Bio stimulates instead of fungucides

• Thread starter Zoneshityee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShadedFlarf

ShadedFlarf

Hi all,
What are some good bio stimulants ?? I found we can eliminate the need for fungicide by supplementing biostimulants and it would also help overall plant health
I don’t know if it is a bio stimulant, but, Actinovate is an OMRI listed fungicide that is beneficial bacteria that fights pythium and botrytis. Just make sure you use gloves when you use it. Got it on me one time and felt like I had the flu for a day. Was really weird.

happynessistheway

happynessistheway

something that should help in theory against fungus is bioavailable Si (i use Aptus Regulator) it toughens the Cell borders + you can crank up temp by 4°C to get them on 40°C and toast off the mycillium.
But if done too hot or to long can hurt your plants.
a natural idea would be to populate the ground with helpful funghi like mykorrhizha so the other funghi spores have way more competing funghi and they cant take over.
Kelp is sayed to have great effects on groth as bio stimulant.
my best answer was to by myself a small 40W dehumidifier and i had no issues anymore the answere is humidity.

Unhinged

Unhinged

I don’t know if it is a bio stimulant, but, Actinovate is an OMRI listed fungicide that is beneficial bacteria that fights pythium and botrytis. Just make sure you use gloves when you use it. Got it on me one time and felt like I had the flu for a day. Was really weird.
Sounds like a great idea...

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Tell me more about Bio Stimulants i want that info!!! Lay it on me, what did you use, what was the setting and how do you know it worked? I know theres solutions to fighting non beneficial fungus and mold by creating soil and plant health. That has been my primary focus since i grew with salts in coco outdoor and got PM and Bud mold really bad. My conclusion was that salts, and not living soil, grows plants with weakened immune systems, making them much more susceptible to infection. I have not had a single instance of it in the last season, and there was bindweed growing within 20 ft. that was totally infested with PM, and i personally attribute it to my conversion to "organics"...But i think its a full picture thing were talking about here, not just bio stimulants, but dirt, food, overall conditions, and the use of living soils, and foods that feed the living soil web.

happynessistheway

happynessistheway

enzenzyme good tip.
healthy rooty happy plant
i can recommend the OP too look up moldresistantstrains.
i had in my first run without dehumidifier PM issues only on white Haze Auto + Hindu Kush Auto
While the Durban Poison even had leaf to leaf conntact to some PM on white haze but the durban was like a no go area Amnesia was resistant too
mostly all 70% Sativas will do ok especially landraces

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Chitosan Oligosaccaride ..... not sure if can be called Bio stimulants...but...its action bumps the immunoresponse of the plant !
Homemade Lactobacillus cultures too...Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens too
Aspirin is very good for plants affected by Broadmites poisons...it perks em up..
Kelp is rich in growth Hormones beside micronutes
Enzymes, but prolly avoid the cannabis targeted ones....ridiculously diluted and expensive for no reason
Aminos (same as enzymes, get the ones for orchard growers...better quality, and cheaper)

BillFarthing made very good post about organic acids...lots of info there....

Pippins

Pippins

I've become totally hooked on Southern Ag Biological Fungicide-i add it to all my foliar sprays (up until buds form) and I add it to my nutrient solution at least once per week-I've had no issues with fungus or PM since I started using it regularly. But as GrapeFruit said, using things like Chitosan and aspirin to initiate systemic resistance is good too! Also, studies have shown a direct antifungal effect from Chitosan sprayed as a foliar-specifically against bud rot and PM. Lastly, one of the best "natural" systemics is Regalia-it's an incredible product, just very expensive. If you're interested in Systemic Acquired Resistance in plants, Regalia is tops from my experience in my home garden. Even if you get a PM attack, it's usually very mild and easily manageable with Regalia. I can't afford to use it now though, so I stick to Southern Ag and regular neem/silica sprays during veg. If you have problems with bud rot, be sure to try Chitosan as a preventive measure though!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Wow didnt know about this Regalia...i looked up and i discovered Reynoutria sachalinensis
Awesome tip!!

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Biostimulants are native to Marijuana. Get genetics from a region where grow stores and Instagram don't exist and hydroponics is considered demonic population controll/pharma setup.

All the old strains produced acids that fuk up invading spores on contact. Otherwise they wouldn't have been kept by people who will not spray their plants. Everyone online wanna send a picture and lie about the smell. Stop buying genetics from those people.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Biostimulants are native to Marijuana. Get genetics from a region where grow stores and Instagram don't exist and hydroponics is considered demonic population controll/pharma setup.

All the old strains produced acids that fuk up invading spores on contact. Otherwise they wouldn't have been kept by people who will not spray their plants. Everyone online wanna send a picture and lie about the smell. Stop buying genetics from those people.

Care to explain or support this comment?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Bump MIMED..... also WHATS bio stimulants?? Something that stimulates the biology of the soil? I think were heading the the direction of a discussion on Biology! Wasn't that Master Cho's whole deal? Finding the ideal biology and balance via a cultured introduction of the "ideal" percentages of mainly anaerobic organisms but also yeasts and different beneficial organisms, but mainly all anaerobic. But thats living things, dont we also use stuff thats not alive that effects the soil dramatically, like Enzymes? Found in more and more over the counter products but also in SST and naturally occurring in soil. Also wouldn't introductions of fungi and bacteria via teas fall under that concept?

Rippedtorn i totally agree with your statement that bio stimulants i.e biology are native to cannabis; fungi, yeast, bacteria, enzymes, and a slew of beneficial organisms are native to EVERY plant and animal on this earth. And i also dig the bigag approach, one old school cat said on a different thread about pots that cannabis is the only ag industry where folks spend tons of needless moneys on cloth and air pots.

I have watched many films and read plenty of books about Living soil and true soil health and the biology that goes into it and its so far disconnected from what the grow store sells you, or even what some "experts" tell you. The whole world of bullshit backyard blackmarket suppressed information is leaving now and hopefully be replaced with truth. I think that the biggest disconnect is that cannabis growers more often than not are not growing in the ground. Some grow in pits with dirt and a lot of them grow in pots and beds with non-native dirt. What does that mean? That we have ideal aeration and drainage and ideally plenty of nutrients? How far away from native true living dirt is that? Can you restore the natural balance of not natural soil?
One comparison i like to use is the whole probiotic thing, your gut and intestine contain every beneficial organism it needs but just in sometimes not ideal proportions. Why is that? Because of what you eat, that dictates what balance you will have with in you. Why is our soil not in balance? Because we are bad stewards to the earth.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

here you go! some all bad home made goodness, bad kraut and some bucha that i let go a lil long works really great to stimulate the biome!!

IMG 0659
, great for the garden soil and worms.

simonkay

simonkay

I build pest resistance and increase brix using a this Liquid Seaweed as a foliar spray and drench, once a week.
Hey bro đź‘‹ glad to read your post, I've just collected fresh seaweed and dried it into a powder as well as soak some in water.
How much do you mix exactly with your spray, im tryna build a schedule to introduce this to my plants

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Older thread but still ...

I use Southern Ag's Garden Friendly Fungicide. It uses biology to build up a natural layer of defense against fungus. This works best started early on as a preventative treatment by building up a good colony of fungus eating beneficial bacteria.

Latest posts

Top Bottom