Big Grow Expertise

• Thread starter JUSTJR27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JUSTJR27

Big Grow Expertise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe you guys with big grow exp. can tell me what you think about this grow that Im planinng and tell me what you think I will be able to pull off each plant And just a little info I have grown several soil grows

Lights and System:
6 1000 watt lights Veg Cycle
10 1000 watt lights Flower Cycle
Co2 Sealed Room
Drip System ( Drain to Waste)
2.5 ton A/C 35,000 Btu

Plants:
60 Ak47 or Pure Power Plant
Grown in 10 gallon pots with Hydroton
Vegged For 1 month

Nutrients:
Dutch Master Gold Grow A/B
Ducth Master Gold Flower A/B
Dutch Master Add 27 Grow/Flower
Dutch Master Zone
Dutch Master Silica
Dutch Master Liqiud Light Foliar Spray
Ducth Master Gold Saturator Foliar

G

gamehendge

use some of those veg. lights for flower, veg 2 months, lollipop tough, scrog it in.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
It sounds like your letting your soil grow knowledge get in the way of planning the perfect room. Not to mention the 6k veg thing. That's a lot of equiptment and stuff to worry about so you want it to be the best it can be. A lot of other people here are getting huge yields from having more lights then plants. I would do a lot more research before you jump into 600 gallons of hydroton.

I just think you can get way more plant with a lot less rootspace if you plan this properly even if it does mean stepping out of your comfort zone. In the end you could be kickin back with way less stress and work if done utilizing one of these newer growing methods but you will have to learn a lot first. It can be done very quickly here so....yeah back to the drawing board.

Hope these thought of mine help ya out. Still stoked for ya bro....jus get to the boards and start learning.

gisisi

gisisi

You will be surprised at how fast and big your plants grow in hydroton with hydroponic nutes if you have been using soil.

Rather than discourage you, I recommend you recirculate 24/7 and use a chiller.

Plants somewhere between 40" and 5' on center, vertical lights.

Use 14kW for flower, 2kW for veg.

gisisi

gisisi

If you are stuck on run to waste, you might consider coco or diatomite rocks instead of hydroton.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

10 gallon buckets are HUGE for what you are doing. Way huge. Way lot of hydroton to buy. That's like 45 bags of grow rocks. And then washing all of that afterwards - yikes. That's a lot of damn drippin' too.

You obviously have some space. I tell everyone new to hydro to go E&F. Not that you can't do a drain to waste or any other method your first go around it is that there is an abundance of successful E&F grows to mimic. All kinds of help available for when a problem develops. It is also simple and easy IMO.

Concerning your lighting, your veg room might be a bit much, but I could utilize 4000-5000W in a veg room on a 10K flower room grow.

Consider this based off of a pure 8 week strain:

Perpetual harvest. 20 plants in veg and 40 plants in flower with a bi-weekly harvest. So, 2 veg tubs with 10 each and 4 flower tubs with 10 each. Every two weeks, you are harvesting one flower tub. You put 10 fresh rooted clones in your first veg tub, the first veg tub plants get moved to the second and the second veg tub plants get moved to the now open flower tub. Plants spend two weeks in the first veg tub and then two in the other for one month vegging after roots.

You can get away with flowering in a 2 gallon pot, but can go bigger. You could throw drippers on as well if you use a bigger pot.

Get your room dialed in to 2lbs. a thowie and on a 8 week strain, that is 4lbs/month. If 4lbs/month off of a 60 plant garden ain't enough, well get a bigger AC and more lights and do RDWC.

4 thowies in your flower room, one over each tub. Or 6 thowies with 3 thowies over 2 4X4 tubs. One 600W in veg and one thowie in veg for the veg week 3-4 tub.

If you are going to do 10 gallon buckets, go all the way and do verticle lighting and RDWC.

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Hi there Justjr27- I have a couple questions... Are you planing on cooling both rooms with that 2.5 ton A/C? If so are you planing on air cooling your lights? Also what manufacturer are you planing to source your A/C from?

I'm not familiar with any manufacturer that rates a 2.5 ton A/C at 35,000 Btu. From what I have seen (granted I haven't seen everything out there) A/C's that are 2.5 tons are truly rated to cool up to 30,000 Btu or 7-8 1k watt lights that are not air cooled with a Co2 burner. A 1k light puts off about 4000 Btu give or take. With that being said you have about 64,000 Btu with 16 1k watt lights that are not air cooled. Now if you plan to air cool your lights you will need to be pushing about 150 cfm of 65-70* air per 1k watt light to get your Btu's down to about 2000 Btu a 1k watt light which still leaves you at about 32,000 Btu. Which will work if your A/C is truly rated at 35,000 Btu. Tons to Btu's are not an exact conversion and some A/C companies will claim to cool slightly more Btu's than what they actually can. Take a look at this web site http://www.excelair.ca/. They have a calculator to help you size your A/C to your room based on multiple factors... Like your max outside ambient air temp. in the region your grow is in along with how many lights you plan to run and what other heat producing equipment you plan to run in your rooms. i.e. Co2 burner, Dehumidifier etc.

I currently own two 5 ton A/C units from Excel Air and I am very pleased with them. They were easy to install, came with pre-charged lines and their customer sevice is surpassed by none. They even when as far as to run a test for me at their shop to see if I would be able to cool 24 1k watt air cooled lights simultaneously with one of their 5 ton units utilizing their damper control package and a split zone controller before I even made a purchase. At the time they didn't even offer a split zone controller nor had ever implemented one into their systems. However they do now but you won't see it listed on their web site. you have to ask for it. Last I spoke with them (about 2 months ago) they told me that I am the only person to ever ask for this set up... I guess people like to spend their money on more air conditioners... Personally I enjoy spending my money on slow cars and fast women.;)

You can check out my A/C set up Here...

Hope this helps you reach your goals:handshake

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
i would not take this project on till you learn more about growing, 6k watts of light is way overkill for a 10k flower room and shows your not ready for this, also people grow big plants in 10 gallon containers, 60 of these would not fit under 10 k lighting, or 6 per light, back to the drawing board i think

Bingo!!!! We have a winner.

L

lifecycle

hey Ben do you have a pricing sheet on those AC units...shit looks legit

600gph

600gph

Ben,

If you have a dampener on the 5 ton do you have another a/c for the dark cycle...

I am one of the ones who purchased an extra a/c instead of the dampener for that specific reason...Needing cooling and dehumidifying during the dark cycle...

mc

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

hey Ben do you have a pricing sheet on those AC units...shit looks legit

No, I don't have a price sheet. Ask your local hydro store or call excel air. Their number is on their web site. Here's the link http://www.excelair.ca/

Ben,

If you have a dampener on the 5 ton do you have another a/c for the dark cycle...

I am one of the ones who purchased an extra a/c instead of the dampener for that specific reason...Needing cooling and dehumidifying during the dark cycle...

mc

My A/C runs both of my rooms at the same time 24/7. How I accomplished this was by adding a ZONE CONTROLLER. The damper package alone will only control the rooms independently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom