Big Buds, but barely any smell or resin......

• Thread starter 5Chord
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
5Chord

5Chord

Hey everybody,

This is a first for me.......I've been growing hydro since 2015 so I've been around the block, but this grow is a head scratcher. The seeds are (or supposed to be) Auto White Widow. It was a BOGO deal from ILGM, but out of 20 seeds only 4 actually made it to seedling size. Of those, two were dwarf size and one was so larfy I chopped it and put it and the other two in the hash bin. This left one healthy plant. It actually was too healthy as it almost outgrew the tent! The buds got large and hard but with no smell or any appreciable amount of resin. They are practically unchanged for the last week or so.....Is there a chance that they will suddenly get sticky and smelly or am I wasting my time?

It's so frustrating because of the wasted time. The $100 for the seeds is nothing compared to the 3 months wasted time and energy for just a couple ounces of bubble hash :-( But buying seeds is a crap shoot.

Tod

Big buds but barely any smell or resin
login

login

I'm having the opposite problem vegged out some huge plants for 9 weeks but after 7 weeks into flower the plants are mostly leaf and stem with hardly any buds. There's supposed to be 8 week finishers.

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

I'm having the opposite problem vegged out some huge plants for 9 weeks but after 7 weeks into flower the plants are mostly leaf and stem with hardly any buds. There's supposed to be 8 week finishers.
Same thing happened to me from ilgm seeds . I got their dosi dos but they grew a ton of leaves but the buds were tiny. I just harvested the plant and hardly got anything. The only good part is they were covered in trics so it’s going to be a good smoke from what little I have. My other plants in the same tent have decent size colas so it’s not the way I grew them. Another ilgm seed I got was godfather og and that one has decent size colas and the buds look white from all the trics, you can hardly see the bud behind them.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

AK Bean Brains
Dragons Flame
Exotic
Envy
Ethos
Mr nice
plantersofthetrees
jinxproof
Right hemisphere
motarebel
capulator
oldsogs
oni seeds
tony's tortured beans

get you some real seeds gentlemen.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

you guys are buying seeds from a website called i love growing mariwana.com you realize that.

As a new grower who knew nothing and had no resources to go off of (none of my friends or family grew, didn't know about this community or any of the other communities out there) ILGM seemed like a good resource. They also have a stock of popular strains, like GSC, BB, GG, etc. that are easily recognizable to the novice grower. I'd see strains like sweaty arctic wolf fart or SoCal ass grease and be like why would I grow those strains, never heard of them and even their lineage was unfamiliar.

Now that I have a few grows under my belt, a better support structure from communities like this, it's obvious that ILGM is just chucking what ever seeds they can get and sending them out. No QA or even an attempt to provide consistent, stable genetics. Long story short new growers will make mistakes and more experienced growers may be just trying the luck of the draw and hoping to get something nice out of it.

As to the OP, I have a SSH growing from ILGM. Bud structure is amazing, node spacing is tight and compact, but the resin production is non-existent at day 32 of flower and it's just started showing some resin on the main colas.

Flip side, have a Blue Haze from ILGM growing and while it doesn't quite have the robust bud structure that the SSH does, it started producing resin at day 13 of flower and is noticeably more frosty than her sister. (Also have a GSC from ILGM going and it's light on the frost too)

I've grown 4 Blue dream auto's from ILGM and every single one of them looked like a completely different strain and all but one of them was light on resin production. My guess is it's ILGM and the wacky genetics.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

As a new grower who knew nothing and had no resources to go off of (none of my friends or family grew, didn't know about this community or any of the other communities out there) ILGM seemed like a good resource. They also have a stock of popular strains, like GSC, BB, GG, etc. that are easily recognizable to the novice grower. I'd see strains like sweaty arctic wolf fart or SoCal ass grease and be like why would I grow those strains, never heard of them and even their lineage was unfamiliar.

Now that I have a few grows under my belt, a better support structure from communities like this, it's obvious that ILGM is just chucking what ever seeds they can get and sending them out. No QA or even an attempt to provide consistent, stable genetics. Long story short new growers will make mistakes and more experienced growers may be just trying the luck of the draw and hoping to get something nice out of it.

As to the OP, I have a SSH growing from ILGM. Bud structure is amazing, node spacing is tight and compact, but the resin production is non-existent at day 32 of flower and it's just started showing some resin on the main colas.

Flip side, have a Blue Haze from ILGM growing and while it doesn't quite have the robust bud structure that the SSH does, it started producing resin at day 13 of flower and is noticeably more frosty than her sister. (Also have a GSC from ILGM going and it's light on the frost too)

I've grown 4 Blue dream auto's from ILGM and every single one of them looked like a completely different strain and all but one of them was light on resin production. My guess is it's ILGM and the wacky genetics.
You'll get the idea pretty soon.

ILGM didn't create these strains. From the sound of things, they did some pollen chucking, didn't bother testing the results and then sold them to the public. That's chicken shit.

Just to add to the list of breeders with some great products, check out Irie. If you are into energetic highs, any regular seed they sell with Arise as the male parent is golden.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I'll never buy from ILGM again they sell defects and micro seeds. This is debatable but micro seeds should be thrown away.

5Chord

5Chord

Been there too, it's pretty common for that to happen. It's usually genetics but sometimes too much light will do that too.

2Bad

2Bad

Attitude seeds website.. I agree seeds are a crapshoot but I did 4 strains last grow and kept one that I loved. Do feminized seeds and do one seed of each strain and see which one you like. I have 12 strains going right now that I can't wait to test.

Top Bottom