big kahuna reflector from htg questions???

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

Ok I have a few questions before i buy this hood. if any one has one any info would be great. i need to now if they take an 8in ducting or will 6in ducting cool them. i thing there setup for 6in ducting but i would like to use 8in ducting if it will allow it. can u set it up for 8in ducting? any info would be great i need to set up my ducting soon thanks farmers

W

woody420

is there something bad about the hoods/ no body is running them?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
its prety new - I guess you could get a reducer and use 8" - but a 6" would be fine

do you already have an 8" fan that you want to use?

W

woody420

i would like to run my 8in can fan more cfm. im going to be cooling 4-5 1000 with them hoods. just trying to figure out my venting. if i use the 8in fan i have should i push or pull the air out of a 8in-6in reducer to cool my hoods or have it pushing and pulling in between the lights not sure if thats a good idea ? thanks for the hand bro

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I would pull - its more efficient - some like to push because less chance smell will leak from your room if those hood dont seal 100% - I think the general rule is 200 cfm per light - the reducer is going to "reduce" your possible cfms though and Im not sure by how much

I dont air cool in my main grow atm

W

woody420

could run an 6in fan im just trying to drop the btu's off the hoods the best i can i figure more air the cooler the hood would be. is a 8in fan with 6in ducting going to pull more air?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
no it wont pull more I think its gonna pull less then the fan is rated for

I could be really high - well shit I am really high - but uhh yeah I think the answer is no - lol

purpleberry

purpleberry

Always push, if you have a air leak it push air in the room, If you pull it will suck the stink outside. If you run 2 rows of lights you can Y the 8" fan into 2 6" ducts.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I pulled for years and still never smelled anything outside my grow

W

woody420

one 8in can fan is not going to cool them hoods should i use 2. i got a 240sq foot room with an 14000 btu ac. plan on running 5 1000 a.c. hoods and kept the temps 75-80 think that will happen my room has 6in insultaion walls. i will be pulling air at night its gets down to around 70 degs at night in the summer and 40s right now if not cooler

Top Bottom