Big Difference Between Growing Bulb And Common Bulb?

• Thread starter Kot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kot

Hi guys. I have 1000w Hortilux super hps bulb but my magnetic ballast is for 10.3 amp bulbs so I had to buy 120 volt bulbs, the hortilux ones are for 220 volt ballast.

I am growing second crop with SON-T 1000W E40 and the plants look good. Would there be a difference with growing bulb?

I can't find magentic ballast that will power up the hortilux bulbs :(

K

Kot

There are no 120a or 220a bulbs.

1000w hps ballast magnetic or electronic should work with the horti 1000 super hps.

Regardless of a 1 or 2 spot circuit breaker.
Well my ballast fires the hortiluxes ones but after about a minute the bulb goes off and then after 5 minutes or so it fires again. Then everything repeats. I contacted the engineer of the ballast company and he told me that their ballast won't work with that bulb and I should look for 120 volt bulb which the SON-T 1000W E40 is. This is from their site.

Voltage (Max) 115 V
Voltage (Min) 85 V
Voltage (Nom) 100 V

I wonder if the ETI BALLAST 1000W will be able to run the horti bulb?

Ina

Ina

This is with normal,"street"400w HPS bulb.I'm not sure,i think it was Osram. I used to add two x 60w blue CLFs to it.Just in case,because it was not "grow":)
img_5048-jpg.185980

Reactions: Kot
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well my ballast fires the hortiluxes ones but after about a minute the bulb goes off and then after 5 minutes or so it fires again. Then everything repeats. I contacted the engineer of the ballast company and he told me that their ballast won't work with that bulb and I should look for 120 volt bulb which the SON-T 1000W E40 is. This is from their site.

Voltage (Max) 115 V
Voltage (Min) 85 V
Voltage (Nom) 100 V

I wonder if the ETI BALLAST 1000W will be able to run the horti bulb?

Well ballasts are made to fire specific bulb types and wattages so if you want to know whats up maybe contact hortilux

But the son t should grow plants too. I just have no experience with it.

Top Bottom