Big enough to top?

• Thread starter Cjm2164
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpz719

Terpz719

Got it that way. Was really bad. I Replanted up to the first leaves. A lot better than it was.
Congrats on saving it! I'm still a newbie, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd say give it a little longer. What I do, which means it's just what I do, is wait till there are six nodes then top it back till there are three. The idea being the roots are more developed by then.

While it looks like there are enough nodes, you might want to let it get a bit more established first. Then top it back a few nodes. It still looks a little frail to me.

Some don't top until the leaves have at least five leaflets. If you search around you'll see there are a lot of different ideas about it. Like most things weed, there usually isn't a single right way. Good luck!

Vagician

Vagician

It's the perfect time to pinch her. A lot of people do it after the second set of true leaves before the plant has really taken off. This baby should have the root system to recover quickly and bush out nicely.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would pinch it now, typically after the 3rd set of leaves is open. Make sure to make a clean cut and not leave any of the center or it will grow funky instead of splitting into two. Good luck!

Cjm2164

Cjm2164

Thanks for that shot. I've never seen an alternate spiral leaf pattern in a cannabis plant before. I'd be confused where to top!
Is that flowers starting already? Could this be autoflower?

Top Bottom