Big Mike Explains pH Perfect

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

its a "trade secret" wtf.....I can use a 2 dollar bottle of nutes from lowes that automatically gets my water in the "sweet spot". what a fucking joke. this is why we are looked down upon by the rest of the agricultural business

yes weed is medicine unlike corn or potatoes but its still just a fucking plant, theres no secrets lol

squiggly

squiggly

i cant see why this guy hasn't been sued for fraud....co-0factors?

Co-factors are legitimate chemical needs of a plant. Co-factors are generally metal ions which are required for the proper function of a protein. Magnesium is a very common co-factor. Zinc is another (look up "zinc finger").That said there are macromolecular co-factors and some of these are also called vitamins (if they meet certain criteria).

I agree that AN are mostly snake oil salesman and that products like theirs are absolutely a joke in the agricultural industry.

I attend a university with perhaps one of the most prestigious AG programs in the US and all of my buddies in this discipline agree that "cannabis nutes" are the laughing stock of the industry.

I think their pH perfect line will actually cut out a lot of guesswork for beginner hydro growers and might be their only product that is actually worth something. It doesn't claim to be worth it to farmers--who wouldn't give a shit about it--but for the beginner it does bring something to the table I think.

As for most of what you said I do, surprisingly, agree with you.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Squiggly, everything you said is correct, and it could make it easier for beginners using hydro, but I don't think its good for the beginner growers overall learning experience.

I'll use my son as an example, now I could get him dressed, even when he is 7 or 8 years old, it would be faster and more efficient for me to do that. Or I could teach him how to dress himself, which will take longer then if I did it, but eventually he needs to learn how to get dressed so he is not a 15 year old teenager asking mommy and daddy to put on his pajamas on.

IMO its the same concept with this pH perfect shit, every grower, organic or not, should be able and know how to check there pH of the nutrient solution, water and run-off. It makes for better and more efficient growers, I don't want to rely on a nutrient company to make my pH what they think it should be, I want to do it myself, and I think its best for every grower to do it themselves too.

Now its not bad for a nutrient to be pH stable, which I could tweak myself with pH up and down. But with this pH perfect crap, you can't even change the pH of it, so the pH will be whatever AN wants it to be, not good IMO.

P.S. I don't like Advanced Nutrients anyways, so it gives me something to talk shit about, hahaa.

squiggly

squiggly

Squiggly, everything you said is correct, and it could make it easier for beginners using hydro, but I don't think its good for the beginner growers overall learning experience.

I'll use my son as an example, now I could get him dressed, even when he is 7 or 8 years old, it would be faster and more efficient for me to do that. Or I could teach him how to dress himself, which will take longer then if I did it, but eventually he needs to learn how to get dressed so he is not a 15 year old teenager asking mommy and daddy to put on his pajamas on.

IMO its the same concept with this pH perfect shit, every grower, organic or not, should be able and know how to check there pH of the nutrient solution, water and run-off. It makes for better and more efficient growers, I don't want to rely on a nutrient company to make my pH what they think it should be, I want to do it myself, and I think its best for every grower to do it themselves too.

Now its not bad for a nutrient to be pH stable, which I could tweak myself with pH up and down. But with this pH perfect crap, you can't even change the pH of it, so the pH will be whatever AN wants it to be, not good IMO.

P.S. I don't like Advanced Nutrients anyways, so it gives me something to talk shit about, hahaa.

I agree.

I think it's a legitimate product that can grow your plants--and does take some guesswork out with the pH perfect line (some folks are just never going to learn if we're being honest. Does a 68 year old who needs medicine really need to learn about pH? Not with this product they don't. I think there is some good in that.

The rest of what you said--I agree with.

If AN marketed that product to older folks who might have a hard time learning this shit then it would be really awesome of them. That's not who they market to and I agree they do damage as a result.

I was just making the point that not ALL of their products are entirely useless or without merit.

I am, in fact, currently developing a product which would take a lot of the guesswork out of compost tea brewing (and might boast some benefits over "accepted" methods).

Am I a hack asshole, too? Or am I trying to help people out ingeniously and maybe be compensated fairly for it?

I think you know the answer to that.

I think that yes this totally makes the whole scene look way more retarded than it has to, but hey. We're here. Let's be glass half full people.

I'm sure you know the chemisit's version of the half-empty/half-full joke.

(The glass is full and comprised of 50% H20 2% Argon 20% Oxygen and 38% Nitrogen)

For clarity I do not use--and never have or will--any of AN's products.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I agree.

I think it's a legitimate product that can grow your plants--and does take some guesswork out with the pH perfect line (some folks are just never going to learn if we're being honest. Does a 68 year old who needs medicine really need to learn about pH? Not with this product they don't. I think there is some good in that.

If AN marketed that product to older folks who might have a hard time learning this shit then it would be really awesome of them. That's not who they market to and I agree they do damage as a result.

I was just making the point that not ALL of their products are entirely useless or without merit.

I am, in fact, currently developing a product which would take a lot of the guesswork out of compost tea brewing (and might boast some benefits over "accepted" methods).

Am I a hack asshole, too? Or am I trying to help people out ingeniously and maybe be compensated fairly for it?

I think that yes this totally makes the whole scene look way more retarded than it has to, but hey. We're here. Let's be glass half full people.

(The glass is full and comprised of 50% H20 2% Argon 20% Oxygen and 38% Nitrogen)

I used AN for sometime spent thousands with old Big Mike, them days are over shit is wayyy to high priced & the 100% Money Back is total BullShit....:stop:

420Gator

420Gator

so chemists think its funny to get math equations wrong??:confused: I dont get it...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I agree.

I didn't think of the old grower, that makes sense. With compost tea, IMO, there are lots of microbes and its very confusing for the majority of people in general, not just growers, to understand, so I agree that would be great. But with pH its so simple to stick a pen in water and tweak it to within the optimal range, there really isn't anything hard about it. I do agree with you though.

Top Bottom