light burn. Truth is, I'm hoping to get my light mover built soon so I don't have to find out.

Well that gives me a bit more confidence going into it, I'm all about taking risks ;) calculated one's though..... I'm gonna enjoy crawling in there LOL.... Worth the effort if it turns out the way it should...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well that gives me a bit more confidence going into it, I'm all about taking risks ;) calculated one's though..... I'm gonna enjoy crawling in there LOL.... Worth the effort if it turns out the way it should...

Get 'level 5' compliant eye protection, aka welder's goggles- those thouies are no joke up close.

M

mrsgreenbuds

For your consideration...

If plant numbers aren't a problem you could run from clone.
View attachment 360222

My 96 site NTF.

I'm starting from seed, and i have 12site RDWC so im going to have to run my vertical like this.

I am interested in yours though, What bulb you running in there ? what are you yielding per run ? do you have water temp problems? .. pvc close to bulb etc...

5th

5th

Hi mrsgreenbuds and ttystikk,

Was pretty stoned earlier and had a craving for Irish Nacho's...but I'm back....and fed.

As you can see I'm new to the site, not sure about pic limits etc....so please bare with me. :)

User142880 pic799460 1323400953
User142880 pic802592 1323910449

User142880 pic839050 1329535625

User142880 pic839051 1329535625

User142880 pic834501 1328844363

User142880 pic846070 1330589442

Ok...I designed it to be a 4 tier system. I was impatient and didn't wait for my clones to root properly....but thats fine because this was the first run to try and get things dialed. So the two bottom tiers ended up over vegging and top two didn't veg long enuff lol.
The strain was NLxBB that I had grown from seed.

Because it was an experiment I tried different combo's and height with the bulbs to find the "sweet spot". For a bit I even ran 3x600w in that lil' room. It was a sealed room 12,000BTU AC unit so temps weren't an issue.

The inner diameter was 36", the PVC was 4", with 2" netpots.

In the 3rd pic down you can see the res, 250 GPH pump fed the top, gravity did the rest. No need for air stones in the rez as the falling of the water from tier to tier created enuff DO to keep the girls happy.

No water temp problems as the plants canopy shaded the tubes nicely.

I got about a pound of dense nuggetry to smoke and another pound of fluffy bud/sugar trim that I made into oil.

Due to security the grow was shut down before the girls got to their full potential. I didn't get to do another run, was arrested the day before I was to put the 2nd round into flower. Fucking shame really...I did 300 clones...only selected the best...and then the cops took them lol.

The experience was invaluable and I'll gladly share some of it.

-3x400w bulbs are idea for this size setup (has nothing to do with how big your light is, it's where you place it)
-always have 3 times more clones then you need. Select the best, donate or compost the rest.
-good lawyers are really, really fukn' expensive.

Any other question feel free to ask....but right now I have to get caught up with ttystikk's thread.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hi mrsgreenbuds and ttystikk,

Was pretty stoned earlier and had a craving for Irish Nacho's...but I'm back....and fed.

As you can see I'm new to the site, not sure about pic limits etc....so please bare with me. :)

View attachment 360294View attachment 360295
View attachment 360296
View attachment 360297
View attachment 360298
View attachment 360299

Ok...I designed it to be a 4 tier system. I was impatient and didn't wait for my clones to root properly....but thats fine because this was the first run to try and get things dialed. So the two bottom tiers ended up over vegging and top two didn't veg long enuff lol.
The strain was NLxBB that I had grown from seed.

Because it was an experiment I tried different combo's and height with the bulbs to find the "sweet spot". For a bit I even ran 3x600w in that lil' room. It was a sealed room 12,000BTU AC unit so temps weren't an issue.

The inner diameter was 36", the PVC was 4", with 2" netpots.

In the 3rd pic down you can see the res, 250 GPH pump fed the top, gravity did the rest. No need for air stones in the rez as the falling of the water from tier to tier created enuff DO to keep the girls happy.

No water temp problems as the plants canopy shaded the tubes nicely.

I got about a pound of dense nuggetry to smoke and another pound of fluffy bud/sugar trim that I made into oil.

Due to security the grow was shut down before the girls got to their full potential. I didn't get to do another run, was arrested the day before I was to put the 2nd round into flower. Fucking shame really...I did 300 clones...only selected the best...and then the cops took them lol.

The experience was invaluable and I'll gladly share some of it.

-3x400w bulbs are idea for this size setup (has nothing to do with how big your light is, it's where you place it)
-always have 3 times more clones then you need. Select the best, donate or compost the rest.
-good lawyers are really, really fukn' expensive.

Any other question feel free to ask....but right now I have to get caught up with ttystikk's thread.

Ouch! Damn shame about the cops and getting busted. I've been there, too- isn't it funny how they always bust in on your best shit ever, too!

I like your setup, and the advice about bulbs is interesting- especially since it all adds up to about the same watts.

It might be more fun to read my thread backwards, lol- it took its sweet time actually getting to the fun part, I'll admit.

Writing the advice about lawyers down WITH A PEN.

Snapshot of my approach is a pair o' trees in big tub RDWC around a vertical cylinder trellis with one hanging thouie inside. The veg is the key, when I get it a bit more down I'll share around.

Reactions: 5th
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Watching Heavy. .Fellow Vert Man. Obsessed with it..Are those tubes hard to maintain? ?Loving the set-up! !

M

mrsgreenbuds

Yea man, shame about the popo.. hope all is well now!!
Great yield for such a small place too!!
Looking forward to my grow now .....

ttystikk

ttystikk

Watching Heavy. .Fellow Vert Man. Obsessed with it..Are those tubes hard to maintain? ?Loving the set-up! !

Yeah, this is a classic Heath Robinson style, he's definitely caught the best of the design. OTOH, that is a LOT of clones in the current legal climate... The raw numbers plus the fact that getting that many at once requires shearing a whole hedge of moms is what steered me in the direction I've recently gone. @Capulator has a 'wall o'dank' concept that emboldened me to try it with trees, he's got a thread about it in the Trees forum, if I recall correctly.

M

mrsgreenbuds

Yea I had a think about my 4x circle, I figure its gonna be a cluster fcuk, so I'm going with 2 walk in columns with 3 walls, the middle wall will be doubled so 4 walls total. 10ft long x 7ft high.

I'll run the 2x1000w in each column. 4plants each row, this should give me enough space to walk in the room and also to hang all my ventilation.

I would have loved to run the cylinder, but this is more practical for my situation.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yea I had a think about my 4x circle, I figure its gonna be a cluster fcuk, so I'm going with 2 walk in columns with 3 walls, the middle wall will be doubled so 4 walls total. 10ft long x 7ft high.

I'll run the 2x1000w in each column. 4plants each row, this should give me enough space to walk in the room and also to hang all my ventilation.

I would have loved to run the cylinder, but this is more practical for my situation.

I'm not quite following your description here...

M

mrsgreenbuds

Must be time for another toke then ;)
Any part in particular ??
Think of it like 2 shopping isles, the shelving in between connects to 2 isles, Thus making 4 vertical shelving in 2 isles.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Must be time for another toke then ;)
Any part in particular ??
Think of it like 2 shopping isles, the shelving in between connects to 2 isles, Thus making 4 vertical shelving in 2 isles.

So you're placing your plants around the walls, and doing two setups adjacent to one another in the same from. Fair enough, I see no reason why it wouldn't work out really well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom