Big f*** problem. Should i start from beginning.

• Thread starter GrowUp777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I was gone for about 10 days. when I got home I saw that they didn't drink water. then I started looking at everything and I saw the timer. this all happened in literally two days after i fixed the timer. there are maybe three or four more that are still green.
There it is.......so the timer on your lights going off was a symptom of the bigger/real problem, they didn't get water.

If you have any alive they'll bounce back in time, you'll have to decide if it's worth it in terms of blending them into your next grow.

GrowUp777

GrowUp777

No it's not. Water it's good but when I start timer yesterday today this happening

GrowUp777

GrowUp777

I have, but I had removed the computer for prevention. all of this from pretty green girls to what you see happened literally within 48 hours of turning on the lights on schedule

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm just more confused......you started another thread last week with this problem? It's just worse now? It's hard to tell what's really going on big picture. They almost seem chemical burned, or a combination of dying of thirst and a Ph way out of line, or way too much nutrients?

GrowUp777

GrowUp777

no ,i had them on on 12/12 filled my container with bloom food and had to travel for 10 days. I came home the other day and looked at them. there were one or two plants that were this way. everyone else was great. started a system scan and noticed the broken timer. I changed it. the lights came on and today when I went in to see how they were doing everything was horrible. I have photographed the most damaged ones but in general everything happened in those 24 48 hours of which I fixed the timer

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I have, but I had removed the computer for prevention. all of this from pretty green girls to what you see happened literally within 48 hours of turning on the lights on schedule
i have never seen a plant go from normal to this in 48 hours. Shit - harvesting the plant and hanging it to dry won't make it look like that in 48 hours - all i gotta say is whatever you did wrong you did that a+ wrong lol

automation is like delegation - gotta be able to oversee the quality of work or.. well this.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Wake and bake here to but brother you need to start a Dorsey and do some research here on the farm - people will help but you gotta do the work - there’s lots going on besides a timer ! Starting with your in dirt? And haven’t cked them in a week ? Only the best and most experienced with lots of automation can get away with that! Start again with a diary and all your info
I'm straight as a nail so I'm literally crying.... :(

So if I'm getting this right, you have things so automated that you don't check in on them or haven't been home for a week? I don't know if just a week in the dark, if everything else was ok........I would think what you'd find is a lot of very light green/pale, stretching shoots going on. What specifically happened? Was it more than a week......? And did other things go wrong?

Yeah, the 1 is saveable (how did that one make it?), the rest, no....... :(
Truth ^ it’s more that dark are you sure ur whole system didn’t shut off ?

GrowUp777

GrowUp777

Yes I'm sure. The pots are very watered and my can its almost empty

I

IamN2pot

THose pics remind me of the Growing Belushi episode where he sprayed neem onto a grow and forgot to turn off the lights when he left. Next morning looked just like those. 🙁

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yes I'm sure. The pots are very watered and my can its almost empty
So the only thing you can tell that's gone wrong.......is the lights were out for a week?

And I also get the language difference.... you're in Bulgaria! That's wild, and is that your pet owl?? ;)

Looking at your other recent threads, and pictures, and looking at the entire situation, it seems like the problem isn't with your light cycle or the light timer thing, but with your soil (you mentioned using "old soil"), the pictures of your soil, the root balls.......they look all dried out, and things look "burned"......I can't tell if it's lack of watering, poorly watering/not watering thoroughly, causing big dry patches........or maybe it's too much nutrients buildup, toxicity......or maybe the Ph is way off, and maybe it's some combination or where one problem leads to another.....

We'd have to look at what you're doing, your day to day, week to week process to see what your doing (or not doing). But the next time you grow, I would throw out all of the old soil, and start again with new, fluffy, rich, dark soil, you can add a little peat moss, I would also add a little perlite, some worm castings..........try to hold off on chemical fertilizers and introduce them later on as they're needed. But good fluffy soil, watered thoroughly but it should be spongey wet, not soaking wet. And before watering again the top few inches should be rather dry, but the soil shouldn't be dusty, crumbly bone dry.

Check your soil and water Ph too

Maybe for your next grow you can do a journal here and post as you're growing?

GrowUp777

GrowUp777

I just got home from the store. I have taken 30 bags of light mix bio bizz. It's time to change these shits in the pots. I also released 50 seeds of amnesia haze. I'm thinking of making them with the Sea of green method. After I put them in I'll open a new journal and we'll follow what happens together. Thanks everyone for the advice and attention.

Anthem

Anthem

no ,i had them on on 12/12 filled my container with bloom food and had to travel for 10 days. I came home the other day and looked at them. there were one or two plants that were this way. everyone else was great. started a system scan and noticed the broken timer. I changed it. the lights came on and today when I went in to see how they were doing everything was horrible. I have photographed the most damaged ones but in general everything happened in those 24 48 hours of which I fixed the timer
Something else was wrong, this is 100 percent not caused by the lights being off for 10 days. I have had plants go 17 days without light and they are completely green and wanted to grow once they had lights back on them. I tried to save them but they would not kick back into gear and start growing. But 100 percent not because of a lack of light

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Not sure how your girls died that quickly other than a really bad spider mite infestation. Without knowing your entire setup and process it's hard to diagnose something as improbable as what you are stating happened. Not saying it didn't happen that way but it seems odd that they would, according to you, go from relatively healthy to crispy and dead just from taking them out of a dark period within a 48 hour period.

Trust me. I have some experience in automating a grow to leave it untouched for an extended period of time. Regardless, start over.

My suggestion would be to buy a remote camera so that when you're away you can monitor your garden and whatever components your automated system employs if it's not reliable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom