big plants needing support. what should i do with under growth???

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danko

so i ended up letting my girls get to tall i think. any way when i pulled all them apart to spray em with neem i noticed how week the side branches are on my trainwreck. i came to the conclusion that all these bushes are going to need some serius help keeping those branches up when those buds set in. solution, pvc frame trellis system!!! cheap easy and i think going to be better then stakes.

my question is, with these 3.5 ft plants with leaves from 8inches above the soil, what should i do with all that under growth? anything?

im placing the frame work trellis right on top of the canopy. i just started flowering so im thinking thats where i want the trellis. do you think the under growth will be an issue or should i just leave it?

these plants are super cropped so many many tops. its just the branches start way low so they are like 2 feet long! so just the top of those branches will be reaching the trellis. till they strach anyway.

thanks

dirrtyd

dirrtyd

I would use a tomato cage it will cover the lower branches for you. You already stated you would be using a trellis.
Dirrty

N

nor cali farmer

i cut any thing from the base up to 9" so no problems and you get bigger buds. peace thc joe from sunny nor cal

Top Bottom