big flush after nut burn

• Thread starter hummusjonas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hummusjonas

hummusjonas

(indoor ) so in week one of flower i tested my runoff and the ph was very low and the ppm very high so i decided to flush ( the plants were looking not so happy also)... my pots are 7 liters and i gave every pot 21 liters to do a reset,, the soil took about 7 days to dry and then i continued like normal. I have a good friend that told me that normally when this happens, you should give it a extra week of flower since the plants kind of "stops" from stress during that week of flush... any thoughts?? thanx

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

(indoor ) so in week one of flower i tested my runoff and the ph was very low and the ppm very high so i decided to flush ( the plants were looking not so happy also)... my pots are 7 liters and i gave every pot 21 liters to do a reset,, the soil took about 7 days to dry and then i continued like normal. I have a good friend that told me that normally when this happens, you should give it a extra week of flower since the plants kind of "stops" from stress during that week of flush... any thoughts?? thanx
You give it as long as it needs in flower to be done. The plants will tell you

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You can't rely on the breeder's recommendations for flowering, as they usually shave off a few weeks to make their seeds seem more attractive. I let my plants flower until they are exhausted. The larger fan leaves yellow and fall off eventually and the other smaller leaves often change colors... purple is prominent when it is colder. Every plant and every grow is different and different nutes, lights, or a bunch of other things come into play when determining when a plant is finished.
In my experience, I feel that buds get most of their taste and heft during the last weeks of flowering, so don't cut them short. The trichome color method is helpful but shouldn't be the only indicator. The difference between lettin them finish totally and harvesting when they are at the "peak" of the Trichome color scheme is so minimal that it can only be noticed by sensitive tests. If you can feel the difference between a 5% can of beer and a 5.02% can, then maybe this dosn't apply to you, but for the majority of us growers, the difference is very minimal and a plant will have a lot more variations on it than you see from waiting too long.
Get to know your plants intimately. By observing them daily and watching how the react to watering, feeding, and other stuff will make you learn without realizing it. Advice is great but it' better to learn first hand.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can't rely on the breeder's recommendations for flowering, as they usually shave off a few weeks to make their seeds seem more attractive. I let my plants flower until they are exhausted. The larger fan leaves yellow and fall off eventually and the other smaller leaves often change colors... purple is prominent when it is colder. Every plant and every grow is different and different nutes, lights, or a bunch of other things come into play when determining when a plant is finished.
In my experience, I feel that buds get most of their taste and heft during the last weeks of flowering, so don't cut them short. The trichome color method is helpful but shouldn't be the only indicator. The difference between lettin them finish totally and harvesting when they are at the "peak" of the Trichome color scheme is so minimal that it can only be noticed by sensitive tests. If you can feel the difference between a 5% can of beer and a 5.02% can, then maybe this dosn't apply to you, but for the majority of us growers, the difference is very minimal and a plant will have a lot more variations on it than you see from waiting too long.
Get to know your plants intimately. By observing them daily and watching how the react to watering, feeding, and other stuff will make you learn without realizing it. Advice is great but it' better to learn first hand.
This ^^^

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

the books don't get more thorough than this...
i had a feeling i was getting screwed on flowering times. that explains it!

at the end of the flush

did u happen to measure, again?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

stress will and does delay, but... the guy who is not aquaman, today, answered better than anyone else could, or in aquaman's case... was gonna.

and 5.02... obviously, the five ohh, was one... hop... short. I'd have noticed. norm did...
-cheerz

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

what's the latest? pics? gonna start a journal? maybe risk picking up a sponsor, by doing so? link us?

hummusjonas

hummusjonas

what's the latest? pics? gonna start a journal? maybe risk picking up a sponsor, by doing so? link us?
hmmmm sorry my slowness sometimes its hard to understand some of the expretions you guys use in forums as i am from barcelona.... journal? sponsor? link us? jajajajjajajjaja😜... the main reason for the post is that i have a 3 diferent genetics and i have a rough idea of how many weeks it takes to flower but its the first time i grow them... and obviously you should listen to the plant as she tells you how she is and what she needs... but since i have 3 diferent types,, it was important for me to know by your experience if it has happened to you guys that for example after a huge flush like this,, it is posible that the plant needs an extra week of flower mainly because i would like to have an idea of when i have to start feeding it less and when i have to flush the last two weeks before harvest. Like this i would be able to do a sort of calendar...please let me know about the sponsor thing or link as i am knew to this site and to forums in general,,, piece

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
hmmmm sorry my slowness sometimes its hard to understand some of the expretions you guys use in forums as i am from barcelona.... journal? sponsor? link us? jajajajjajajjaja😜... the main reason for the post is that i have a 3 diferent genetics and i have a rough idea of how many weeks it takes to flower but its the first time i grow them... and obviously you should listen to the plant as she tells you how she is and what she needs... but since i have 3 diferent types,, it was important for me to know by your experience if it has happened to you guys that for example after a huge flush like this,, it is posible that the plant needs an extra week of flower mainly because i would like to have an idea of when i have to start feeding it less and when i have to flush the last two weeks before harvest. Like this i would be able to do a sort of calendar...please let me know about the sponsor thing or link as i am knew to this site and to forums in general,,, piece
Barcelona... I fell in love with it years ago but had a incident at the airport. I forgot that I had a small "dugout"... a type of one hitter smoking device. The customs guy searched my luggage like it was a magnet and off I went. I was taken down under the airport, with stone walls and looking very "Midnight Express" movie-ish. The device held a small amount of marijuana and it was my lastest batch and was bright green. The customs and federales were puzzled by the appearance and when they tested it with a triumphant smirk, it only showed a test kit with a bunch of floating green stuff in it... for some reason it didn't trigger the test kit that they used. They returned everything except the contents and sent me on my way. I got a half ounce of hashish off of the cab driver on the way from the airport! I guess hash is pretty common, or at least was.
Anyhow... with 3 different strains, it is difficult to determine when they are done flowering without a good look at each of them. I would allow at least 8 weeks for flowering, and maybe up to 12 or more if any are sativa dominant strains, which take longer to finish flowering. Each strain will mature a little differently, but I usually look for the new buds getting a little pointy at the tips along with single bladed leaves, yellowing of lower fan leaves, girth of buds and greasy feel, and the color of the Trichomes. It is more a collection of signs than any single sign or event. I like to let the leaves start to change colors, sometimes like trees in autumn as it can give some great purple coloring if it is a little chilly.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

if you're interested, go to the left tab forums. grow journals. start journal, or something similar. I'm bad at navigation. it's not u. my crazy, makes me cryptic. ur English is awesome! my vosotros, is shyt... and jimster's luck... midnight Express... old mofo... !
lmao
puup your pants? takedowns are more fun, in the mud...

sponsor wise- they do exist- they exist on this site. do an educational journal- maybe you get a bumper sticker, or something. 😁

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Barcelona... I fell in love with it years ago but had a incident at the airport. I forgot that I had a small "dugout"... a type of one hitter smoking device. The customs guy searched my luggage like it was a magnet and off I went. I was taken down under the airport, with stone walls and looking very "Midnight Express" movie-ish. The device held a small amount of marijuana and it was my lastest batch and was bright green. The customs and federales were puzzled by the appearance and when they tested it with a triumphant smirk, it only showed a test kit with a bunch of floating green stuff in it... for some reason it didn't trigger the test kit that they used. They returned everything except the contents and sent me on my way. I got a half ounce of hashish off of the cab driver on the way from the airport! I guess hash is pretty common, or at least was.
Anyhow... with 3 different strains, it is difficult to determine when they are done flowering without a good look at each of them. I would allow at least 8 weeks for flowering, and maybe up to 12 or more if any are sativa dominant strains, which take longer to finish flowering. Each strain will mature a little differently, but I usually look for the new buds getting a little pointy at the tips along with single bladed leaves, yellowing of lower fan leaves, girth of buds and greasy feel, and the color of the Trichomes. It is more a collection of signs than any single sign or event. I like to let the leaves start to change colors, sometimes like trees in autumn as it can give some great purple coloring if it is a little chilly.
mallorca...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

you surf, spain? any cool breaks to check out? I'm old... but i still love a pretty right.

hummusjonas

hummusjonas

spain is really easy,, ive been caught in the past with weed and sometimes they just give it back to you if you nice to them jajajajja..ok so basically they are all around 8 weeks,, independent from when they are ready or not, i would to know when i have to start flushing... so the real question here would be ¿ what signs do you get from the plant that you need to start flushing (two weeks before harvest) ? should i start flushing or going back on my nutrients once i see the first orange hairs popping out?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
spain is really easy,, ive been caught in the past with weed and sometimes they just give it back to you if you nice to them jajajajja..ok so basically they are all around 8 weeks,, independent from when they are ready or not, i would to know when i have to start flushing... so the real question here would be ¿ what signs do you get from the plant that you need to start flushing (two weeks before harvest) ? should i start flushing or going back on my nutrients once i see the first orange hairs popping out?
I personally don't flush, but everyone has their own ways of doing things. Determining when to flush, then, is largly up to the grower's discretion. I know a lot of folks only flush a feww days prior to harvest, but it seems that as time goes on, the flushing times have gotten longer. Flushing doesn't clean out the plant, it simply removes nutrients from the soil/medium. Adding Molasses is another thing... plants can't use the sugar so it doesn't help the plant. It might help soil microorganisms, but that is another topic.
I wish I had a solid answer, but there really isn't one... it is all based on the preferences of the grower. I guess the best answer, if you feel that a 2 week flush is a good idea, would to start flushing 2 weeks prior to the expected finishing date... if the plants are supposed to flower for 8 weeks, start flushing at 6 weeks. The estimated flowering time is usually understated and flowering takes longer than the seller says. In my opinion, if I had to choose when to start, it would be when the larger fan leaves start to yellow, after about 6 weeks or so of flowering.

Top Bottom