Big Indoor Grow (need Help From Experienced Farmers)

• Thread starter Merot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Merot

So lets say that i have done a lot of reserch and im ready to start my first big grow.(ive grown before but it was just one plant )
I am going to grow 30 plants in 10 gallon smart pots using a mix of organic soil and perlite (80%/20%)
So my questions are :
1.Is it gona be ok to use 8x 600W hdi-s
2.And can someone give me a good opinion on what nutrients should i use taking in mind that i am a beginner grower.

iKharon

iKharon

Depending on mix and soil, don't need perlite.. could use pumice.
As far as light, check the footprint of them.. regarding 10 gal.. should be solid for indoor. 30s in greenhouse here.

M

Merot

Depending on mix and soil, don't need perlite.. could use pumice.
As far as light, check the footprint of them.. regarding 10 gal.. should be solid for indoor. 30s in greenhouse here.
1.Ty for the info, ill be reserching other soil mixes . I am not rushing it and trying to figure out every detail.
2.I have a decent size room and i can always cut the space with a fake wall. My question is if 8x 600W HDI-s are gona give enough light for 30 decent size plants (considering the 10 gallon smart pots)

dan1989

dan1989

As for nutes I'm not sure how available they are in your area, but I only recommend Dutch Pro. Original grow, original Bloom and Explode are the main ones I use, along with a few other micros and cleaners (namely Take Root, Multi-Total and keep it clean). Get a self calibrating PH tester and grow with Coco in my opinion. I've read people say that soil is great for learners, I am not one of these people. Soil holds onto nutrients for a long time so is all too easy to overdose your girls. Coco is inert so you have greater control over exactly how much nutes your plants are actually taking in. If you think you have overdone it on the nutes you can flush out your medium and correct things in a shorter space of time. Organic soils can be quite 'hot' for young plants. At least with Coco you know what nutrients are present before you start growing, none!

M

Merot

As for nutes I'm not sure how available they are in your area, but I only recommend Dutch Pro. Original grow, original Bloom and Explode are the main ones I use, along with a few other micros and cleaners (namely Take Root, Multi-Total and keep it clean). Get a self calibrating PH tester and grow with Coco in my opinion. I've read people say that soil is great for learners, I am not one of these people. Soil holds onto nutrients for a long time so is all too easy to overdose your girls. Coco is inert so you have greater control over exactly how much nutes your plants are actually taking in. If you think you have overdone it on the nutes you can flush out your medium and correct things in a shorter space of time. Organic soils can be quite 'hot' for young plants. At least with Coco you know what nutrients are present before you start growing, none!
I can easily get my hands on some foxfarm nutes (Foxfarm trio) and i am probably gona go with them , but i will probably need something for roots.

dan1989

dan1989

Well I'm no expert but all I'll say is I was using fox farms grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom etc and switched to Dutch Pro and never looked back...

Smerb

Smerb

I can honestly say a mix of coco and soil will do great. organic teas can take up some nutrient needs, but almost any nutrient line is going to go good for you if you use it right. There are a mix of growers and a mix of nutrients, choose wisely, pricewise, and for there uses. Fow Farm Trio is missing their Beastie Budz and a few other extras.

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

I can easily get my hands on some foxfarm nutes (Foxfarm trio) and i am probably gona go with them , but i will probably need something for roots.
Use success nutrient line up or you could have a lot of beginner deficiency problems. Success nutrients can be found at successnutrients.com
I am good with the guys there at the company they will hook you up for sure. If you call he may even send you a starter kit for bottom dollar! Trust me well worth it these nutrients will blow almost every line out of the water trust me I've used several

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I piss in a bottle and we can call it super horizan grow formula high in N......
high in thc too!
My point is there is a million nutes that another million ppl use all with pros and cons and yip and yap.
Simple, get a nutrient that is a 1 part. 1 bottle. FNG or FNB Flora series...
And i agree dump the soil, get canna coco and canna coco nutes. or at least nutes made to use in coco..
They are made for each other, its a marriage made in growers heaven..
Thats as simple as it gets... good luck..

M

Merot

Thank you guys for the info. I am going to consider coco or soil+coco. As for nutes ill probably go as cheap as i can cuz my budget is kind of tight.
As for the guy who asked where is the grow - i prefer not giving away the info

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

Use HP pro mix, with 25% perlite trust me used by the pros it's pre mixed with mycorhizae and very porous. Good luck. You can buy 60lbs for about $50 and 4 cubic feet of perlite for $30 it goes a LONG way never reuse either

Last edited:
N

notplayinn

Bro go coco, don't consider coco plus soil. Use either or. Sometimes people give bad advice, and seem to forget you're investing racks and time. And dude flora nova is the most basic of salts, hard to pull serious numbers using that crap. use a 2 part advanced line for better yield and aromas and texture. Like sensi grow and bloom a and b is a great beginner line. some big bud, overdrive, and bud candy and you're cherry. or if you want a one part you can use Mother Earth tea grow and bloom one part suuuuuuper easy to use and the flavors are amazing. Good for coco or soil. Imo since you're a beginner I would use soil the watering would be easier and the feeding schedule would be easier. coco requires more attention (more vigorous drinking) but damn the yields are sick dude

N

notplayinn

But not a lot of people know about it, it's not as good as iguana juice one part but it's still great

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Bro go coco, don't consider coco plus soil. Use either or. Sometimes people give bad advice, and seem to forget you're investing racks and time. And dude flora nova is the most basic of salts, hard to pull serious numbers using that crap. use a 2 part advanced line for better yield and aromas and texture. Like sensi grow and bloom a and b is a great beginner line. some big bud, overdrive, and bud candy and you're cherry. or if you want a one part you can use Mother Earth tea grow and bloom one part suuuuuuper easy to use and the flavors are amazing. Good for coco or soil. Imo since you're a beginner I would use soil the watering would be easier and the feeding schedule would be easier. coco requires more attention (more vigorous drinking) but damn the yields are sick dude
flora nova is basic, thats why i recommended it. He burns up 40 plants in coco or anything for that matter, the little less yield you mentioned will pale in comparison... 40 plants is a lot to take care of coming from just 1 harvest of a 1 plant grow

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

I use HP pro mix with 25% perlite and pull 4 a light with success nutrients bro. I used Coco to start my journeys way long ago. Definitely prefer HP pro mix

Top Bottom