Big pots !

• Thread starter john25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

john25

ive been thinking about trying to grow large plants in coco using 10gal pots. has anyone hereused this method before or know if its possible. what sort of veg time would be required to get a decent size & what sort of yield could you expect, any help appreciated,john.

E

easypleasie

Hey bro, I've been growing in 10 and 18 gallon coco pots. Yield depends on how long you veg, how much light you have, good yielding strain or not, etc. Lots of variables and you have to figure out what's gonna work for your situation. Do you have lots of room?

It has worked out great for me but I don't like having to veg so long to get big plants. 3-4 months is what i've had to do but i've got 1+ pound girls this way. Vertical lighting is the way to go.

F

fedor24

I run 10 gallon coco pots to grow large(4-5' tall) plants. I try to run strains that have a lot of vigor in veg. This helps to cut down on veg time.

J

john25

cheers forthe replies guys. what sortof average yield are you getting if you dont mind me asking ?

J

john25

cheers for the replies guys, what sort of average yield could i expect if i vegged for about 8 weeks, john

J

john25

it is an answerable question because if three seperate people who use this method vegging for 8 weeks, told us their yield, i would be able to work out somewhere inbetween what it is possible for me to get. for example if someone gets 5oz per plant someone else gets 8oz per plant & someone else gets 10oz per plant i know that its possible for me to achieve somewhere inbetween the highest & lowest.

20north

yea if you go with 10 gallon coco plants your going to have huge plants prob bigger than your expecting just make sure to use calmag with coco because coco eats calmag

most people i know who have done like 5 gallon coco plants achieve huge yields but the plants stretched ALOT and i guess it messed up the yield because they got so big i would expect like about 9 ounces from a 10 because people ive met get 6-12oz from a 5gal depends on strain for sure it depends mostly on how much light you give coco plants to estimate yield

P

peabody

Jhon 25 the one thing to keep a eye on is the root growth it will sneak up on you. they start slow but once they get going lookout they grow quick. good thing to keep in mind is your over all height ---- the strech can kill you if you don't have the room. I personally trans plant from a 1gal. pot to a 5 gal at about 6wks depending on the plant. current grow in a hempy pot perlite -n -vermic. doing some super croping liking the results. hope this helps. peabody be safe.

S

sativablast

ill take a guess and say for 600w and average strain shud expect from 6-10 oz

lars

lars

Wow, a 600w lighting up a plant(s) that big?
And John25, if you have to ask how much yield you're going to get, then you're prolly new to this, which translates to....you're not going to get the yield your buddies are talking about.

A

arnold420

Subscribed!

Kick ass grow!

Had the same exact system (ebb n flow) never ran coco in it though jus hydroton. I have heard Coco is a bit tricky in a recirculating system so careful.

Growing in coco as well. Here r my specs if your interested.....

Multiple 1000w'ers 5xplants per 1000w'er
Each over a 4.5'x 4.5' scrog screen 3"x3" holes in the screen made with string and 2x4 framing

Lumatek ballast
Hortilux blue for veg
Hortilux super hps for bloom
6" air cooled cool sun hoods
Co2 1000ppm(veg) 1800ppm(flo)
82-88 deg (day) 68-72 (night)
45-60% Humidity (veg)
30-45% humidity (bloom)

Strains...
3 different pheno's of Skunk#1 currently just to find best pheno then these will join it for my next grow....

Hawiian Snow (greenhouse)
Super Lemon Haze (greenhouse)
Delahaze (paridise)

5 gallon SMART POTS (they actualy fit like 7gallons cause of the fact that there made of fabric and stretch and and mold to the shape of the medium a little)

Medium....
1gal Foxfarm big chunky perlite on the bottom layer for drainage

Mix...
50% Canna coco fiber (2.5gal)

30% Canna bio-terra pro plus organic soil mix (1.5gal)

20% Foxfarm big chunky perlite (1gal)

Total of 6gal including the bottom layer for drainage.

This will b fed with Drain to waste method. Bout 1/2-3/4 of the usual ppm that I would use at most.

Will b checkn run off time to time and if ever needed I will flush with bout 300ppm solution of base nute and carbs only.

By bloom cycle I am usually
Watering 1xday (1/2gal each plant)

Also was curious on what people have been achieving (not what I will achieve) as far as YIELD goes????? Iam aware that there are many variables when it comes to YIELD.

If anyone with similar method/setup could please list yields along with coco feed metod and VEG TIME/strain.

I plan on vegging for 4weeks. Now I kno this is a touchy subject it seems but please don't look at is as me tryn to predict what I will yield. Can anyone give me a round about on what is achievable as far as yield under each 1000w 4.5x4.5' scrog optimum conditions + supplemented co2???

Will deff b keepn an eye on this 1!!!

Good luck!

t.o.med

t.o.med

you can get 2lb plants in 5 gallon pots with coco and it didnt take me 4 month veg if you have high humidity in veg they go like crazy 8 weeks veg should be long enough to get you 1-2 lb plants in coco dtw with enough lights going.

R

Rolln J

per 1000 watt light you should get anywhere from 1 - 3 lbs depending on growing conditions/strain etc...

ideally you want to pull 1 gram per watt - not always easy with certain strains - anything more is gravy...

A

arnold420

Thanks for the reply guys.

My goal is to hit 2per 1000w with this exact setup. 5xplants 4.5'x4.5' scrogs
4 weeks veg and all medium to heavy yielding strains. That would b 6.3oz per plant! In no rush to meet this goal, but I would b real nice.

I'll post my plans for feedn a little later.

No direspect to the thread my computer shit the bed and I'm not getn my laptop for a few months so I prob won't start a journal jus wanted to join some coco growers for some fun when ever I can on the blackberry. Lol

A

arnold420

4 weeks veg and all medium to heavy yielding strains. That would b 6.3oz per plant! In no rush to meet this goal, but I would b real nice.

No direspect to the thread my computer shit the bed and I'm not getn my laptop for a few months so I prob won't start a journal jus wanted to join some coco growers for some fun when ever I can on the blackberry. Lol

Harrypottery

Harrypottery

6.3 ozs per plant with a 4 weeks veg?
What's your secret? ???

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

If your goal is 2lbs per hood you dont even need to veg for more than 4 weeks as long as you top and prune the plants train them well to create more bud sites. I would go with 6 under 1k in 5gl smart pots in scrog. Definitely doable bro. Best of luck to you.

Harrypottery

Harrypottery

I have
If your goal is 2lbs per hood you dont even need to veg for more than 4 weeks as long as you top and prune the plants train them well to create more bud sites. I would go with 6 under 1k in 5gl smart pots in scrog. Definitely doable bro. Best of luck to you.

I have a Chronic Thunder and Banana Crack in veg week #9... in 5 gallon pots. Will be Transplanted into 10 -18 gallon pots, vegged until mid June and then flowered. They'll have their own space and light, if needed. 1000 watts max per. Its a soil, seed grow. Topped at 4th nodes and have LST since. Chronic have well over 25 tops. May top again this week.
I'd like a pound each....

Harrypottery

Harrypottery

I have

I have a Chronic Thunder and Banana Crack in veg week #9... in 5 gallon pots. Will be Transplanted into 10 -18 gallon pots, vegged until mid June and then flowered. They'll have their own space and light, if needed. 1000 watts max per. Its a soil, seed grow. Topped at 4th nodes and have LST since. Chronic have well over 25 tops. May top again this week.
I'd like a pound each....

I also have a C99 (Cinderella 99)
In a 3 gallon pot. Topped last week. Cleaned most fan leaves. Will probably veg until mid June and stuff her along one of the two girls.( chronic thunder and banana crack) Will finish in 7 gallon pot. Would like 5+ozs off her.... for a combined 40 ozs from 2000 watts.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom